FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   HBO fares - Have to pay to select seat in advance [free for GCH/SCH/BCHs @ 14 Jun 17] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1659529-hbo-fares-have-pay-select-seat-advance-free-gch-sch-bchs-14-jun-17-a.html)

Gaza Mar 2, 2015 5:19 am

HBO fares - Have to pay to select seat in advance [free for GCH/SCH/BCHs @ 14 Jun 17]

We would like to advise you of the following change to our Hand Baggage Only (HBO) fare.

Please note that for bookings made from 26 March 2015 British Airways will allocate a seat for all customers booking an HBO low fare on a short haul flight with us.

When travelling on these great value fares, your seat will be allocated when check-in opens. Should you wish to change your seat you can pay to do so at that time or alternatively pay to reserve a seat when you book your flight. If you are travelling with an infant on an HBO fare your seat will continue to be allocated at the time of booking. The changes apply to all Executive Club Members booking HBO fares. For all other fares, Bronze Members can continue to select their seat for free 7 days before departure and Silver and Gold Members at the time of booking for free.
BA are sounding more like easyJet or Ryanair every day. The race to the bottom continues!

paul4040 Mar 2, 2015 5:20 am

Playing "Me Too" with the LCCs

I don't quite understand this. Are they trying to spread HBO passengers throughout the cabin to try to minimise overhead bin conflicts? Hmm.

francismc Mar 2, 2015 5:23 am

Playing "Me Too" with the LCCs

Just received this email also and looks like a further devaluation for all Executive Club members.

Not impressed at all

Polomarc Mar 2, 2015 5:23 am

Originally Posted by Gaza (Post 24439020)
BA are sounding more like easyJet or Ryanair every day. The race to the bottom continues!

And the LCC's are trying to improve their offers to attract the business Pax.
How will this end

Paralytic Mar 2, 2015 5:24 am

I can see this being a lively topic...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...2012.22.46.png

TGflyergirl Mar 2, 2015 5:28 am

Can we please relax ? Clearly it's their April Fool's day joke accidentally released early.

Gaza Mar 2, 2015 5:31 am

Originally Posted by Polomarc (Post 24439038)
And the LCC's are trying to improve their offers to attract the business Pax.
How will this end

Indeed. As an easyJet Plus card holder I get unlimited seat reservations (including exit and row 1) and from mid-March I'm now going to be permitted 1 small laptop bag in addition to my carry-on.

I've also just been invited to the trial of their 'loyalty' scheme. While it has no free flight benefits there is a dedicated support unit and it does have interesting benefits such as being able to make make unlimited changes to flights and not incurring the £35 admin fee.

MPH1980 Mar 2, 2015 5:31 am

So much for all the changes announced at once!

ba_cityflyer Mar 2, 2015 5:31 am

Oh dear. Just when I thought they couldn't enhance away any more :td::td::td::mad::mad::mad:

Paralytic Mar 2, 2015 5:32 am

I know BA is renowned for being disingenuous in its emails, but this really takes the biscuit. If we distill this down, what is the actual change here?

And the main thing - the removal of free seat selection for Bronze, Silver and Golds.

It doesn't impact me (I've never booked a HBO fare) but BA should be embarrassed trying to paint this as a positive.

secretplantofightinflation Mar 2, 2015 5:33 am

Yay another enhancement :)

travelwithross Mar 2, 2015 5:36 am

Disgusting.
This may be the last straw for me. I've had enough of this.
Time to use up my avios and move to QR or Etihad seeing as most of my flying will now be in/out of AUH or DXB.

CocoPops Mar 2, 2015 5:37 am

This really is carp!

What an "enhancement"!

South London Bon Viveur Mar 2, 2015 5:38 am

If it resulted in less crowded overhead bins then I would almost welcome it, but it won't because most of us will still only travel with hand luggage where possible because it's easier and BA are incompetent when it comes to checked luggage. I might just try an HBO fare after 26 March to see how sh*t my allocated seat is.

BlackBerryAddict Mar 2, 2015 5:38 am

THis is bl**dy annoying. Effectively means paying 15-35 per flight for a seat assignment.