Terminal 3 lounge options

Old Dec 2, 2017, 6:12 am

Programs: BA Avios
Question Terminal 3 Lounge Question?

I am sure there is an answer somewhere here but I haven't found it so I have a question that should require a quick/simple answer:

I will be travelling thru LHR and will have an long layover onward for flight to VIE from Terminal 3. Will be flying First Class. Would I be able to use the Cathay Pacific Lounge or just the BA Galleries Lounge?

Thank you in advance to anyone who responds.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 6:21 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
BA don't have a First service to VIE, just a Club Europe service, so I presume it's on the longhaul? In which case it would need to be a BA or other oneworld airline. But if it is, then you can use BA First, Cathay First, Qantas (no First section, but it's brand new) and AA Flagship, as well as their business class equivalents.

More information is available in the Lounge Eligibility thread in the Dashboard and also this recent thread:
Terminal 3 lounge options
Old Dec 2, 2017, 6:22 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ddschur
I am sure there is an answer somewhere here but I haven't found it so I have a question that should require a quick/simple answer:

I will be travelling thru LHR and will have an long layover onward for flight to VIE from Terminal 3. Will be flying First Class. Would I be able to use the Cathay Pacific Lounge or just the BA Galleries Lounge?

Thank you in advance to anyone who responds.
So just to check you are arriving at LHR in F on a oneworld operated & markedted flight then departing from T3 on BA to VIE? In which case you can use any of the F lounges in T3 (BA/CX/AA) or te QF lounge. Just keep hold of your F inbound bp as you would need to show that when accessing the F loungess.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 6:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Nandos
Hi all.
Flying in economy on 23rd from terminal 3 long haul.
I’m silver with BA - does that allow me in to any lounges?
if so, is it possible to get more than 1 guest in?
thanks!
Old Dec 2, 2017, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by TPRun
Hi all.
Flying in economy on 23rd from terminal 3 long haul.
I’m silver with BA - does that allow me in to any lounges?
if so, is it possible to get more than 1 guest in?
thanks!
Hi,
Yes. You will have access to all the OW business lounges ( BA, Cathay, AA and the new Qantas lounge)

You will not br able to bring more than 1 guest in

Regards

TBS
TPRun likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 9:25 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Thread merge has been performed to keep the topic in one place in case some valuable bits of info go astray.

LTN Phobia*
Moderator: BA forum

*Yes I am genuinely afraid of "that place"
Old Dec 2, 2017, 3:20 pm

Serves me right for ignoring this thread as I thought it was same old same old. As a silver the threads seem to suggest Qantas is better for our level.

Headed for the CX lounge and noticed the Quantas lounge as I went past. Mrs mentioned it but I said CX is the one to go to as I had not read the latest.

However having said that we had a great breakfast and few hours in the lounge as our HEL flight was delayed. Be interesting to see if the seated dining makes a big difference I'm glad she liked it and said it was better than any BA lounge she had been in because at HEL she was not impressed with the dash to get the TLL flight (which they did thankfully delay so we made the connection - My life may have ended otherwise - Especially as I mentioned BA did a direct flight) Maybe I'll try it next time to compare but I still really like the self serve at the CX lounge for breakfast.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 3:42 pm

Programs: BAEC / Hilton Honors / Accor
Looks as though we are spoilt for choice in T3 for lounge options. I haven't flown from T3 for quite a while now, so with my next CE flight departing T3 fast approaching, I was wondering which is the better lounge for breakfast. I'll be arriving for about 8.30am -9am.
TPRun likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 3:54 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by 1HourPhoto
Looks as though we are spoilt for choice in T3 for lounge options. I haven't flown from T3 for quite a while now, so with my next CE flight departing T3 fast approaching, I was wondering which is the better lounge for breakfast. I'll be arriving for about 8.30am -9am.
Gold/First: Probably Cathay is the best overall, or perhaps BA depending on what precise breakfast items you want. Cathay is waiter led, BA is buffet and order menu. If you want an American style breakfasts then Flagship may be better. Silver/CE: Qantas probably or perhaps Cathay (more Asian options). You can go to more than one lounge. Cathay's morning flight leaves at 11:20 so it can be busy 09:30 to 10:30 but quiet before and after. Qantas has a midday flight.
dylanks, squawk and 1HourPhoto like this.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 4:44 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold/ All the AMEX Plat things
Originally Posted by Firipu
Who's going to be the first one to do a "Trip Report" on lounge hopping / lounge crawl around T3?
I’m BA Gold and have PriorityPass with Amex Plat. I have a 8 hour layover in T3 soon and was planing to visit London for a few hours, now it seems a lounge hop/crawl could be on the cards! 😦
Old Dec 2, 2017, 5:09 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by 1HourPhoto
Qantas only serve the plated breakfast from 9.39am and the choice is limited. The other options are fruit, yoghurts, pastries etc before this time. They do do a very good strong coffee.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 5:11 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Finavia
I’m BA Gold and have PriorityPass with Amex Plat. I have a 8 hour layover in T3 soon and was planing to visit London for a few hours, now it seems a lounge hop/crawl could be on the cards! 😦
In theory you could visit 6 different lounges (9 if you see business/first as separate lounges.) Personally I would look to pop into a couple but think it depends on what you like food wise as to where is best.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 6:18 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold/ All the AMEX Plat things
Originally Posted by madfish
In theory you could visit 6 different lounges (9 if you see business/first as separate lounges.) Personally I would look to pop into a couple but think it depends on what you like food wise as to where is best.
How about the PP arrival lounges dotted around the place? Wouldn’t that take it up to 12??
Old Dec 2, 2017, 11:36 pm

Programs: BAEC / Hilton Honors / Accor
Originally Posted by madfish
Qantas only serve the plated breakfast from 9.39am and the choice is limited. The other options are fruit, yoghurts, pastries etc before this time. They do do a very good strong coffee.
Ah yes I did notice someone commented on the HfP blog about the timing of the hot breakfast in QF. I'll most likely use CX for breakfast and then nip into QF for a coffee and a quick nosy around.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 4:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, IHG Platinum
Just uploaded my review of the new QF lounge to YouTube for those who are interested:

TPRun likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.