Terminal 3 lounge options

Old May 4, 2017, 10:17 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
If you do need fast wifi AA is the place to go:

Other than that, CX F lounge is best of the three.
Old May 4, 2017, 11:22 am
Suspended

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hyatt Plat, Amex Plat.
I have no experience of these lounges in T3. Are OWE guest rules applied as rigidly as at T5 where I would never even bother to ask (travelling with cost centers next week).
Old May 4, 2017, 11:26 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Purim
I have no experience of these lounges in T3. Are OWE guest rules applied as rigidly as at T5 where I would never even bother to ask (travelling with cost centers next week).
Less rigidly, particularly if your cost centres are adorable, as I'm sure they are, and I suspect again you should start at Cathay.
Old May 4, 2017, 11:39 am
Suspended

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hyatt Plat, Amex Plat.
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Less rigidly, particularly if your cost centres are adorable, as I'm sure they are, and I suspect again you should start at Cathay.
Thanks. Like many fathers, I am blessed to have cost centers that resemble their mother.
Old May 4, 2017, 12:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I am travelling with my husband and father (both blue) at the end of the month. Will I be able to guest hubbie into the BA first lounge, leave him there and then guest my dad into the Cathay lounge? Presumably BA and CX systems don't talk to each other so I wouldn't fall foul of the one guest rule?
Old May 4, 2017, 12:34 pm

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Originally Posted by britenbsas
I am travelling with my husband and father (both blue) at the end of the month. Will I be able to guest hubbie into the BA first lounge, leave him there and then guest my dad into the Cathay lounge? Presumably BA and CX systems don't talk to each other so I wouldn't fall foul of the one guest rule?
It is indeed possible though somewhat outside the spirit of the way things are intended.
Old May 4, 2017, 12:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite Plus
Originally Posted by dylanks
It is indeed possible though somewhat outside the spirit of the way things are intended.
...not that you should, but you can pile up guests to the same lounge as well...
I've done this once - but that time I thought it was legit. I had two friends fly through LHR the same day I had a 14 hour connection. First guest was with me for a few hours, then the next one - 4-5 hours later - for another few hours. I didn't feel bad about that.
Old May 4, 2017, 12:44 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Which cabin are you travelling in?
Old May 4, 2017, 12:52 pm

Programs: VS FC Gold, BA EC Gold, Amex Centurion, EK Gold, ex-G-ATVK driver
The CX F is definitely my favourite for dining, one of the best dining experiences of any lounge anywhere, including the CCR. However, that bar is pretty low, I've yet to set foot in an airline lounge where I would willingly pay for the privilege of dining as I would in a normal restaurant.

The asparagus on the CX F lounge menu at the moment is especially good, properly blanched and still crunchy, not at all your overcooked wilting nonsense, so someone in the kitchen definitely cares which is more than can be said for most lounges. The burger is OK, but if the "truffle chips" served with it had seen any truffle, I'm a monkey's uncle, and they weren't seasoned either.

The CX J lounge has a proper bar with stools, an ambience I think I would prefer if in an imbibing mood, and they'll mix you a cocktail, although I've yet to experience it myself in that lounge: sometimes cocktail mixing in an airline like lounge is a bit of a journey into the unknown, as I have found to my cost in the Malaysian F lounge in T4. If it's any gauge, the CX Wing F and particularly Pier F lounges in HKG definitely know how to mix a decent cocktail.

Last edited by Howard Long; May 4, 2017 at 1:08 pm
Old May 4, 2017, 12:55 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Which cabin are you travelling in?
Y unfortunately
Old May 4, 2017, 12:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite Plus
Originally Posted by Howard Long
I've yet to set foot in an airline lounge where I would willingly pay for the privilege of dining as I would in a normal restaurant.
Out of curiosity, is this at LHR or anywhere?

CDG AF F
SYD QF F
FRA LH FCT/FCL

Happy to pay a reasonable amount for the food served in those places.
At LHR, no way jose.
Old May 4, 2017, 12:59 pm

Y unfortunately
Indeed unfortunate. If at least one of you was in business then I'd advise turning up together at CX and I'd be fairly sure you would all be OK for First, in any case the Business lounge is a very good option there.
Old May 4, 2017, 1:02 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Do we have a copy of the CX F lounge breakfast menu anywhere?
Old May 4, 2017, 1:15 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
Originally Posted by KARFA
Yep. If travelling in J from T3 you can visit one or all of the BA/CX/AY J lounges. No guests though.
lol

last month me and daughter one went to CX for some dimsum, whilst wife and child 2 stayed in GC :-)
Old May 4, 2017, 2:10 pm
DUT

Programs: MVPG
Question:

We are arriving BA F from Seattle and connecting same day to Prague BA CE @ T3. We are traveling on Alaska Air awards tickets.

Will we be able to access CX F Lounge?

I ask because we did the same a couple years ago and we were only allowed access to the old J Lounge (before remodel). Agent did not allow us access to First Lounge even though we arrived on BA F. I'm assuming this was a one off and we should be allowed access... Any recent F access denial experiences?

now, all I need to do is decide if I want to use BA Arrivals Lounge or use flight connections and head straight to CX ft shower, etc....

Thanks all...DUT

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.