Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

LHR - AGP - CE Fare booked via IB stopping in Madrid - Tier Point question

Old Mar 2, 15, 9:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold

Am I correct in thinking that if I book an Iberia return via Heathrow connecting in Madrid (the MAD - LHR sectors are often on BA) I will earn 160 TP for the round trip (as opposed to 80 on a direct flight from GTW or LCY)? THere are some great fares at 259 return showing in ITAmatrix for the Iberia bookings.

I'm looking for that number at start of my EC year in October before my HNL run in Nov, and was considering a run to Malta or Marrakesh but since we have a holiday home in Costa del Sol and stuff to do there, it would make more sense to do the above.. the extra bonus is I go in and out of T5 instead of having to schlep to Gatwick...

Look forward to your thoughts
Old Mar 2, 15, 9:35 am

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
If your LHR-MAD flight has different flight number to your MAD-AGP flight, then it is two sets of Tier Points. If both segments are in Business, then it will be 160Tier Points.

The connection will generally be easier if the you fly LHR-MAD on IB. This is because IB flights generally use T4 in MAD for both flights, where a BA flight will use T4S in MAD which means using central immigration, clearing security and taking the shuttle between Terminals.

If you arrive and leave from T4, you clear immigration at the gate (great news if you are in Business) and there is no need to clear security at T4.
Old Mar 2, 15, 9:37 am

Programs: BAEC
LON-MAD is 40TPs each way in Club, so a return is 80TP to MAD. MAD-AGP is 20TP each way in Business on IB. So, a LON-MAD-AGP return in Business/CE will give you 120TP (40+20+20+40).

A direct LON-AGP is also 40 TP each way in Club.

You can check the rates here: http://www.britishairways.com/travel...r/public/en_gb
Old Mar 2, 15, 9:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Ah - thanks .. that makes sense shefgab. It's still worth flying out of LHR for me rather than LCY or GTW so I think I will book. Cheers.
Old Mar 2, 15, 10:04 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by CaroFos View Post
Ah - thanks .. that makes sense shefgab. It's still worth flying out of LHR for me rather than LCY or GTW so I think I will book. Cheers.
There is no difference in TP if you fly from LHR, LCY or LGW (GTW is the National Rail designator!). Better lounges and generally a little more expensive from LHR than LGW.

Search this Thread