Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge access Edinburgh

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2015, 6:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold IHG Ambassador Spire Shangri La Diamond
Lounge access Edinburgh

Quick query, I thought I knew the answer to this, but someone is saying different..............

A silver card holder is travelling on a Qatar air flight from Edinburgh to Doha in Business Class. It is on a Qatar Air flight number and his BA Exec Club number is on the booking

Can he use the BA lounge at Edi or does he have to use the generic traveller lounge in Edinburgh that Qatar are currently using (and is further from the boarding gates)?

(fingers crossing I am right so I can claim my small bet)
Old Feb 25, 2015, 6:49 am

You should be able to access the BA lounge.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 6:51 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
I used the BA lounge when I flew QR to DOH middle of last year with no problem. The only thing that the Lounge Guardian warned me of was that the QR flight is not displayed on the Departure Screens in the lounge but that QR staff are usually good at calling the lounge to inform any of their pax that boarding has began. And as one of the Menzies check in staff informed me that the sandwiches are better in the BA Lounge

How much was the bet??

Safe & Happy travels

S
Old Feb 25, 2015, 6:57 am
Original Poster

I should have had a much higher bet I should be more confident when setting the wager - it was a slice of chocolate fudge cake from the rather good home bake shop next door ......... but I look forward to them watching me scoff it later on today.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 7:00 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Enjoy the cake....

S
Old Feb 25, 2015, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anyone know why QR opted not to use the BA lounge? Capacity problems?
Old Feb 25, 2015, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by Calchas
Anyone know why QR opted not to use the BA lounge? Capacity problems?
Em? They DO use the BA lounge at EDI...

EDIT: I was wrong...

Last edited by Calum; Feb 25, 2015 at 9:10 am
Old Feb 25, 2015, 8:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Calum
Yes but not for One world non status business passengers, they are sent to the old BA lounge now existing under another name - No 1 Traveller (and occupied last time by some interesting holidaymakers who had paid for access and were encouraging their companions to "Get stuck intae the free bevvy go on get yer monies worth hen")

(translations are available)
Old Feb 25, 2015, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Erm, I thought that they DIDN'T hence the purpose of this thread...

Old Feb 25, 2015, 8:46 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.

They don't. Their passengers use the third party lounge, which is naff except for the fact the fridge is full of Britvic pineapple juice.

The OP wants to gain access by virtue of OneWorld rules, not because Qatar "use the BA lounge". There's a difference.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by paul4040
They don't. Their passengers use the third party lounge, which is naff except for the fact the fridge is full of Britvic pineapple juice.

The OP wants to gain access by virtue of OneWorld rules, not because Qatar "use the BA lounge". There's a difference.
I see where my mistake was made, I've been in the lounge just before a QR flight and noticted a lot of people being on the QR flight rather then the BA flights. They all must of been status pax's then.

Originally Posted by thegreatmrsj
Yes but not for One world non status business passengers, they are sent to the old BA lounge now existing under another name - No 1 Traveller (and occupied last time by some interesting holidaymakers who had paid for access and were encouraging their companions to "Get stuck intae the free bevvy go on get yer monies worth hen")

(translations are available)
Scottish people at their best

Originally Posted by Calchas
Erm, I thought that they DIDN'T hence the purpose of this thread...

My mistake
Old Feb 25, 2015, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I see where my mistake was made, I've been in the lounge just before a QR flight and noticted a lot of people being on the QR flight rather then the BA flights. They all must of been status pax's then.
No worries. In "principle" a oneworld J pax can use any oneworld J lounge he can find, regardless of status. Whether BA lounge staff in EDI would agree is another matter. I believe US pax have been denied access to the BA EDI lounge in the past.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 9:47 am

Programs: BA - Silver, IHG Platinum, Flying Blue Silver
Scottish people at their best

You just stick to your Nutella

Yes every time I have been in the BA lounge a Qatar rep has come in and announced the flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.