Search

Quick LCY question...

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2015, 5:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Quick LCY question...

Hi All,

Flying back home to DUB on Thursday's BA4462 and this will be my first LCY experience. If I understand correctly, there is no BA lounge so as I will be looking for breakfast somewhere what are the recommendations and advice about when to arrive, where to eat etc....?

Thanks in advance!
Old Feb 24, 2015, 5:55 pm

Programs: DL-Gold; BAEC-Newbie Silver
Plenty of usual coffee shops etc. to have some breakfast/ coffee. Nothing really stands out. Some at the entrance and at airside. With regards to check-in, I never bother turning up more than hour max (usually 40mins or less, but again I don't have breakfast). Not much to see/ do/ space to hang out, especially on weekdays.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 10:06 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Quick LCY question...

LCY is a quick efficient airport. I've personally never had any issues at security or otherwise though there have been reports of long queues in the past.

I'd second the comment not to arrive too early - it can get very busy during morning rush hour. I've often arrived and my gate opened / started boarding 5 mins later (there's usually a hold / wait at the gate so this isn't cutting it too fine (I always prefer having a bit of time to rushing (which is why I'm on way to LHR right now and will have 75 mins there before flight)).

Flew out of LCY on Monday and got there a bit earlier than usual and the wait was borderline annoying as it was very packed.

Enjoy your flight.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 12:18 am

You'll be served breakfast on the flight, so do you want an additional one before you board as well?
Old Feb 25, 2015, 12:38 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Airside you have 4 options.

1) Rhubarb - they are just after security and aren't as well placed as the City Brasseries, but a bit cheaper. There breakfast options are:

Breakfast Pastries 7.25
A selection of mini croissant, brioche, Danish pastries & muffins served with butter and jam

Breakfast Brűlée 8.95
Creamy Greek yoghurt layered with malted granola, poached plums, orange blossom honey, crunchy organic seeds and nuts, served with a shot of apple, blackberry and goji berry smoothie

Eggs and toast 7.25
Two poached free range eggs, wholemeal toast and butter and a side order of Heinz baked beans

Bacon or sausage roll 7.95
A bacon and tomato or Cumberland sausage roll served with a shot of spicy Virgin Mary

English Breakfast 12.95
Traditional cooked British breakfast with poached free range eggs, Cumberland sausage, dry cured bacon, mushroom, Heinz baked beans, and toast and marmalade Vegetarian option also available

Eggs Benedict 9.75
Two poached eggs on a toasted muffin with York ham and hollandaise

Eggs Royale 10.95
Two poached eggs on a toasted muffin with smoked salmon and hollandaise
2) The City Bar and Grill, right by the apron.

3) Caffč Nero

Usual high street offering and prices, hot food is around paninis but they also do porridge pots.

4) Grazing from Boots and WH Smith - sandwiches and the like.

Landside there is a large Pręt a Manger landside.

If flying in CE on or before 09:30 hrs you should get a full English breakfast like this. The CityFlyer CE breakfast is slightly different to the LGW and LHR versions.

Old Feb 25, 2015, 2:05 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, CX MPC Gold, Avis preferred plus, MyWaitrose card
Don't forget the Costa coffee at the DLR station
Old Feb 25, 2015, 3:15 am

I did get to LCY once and had to wait 40minutes to pass security, which is a rare occasion but it does happen.

A colleague of mine did say that if your fly is T-15min that the security will let you cut the queue on occasion.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 3:24 am

Cross posted in error

But on the subject, I'd pick the City Grill over Rhubarb (it's pretty pricey though), but the CE breakfast is pretty good, much better than LHR.

Last edited by Kgmm77; Feb 25, 2015 at 3:29 am
Old Feb 25, 2015, 3:24 am

Rhubarb would be the recommendation. If you are looking to go there then I would be at the airport 90 mins before just so you are not rushing. ^
Old Feb 25, 2015, 3:36 am

Programs: BAEC
Don't know the time of that flight, but did the OP (great screenname) say he/she was flying CE? Even in CE on that route I've had less than a "full English", and in ET you could get anything from a bacon roll to a cup of coffee and biscuit.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 5:54 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
There is also Panopolis, does sandwiches and small salads and drinks. Useful if you have little, or an uncertain amount of, time to eat.

(Unless it's gone recently...)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.