Terminal 3 lounge options

Old Sep 28, 2017, 5:01 am

Originally Posted by clarkeysntfc
We'll be flying out on the 9.15am MIA departure in CW. Does anyone have any pointers on which lounge is best for brekkie?
CX Business lounge has full fry-up buffet on offer. By far the best.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 12:45 pm

Programs: BA Oneworld
Originally Posted by Frequent flyer 101
CX Business lounge has full fry-up buffet on offer. By far the best.
​​​​​​So there is a buffet? What a relief! I was worried it was only a table order service set up and that would put us without time to eat before our very early flght.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 1:10 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by BrianWBrazil
​​​​​​So there is a buffet? What a relief! I was worried it was only a table order service set up and that would put us without time to eat before our very early flght.
CX First is only table order apart from a few things in the fridge, CX Business is only buffet (plus the noodle options) but fairly comprehensive. BA First and AA Flagship is both buffet and table order, BA Club and Admirals is buffet only (though for breakfast more limited in both cases on the hot options compared to CX).
Old Sep 28, 2017, 2:26 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Bronze, Hilton Diamond, Virgin Flying Club Red
Splendid - CX lounge it is!
Old Sep 29, 2017, 1:43 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
BA Club and Admirals is buffet only (though for breakfast more limited in both cases on the hot options compared to CX).
This is not clear, and I'd not call the BA Club one a buffet in any way. It's a continental breakfast (pastries) selection with hot bacon, and I think hot egg rolls (I wouldn't call them rolls either).

AA is at least a buffet in a traditional sense, there's scrambled eggs, sausages and perhaps a few other things (I didn't look, but I did note at the time, when the CX lounge was closed, that it would be my choice for breakfast when Club/Silver). So I'd call that a buffet.

But it sounds that since the CX lounge has opened, then it is all moot...

There is a feeling here that BA is always better than AA in lounges. Certainly in the US, but in this case, AA is significantly better than BA, at least on breakfast.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 1:51 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Smid
This is not clear, and I'd not call the BA Club one a buffet in any way. It's a continental breakfast (pastries) selection with hot bacon, and I think hot egg rolls (I wouldn't call them rolls either).
A buffet to me is a range of items for self service, "hot buffet" would be another matter! In addition to pastries, there is yoghurt, fresh fruit, cereals, muesli, granola, sliced fruit pieces (grapefruit), porridge, bread rolls, sliced meat, sliced cheese. The second roll item is the vegetarian option and it's usually mushroom based. AA indeed has a few more hot items (including crispy bacon and grits to add to your list) but fewer cold items. Depending on what you want, Admirals may indeed be a better option, but you need to take into account the AA departure times, so for example in the run up to the early ORD flight it can be heaving in there.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 1:55 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
A buffet to me is a range of items for self service, "hot buffet" would be another matter! In addition to pastries, there is yoghurt, fresh fruit, cereals, muesli, granola, sliced fruit pieces (grapefruit), porridge, bread rolls, sliced meat, sliced cheese. The second roll item is the vegetarian option and it's usually mushroom based. AA indeed has a few more hot items (including crispy bacon and grits to add to your list) but fewer cold items. Depending on what you want, Admirals may indeed be a better option, but you need to take into account the AA departure times, so for example in the run up to the early ORD flight it can be heaving in there.
Oh god, I didn't realise they had "grits". That would be enough to make me eat out the bins at Pret instead (especially given how unimpressed I am with BA Club offering myself).

That detailed list up there is a pretty much what I'd term a continental breakfast, though the selection does some to vary wild between an american version, a european version, and a british version...
Old Sep 29, 2017, 2:13 am

Location: 15 minutes west of LHR, Stockholm, or somewhere inbetween.
Programs: BAEC Gold GGL, CCR, GfL, Mucci des Recherches des Consommations Exotiques.
My favorite breakfast at T3 is what I refer to as the 'full chinese', though it is referred to on the menu as 'the eastern set', in the CX First Class Lounge.

I'm not fond of the 'pork bun' you get in the dim sum basket, so I ask for a few more dim sum instead.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 2:19 am

Originally Posted by BrianWBrazil
Plus you can easily sneak 5 sausages on your plate without having to face the judgement of your server
Old Sep 29, 2017, 2:24 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by bjorns
My favorite breakfast at T3 is what I refer to as the 'full chinese', though it is referred to on the menu as 'the eastern set', in the CX First Class Lounge.

I'm not fond of the 'pork bun' you get in the dim sum basket, so I ask for a few more dim sum instead.
Full Cantonese, surely?
Old Sep 29, 2017, 2:35 am

Location: 15 minutes west of LHR, Stockholm, or somewhere inbetween.
Programs: BAEC Gold GGL, CCR, GfL, Mucci des Recherches des Consommations Exotiques.
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Full Cantonese, surely?
I stand corrected.

But then, I'm just an ignorant laowai.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 4:48 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC
BA sent me their "How was your T3 lounge experience" text survey on Thursday morning. It didn't give an option to say I had used a non-BA lounge, so I said I used Galleries First, gave it the lowest score and in comments said I used CX because I didn't think much of the BA lounges.

I didn't expect the call just before we hit V1 on the north runway. At that time of the morning, probably the wife so answered - it was BA, about to ask me questions. Upon telling them that I was mid take-off and should probably not have answered (or have phone on!) they said "just wanted to tell you to use the CX lounge from now on". A bit defeatist, but I guess pragmatic!
Old Oct 2, 2017, 4:49 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC
By the way, here's the QF lounge as of THursday morning:
Attached Images  
Old Oct 2, 2017, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by TheJayHatch
By the way, here's the QF lounge as of THursday morning:
Looks better than the BA Lounge already
VFRonTop likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 8:27 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
We will be flying from T3 in May and I will miss my cocktails in the CCR. I have read that they do cocktails in the CX F lounge in T3, but the menus I have seen don't list anything much. Does anyone have a current list of cocktails in the CX F lounge in T3?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.