Wiki Posts
Search

OF - anger induction, etc

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2015, 9:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci; BA, LT GGL; QF, platinum; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by stevie
Can I ask given the info on this thread whether F will be OF, but sold as F in November of this year. Am planning on flying down to F and want NF, so will go through JNB if I have to.
If you try booking on the BA website, F to CPT (which I assume you are going to!) is reinstated on 24 Oct.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
I think an anger management course may be needed for the passenger or he may end up with a stroke if OF was enough to send him into such a fit of rage.
I dread to think what would have happened if 1A turned out to be broken when he tried to recline .
Old Mar 6, 2015, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Can I ask given the info on this thread whether F will be OF, but sold as F in November of this year.
Even at present, there ought not to be any OF sold as F. Someone who bought F should only get OF by bad luck if an OF aircraft has to be substituted to operate a route on which F has been sold. I can't see that position changing, so I expect that the strict answer to your question is no.

Whether you might get OF if you buy F for travel in November is unknown at present. As stated already, the last news was that OF ought to be out of the fleet by then. But nobody on the outside seems to know what is planned to achieve this.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 6:23 pm

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL
Can I ask given the info on this thread whether F will be OF, but sold as F in November of this year. Am planning on flying down to F and want NF, so will go through JNB if I have to.
CPT only has 'OF sold as J' on one of the daily rotations. The other has NF sold as F (I'm booked in F on Weds, so I'm hoping that's still the case)
Old Mar 6, 2015, 6:50 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club, AZ, VS, AA, UA
Originally Posted by Often1
People who send of intemperate emails regret that sooner or later. Tagged as a problem child, the day will come when the red-faced shaker needs some dispensation from BA because he made an error. A review by a manager will turn up 14 diatribes in the database and the answer will be a smug "no". Deservedly so.

Whatever the long-term, the options at the gate are to board or not. BA can't pull an aircraft out of a hat and the complaint will still be there once one is home.
Please do clarifŷ. Are you proposing that anyone who complains about anything shall ge tagged as NSFA forever?
Old Mar 6, 2015, 10:26 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club, Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
I understood that flights that will be departing from LHR T3 from the end October this yesr e.g. LAS, were guaranteed to be NF. hence why BA are selling First tickets again on these flights from then on?

I have seats on BA275 in December and will be miffed if it is OF. Though maybe not enough to shake or turn purple.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 2:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MaximusDecimusMeridius
I understood that flights that will be departing from LHR T3 from the end October this yesr e.g. LAS, were guaranteed to be NF. hence why BA are selling First tickets again on these flights from then on?

I have seats on BA275 in December and will be miffed if it is OF. Though maybe not enough to shake or turn purple.
It will be NF in Dec, unless you are really, really unlucky! Of the last four, two OF go to the great scrapyard in the sky in Nov and one in Dec!
Old Mar 7, 2015, 8:49 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Sadly, as many other threads attest, air travel can bring out the worst in people, particularly those who think that they're special in some way and therefore that nothing bad must ever happen to them.

Expecting to receive the product paid for is reasonable; complaining strongly about being 'baited n' switched' is not the same as thinking they are special.

You have been brainwashed, my friend.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by MrClarence
... complaining strongly about being 'baited n' switched' is not the same as thinking they are special.
But what is reported to have happened here was neither of those things: neither "complaining strongly" on the passenger's part nor "bait and switch" on the airline's. This passenger's reported reactions are illuminating.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 4:39 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by MrClarence
[/B]

Expecting to receive the product paid for is reasonable; complaining strongly about being 'baited n' switched' is not the same as thinking they are special.

You have been brainwashed, my friend.
+1

Originally Posted by Globaliser
But what is reported to have happened here was neither of those things: neither "complaining strongly" on the passenger's part nor "bait and switch" on the airline's. This passenger's reported reactions are illuminating.
thw OP's writing has not changed but the perceptions/ interpretation of us three are different. I read the aggrieved pax' reaction as a complaint, especially the verbal and then writing out to several BA departments. Further bait and switched can very well be claimed by that pax if he was told this will not happen again.

Aircraft swaps are realities, but if the same route has frequent swaps then BA should let pax who will be affected know in advance.
We so not know what kind of a vist the pax had, what were his expectations......
So unless you can cross examine the pax, you have to take the eyewitness account.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 6:48 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage
What's the fuss? Isn't the OF a lie flat seat? Aren't you compensated? I don't get the problem.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 11:28 pm

First world problems. If the man reacts like that when NF is swapped for OF, a seat with identical dimensions and service let us not forget, I wonder how is he going to react when s**t really hits the fan in life.

It might be that I've been a little too unlucky in the past few years (grave illnesses, deaths and other major issues in my family), but being downgraded has become a minor nuisance, and this case wasn't even a downgrade at all.

I know I'm not going to be popular in a frequent flyer forum for saying this but... Let's remain real, guys.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 11:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 13900
I know I'm not going to be popular in a frequent flyer forum for saying this but... Let's remain real, guys.
I doubt that anyone on the Board would disagree with you. I had a 2 sec bout of disappointment when I saw it was BNLZ, since I wanted to work on my computer and watch a film. But, guess what, the seat was comfortable, I worked on my computer (spun out the battery time) and watched a film. As you said, let's remain real!!
Old Mar 8, 2015, 3:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by morges1
I doubt that anyone on the Board would disagree with you. I had a 2 sec bout of disappointment when I saw it was BNLZ, since I wanted to work on my computer and watch a film. But, guess what, the seat was comfortable, I worked on my computer (spun out the battery time) and watched a film. As you said, let's remain real!!
.......and that's probably the way to finish this thread!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.