Lounge access Edinburgh

Old Feb 25, 15, 7:42 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: North of the Highland line
Programs: BA Gold IHG Ambassador Spire Shangri La Diamond
Posts: 567
Lounge access Edinburgh

Quick query, I thought I knew the answer to this, but someone is saying different..............

A silver card holder is travelling on a Qatar air flight from Edinburgh to Doha in Business Class. It is on a Qatar Air flight number and his BA Exec Club number is on the booking

Can he use the BA lounge at Edi or does he have to use the generic traveller lounge in Edinburgh that Qatar are currently using (and is further from the boarding gates)?

(fingers crossing I am right so I can claim my small bet)
thegreatmrsj is offline  
Old Feb 25, 15, 7:49 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Scotland/Canada/HK
Programs: The 4am BP pitstop club
Posts: 2,177
You should be able to access the BA lounge.
Calum is offline  
Old Feb 25, 15, 7:51 am
  #3  
Moderator, Emirates
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Where My Heart Is
Programs: BAEC Silver, EK Blue
Posts: 2,837
I used the BA lounge when I flew QR to DOH middle of last year with no problem. The only thing that the Lounge Guardian warned me of was that the QR flight is not displayed on the Departure Screens in the lounge but that QR staff are usually good at calling the lounge to inform any of their pax that boarding has began. And as one of the Menzies check in staff informed me that the sandwiches are better in the BA Lounge

How much was the bet??

Safe & Happy travels

S
Saltire74 is offline  
Old Feb 25, 15, 7:57 am
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: North of the Highland line
Programs: BA Gold IHG Ambassador Spire Shangri La Diamond
Posts: 567
I should have had a much higher bet I should be more confident when setting the wager - it was a slice of chocolate fudge cake from the rather good home bake shop next door ......... but I look forward to them watching me scoff it later on today.
thegreatmrsj is offline  
Old Feb 25, 15, 8:00 am
  #5  
Moderator, Emirates
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Where My Heart Is
Programs: BAEC Silver, EK Blue
Posts: 2,837
Enjoy the cake....

S
Saltire74 is offline  
Old Feb 25, 15, 8:28 am
  #6  
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: London
Posts: 16,749
Anyone know why QR opted not to use the BA lounge? Capacity problems?
Calchas is offline  
Old Feb 25, 15, 8:40 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Scotland/Canada/HK
Programs: The 4am BP pitstop club
Posts: 2,177
Originally Posted by Calchas View Post
Anyone know why QR opted not to use the BA lounge? Capacity problems?
Em? They DO use the BA lounge at EDI...

EDIT: I was wrong...

Last edited by Calum; Feb 25, 15 at 10:10 am
Calum is offline  
Old Feb 25, 15, 9:03 am
  #8  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: North of the Highland line
Programs: BA Gold IHG Ambassador Spire Shangri La Diamond
Posts: 567
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
Em? They DO use the BA lounge at EDI...
Yes but not for One world non status business passengers, they are sent to the old BA lounge now existing under another name - No 1 Traveller (and occupied last time by some interesting holidaymakers who had paid for access and were encouraging their companions to "Get stuck intae the free bevvy go on get yer monies worth hen")

(translations are available)
thegreatmrsj is offline  
Old Feb 25, 15, 9:43 am
  #9  
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: London
Posts: 16,749
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
Em? They DO use the BA lounge at EDI...
Erm, I thought that they DIDN'T hence the purpose of this thread...

Calchas is offline  
Old Feb 25, 15, 9:46 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: UK
Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Posts: 5,695
Originally Posted by Calum View Post


Em? They DO use the BA lounge at EDI...
They don't. Their passengers use the third party lounge, which is naff except for the fact the fridge is full of Britvic pineapple juice.

The OP wants to gain access by virtue of OneWorld rules, not because Qatar "use the BA lounge". There's a difference.
paul4040 is offline  
Old Feb 25, 15, 10:05 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Scotland/Canada/HK
Programs: The 4am BP pitstop club
Posts: 2,177
Originally Posted by paul4040 View Post
They don't. Their passengers use the third party lounge, which is naff except for the fact the fridge is full of Britvic pineapple juice.

The OP wants to gain access by virtue of OneWorld rules, not because Qatar "use the BA lounge". There's a difference.
I see where my mistake was made, I've been in the lounge just before a QR flight and noticted a lot of people being on the QR flight rather then the BA flights. They all must of been status pax's then.

Originally Posted by thegreatmrsj View Post
Yes but not for One world non status business passengers, they are sent to the old BA lounge now existing under another name - No 1 Traveller (and occupied last time by some interesting holidaymakers who had paid for access and were encouraging their companions to "Get stuck intae the free bevvy go on get yer monies worth hen")

(translations are available)
Scottish people at their best

Originally Posted by Calchas View Post
Erm, I thought that they DIDN'T hence the purpose of this thread...

My mistake
Calum is offline  
Old Feb 25, 15, 10:20 am
  #12  
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: London
Posts: 16,749
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
I see where my mistake was made, I've been in the lounge just before a QR flight and noticted a lot of people being on the QR flight rather then the BA flights. They all must of been status pax's then.
No worries. In "principle" a oneworld J pax can use any oneworld J lounge he can find, regardless of status. Whether BA lounge staff in EDI would agree is another matter. I believe US pax have been denied access to the BA EDI lounge in the past.
Calchas is offline  
Old Feb 25, 15, 10:47 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Scotland
Programs: BA - Silver, IHG Platinum, Flying Blue Silver
Posts: 11
Originally Posted by Calum
Scottish people at their best

You just stick to your Nutella

Yes every time I have been in the BA lounge a Qatar rep has come in and announced the flight.
Gojoglobal is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread