New to Club World Question - Food

Old Feb 25, 15, 12:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: United Platinum
New to Club World Question - Food

I found the menus for CE, but can't find them for CW. Are they on FT somewhere? Can someone help with link?

Flying SFO-LHR 7:00 pm & LHR-SFO 2:05 pm in June/July.

Thank you!

Last edited by Kryssa; Feb 25, 15 at 12:56 am
Old Feb 25, 15, 5:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Kryssa View Post
I found the menus for CE, but can't find them for CW. Are they on FT somewhere? Can someone help with link?

Congrats on your first CW flight - I hope you enjoy it! BA doesn't publish menu details in advance for CW, unfortunately (just First, one month or so in advance on request). Some people post pictures of their BA menu experiences here: try entering SFO into the "Search This Thread" box to see if anyone has posted about your flight - although this would only give you a rough idea of what to expect as the menu changes from month to month... Alternatively, you could try posting at the start of June/July to see if anyone has already flown the menu rotation fdor your flights and can share them with you.

I think your post got a bit lost due to the time you posted this morning, so someone else will probably be along soon with a bit more information...!
Old Feb 25, 15, 6:03 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Originally Posted by Kryssa View Post

Thank you!
They don't publish menus, though as the pre-ordering food facility is rolled out you may find SFO gets added to the list of those destinations to which it's available. You would then see the exact menu in MMB at T-30 days.

Incidentally CE menus aren't published either. The examples in the Shorthaul Catering Guide thread are just that - examples of the sorts of things you can expect, not exact dishes; the food options are rotated regularly.

Have a good flight.
Old Feb 25, 15, 7:02 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
I can't imagine what I'm going to have for dinner tonight let alone start thinking about something in June or July
Old Feb 25, 15, 7:29 am

Programs: BAEC
Lets face it, the choice is going to be between 'beef', 'chicken' or 'fish' - with 2 dishes being hot and 1 being cold....
Old Feb 25, 15, 8:52 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by bafan View Post
Lets face it, the choice is going to be between 'beef', 'chicken' or 'fish' - with 2 dishes being hot and 1 being cold....
Don't forget there'll be some sort of cheesy pasta concoction too...!
Old Feb 25, 15, 10:56 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond
and a salad to go with the salad the meat eaters get...
Old Feb 25, 15, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Platinum
Thanks all. I know it might seem kind of silly thinking about what I'm going to eat in 4 months, but I am excited about CW. I have been an economy flyer my entire life and just a few months ago we took the leap in to business for the first time. Have since flown ANA and United business long haul
Old Feb 25, 15, 4:26 pm

Programs: Starbucks Rewards GOLD
Easy enough to figure out what you get in CW looks like.

Go to your nearest Tesco and look for the Tesco Value meals. That's what a CW meal looks and tastes like.

A couple of years ago it would have been more like "Tesco Finest" but all the penny pinching has taken its toll.
Old Feb 25, 15, 4:34 pm

Last edited by angatol; Mar 1, 15 at 1:38 am
Old Feb 25, 15, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by JustTheOne View Post
Congrats on your first CW flight - I hope you enjoy it! BA doesn't publish menu details in advance for CW, unfortunately (just First, one month or so in advance on request).
I am on my 'First BA First' in three weeks time, to Tokyo, and my wife and I are both quite fussy eaters.
It would be great to obtain copies of the menus in advance of the flights as you suggest.

How do we do this please ?
Old Feb 25, 15, 4:38 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by machotspur View Post
I am on my 'First BA First' in three weeks time, to Tokyo, and my wife and I are both quite fussy eaters.
It would be great to obtain copies of the menus in advance of the flights as you suggest.

Email you first.
Old Feb 25, 15, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by machotspur View Post

Hi,

If you contact You First they will be able to help you.

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...d=youfirstform

Regards

TBS
Old Feb 25, 15, 4:44 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by angatol View Post
My tip on BA is to go for fish and not meat. Normally I don't eat much fish but it always seems a lot harder to get wrong in the air compared to meat!
The two offerings in WTP from LHR to ORD on March 21 seem to be steak or Cumberland sausage. I suppose it will be harder to get the latter wrong!
Old Feb 27, 15, 9:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.2mm, Kimpton IC, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
Same two choices for LHR-SEA in March:

Seared fillet of British beef with smoked potato fondant, broccoli, carrots and a tellicherry black pepper sauce

Grilled Blythburgh free range Cumberland sausages, creamy mashed potatoes, roast butternut squash, green beans and a red wine and onion gravy

(Anyone have suggestions between the two?)

Search this Thread