DYKWIAN

Old Mar 3, 15, 2:46 am
Original Poster

Location: Manchester but from Yorkshire better known as Gods country
Programs: BA Gold, , Sandals plat
Smile DYKWIAN

thought I would start a Do #### I am not

Thinking of changing my BAEC account name to not the real Paul Smith. I love the expression on the crews face when I walk into the F cabin and they realise it's not the fashion designer. On my last flight the CSD actually came up to me and said that they had be deliberating whether the real Paul Smith was on board today and then they had noticed I was travelling wife my wife so it couldn't been. A bit of stereo typing there fashion designer so he must be gay, well actually he's married too. Still settled down into 1A knowing just how unimportant I am
Old Mar 3, 15, 4:11 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, IHG Spire, former black Cineworld Unlimited, Tastecard
I have often be tempted to click on "Lord" in the title box when making a booking.....

Maybe something to raise with the therapist......
Old Mar 3, 15, 4:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by chris1979 View Post
I have often be tempted to click on "Lord" in the title box when making a booking.....

You seem to get the royal treatment anyway with SS and upgrades so perhaps no need?
Old Mar 3, 15, 4:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hertz pres circle, SPG Gold, hilton diamond
I once walked off a TG flight very quickly just behind the king of Tonga, straight into an official reception with lots of bowing. Cue me bowing, walking backwards, bowing, walking backwards, hasty exit stage left....
Old Mar 3, 15, 4:18 am

Programs: BA Silver
I once had a boarding card with Dame xxxxx (I'm male btw)
Old Mar 3, 15, 4:29 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, QR Insider, SQ Gold, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by chris1979 View Post

If one was to do this, what would actually happen? If you travel with nothing to check in, the first time your passport is checked, is at the gate.

Would a gate agent really turn someone away for it?
Old Mar 3, 15, 4:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hertz pres circle, SPG Gold, hilton diamond
Originally Posted by msm2000uk View Post
If one was to do this, what would actually happen? If you travel with nothing to check in, the first time your passport is checked, is at the gate.

No. BMI had some great options back in the day. I regularly travelled as a Viscount and (I think it was something like) a Flight Marshal. Stopped picking anything flight related in case there was an inflight emergency and they rushed to me for help...
Old Mar 3, 15, 4:50 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by PJSMITH0 View Post
A bit of stereo typing there fashion designer so he must be gay, well actually he's married too.
Just in case she is on FT too, I can assure you that Sir Paul has been with Lady Pauline for nearly 50 years. They married on the same day he got his knighthood. He's sometimes in CCR, often in his store below, difficult to avoid since he's something like 6ft 5 inches tall.

I'm merely famous for being on FT, which is worse than being famous for being famous I feel! I'm sometimes referred to on board as Mr CWS.
Old Mar 3, 15, 5:17 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, IHG Spire, former black Cineworld Unlimited, Tastecard
Originally Posted by KARFA View Post
You seem to get the royal treatment anyway with SS and upgrades so perhaps no need?
I know. But rather than feeling royal, I sometimes wonder what it's like to be just Lord Chris1979.

Originally Posted by msm2000uk View Post

I don't think title is part of ID. And passports aren't updated that often. So as long as first name and last name match, I don't think Dr or Lord or whatever makes a difference so I don't think they would / could turn anyone away.

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
I'm merely famous for being on FT, which is worse than being famous for being famous I feel! I'm sometimes referred to on board as Mr CWS.
MR CWS???

Last edited by chris1979; Mar 3, 15 at 5:35 am
Old Mar 3, 15, 5:23 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Famous for being on FT!
Old Mar 3, 15, 5:34 am

I have the same name as an infamous murderer. Never been selected for an OPUP. Perhaps that explains why....
Old Mar 3, 15, 6:02 am

Programs: BAEC
Dr Crippen? (at least they'd call you "Doctor")!
Old Mar 3, 15, 6:31 am
Original Poster

Location: Manchester but from Yorkshire better known as Gods country
Programs: BA Gold, , Sandals plat
Just in case she is on FT too, I can assure you that Sir Paul has been with Lady Pauline for nearly 50 years. They married on the same day he got his knighthood. He's sometimes in CCR, often in his store below, difficult to avoid since he's something like 6ft 5 inches tall.

It dosent help that I am 6' 6" yo slightly younger and a bit heavier hence although I do like his clothes I am really limited to shoes. I usually get the we've have got nothing to fit you look. In fact they were so horrid in Verscace that they rushed me out of there store and pointed me to the big man shops
Old Mar 3, 15, 6:39 am

Programs: BAEC Solid Gold Dancer
Back when there was a Northwest I had a FF account with them under the name of Lord "SCSA"

Never once got an upgrade out of it
Old Mar 3, 15, 7:09 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, QR Insider, SQ Gold, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
I'm merely famous for being on FT, which is worse than being famous for being famous I feel.
Not long until we see you in the Big Brother House or in the Jungle I suppose then!

Search this Thread