FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   New to Club World Question - Food (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1657854-new-club-world-question-food.html)

Kryssa Feb 24, 2015 11:44 pm

New to Club World Question - Food

I found the menus for CE, but can't find them for CW. Are they on FT somewhere? Can someone help with link?

Flying SFO-LHR 7:00 pm & LHR-SFO 2:05 pm in June/July.

Thank you!

JustTheOne Feb 25, 2015 4:58 am

Originally Posted by Kryssa (Post 24410713)
I found the menus for CE, but can't find them for CW. Are they on FT somewhere? Can someone help with link?

Congrats on your first CW flight - I hope you enjoy it! BA doesn't publish menu details in advance for CW, unfortunately (just First, one month or so in advance on request). Some people post pictures of their BA menu experiences here: try entering SFO into the "Search This Thread" box to see if anyone has posted about your flight - although this would only give you a rough idea of what to expect as the menu changes from month to month... Alternatively, you could try posting at the start of June/July to see if anyone has already flown the menu rotation fdor your flights and can share them with you.

I think your post got a bit lost due to the time you posted this morning, so someone else will probably be along soon with a bit more information...!

paul4040 Feb 25, 2015 5:03 am

Originally Posted by Kryssa (Post 24410713)

Thank you!

They don't publish menus, though as the pre-ordering food facility is rolled out you may find SFO gets added to the list of those destinations to which it's available. You would then see the exact menu in MMB at T-30 days.

Incidentally CE menus aren't published either. The examples in the Shorthaul Catering Guide thread are just that - examples of the sorts of things you can expect, not exact dishes; the food options are rotated regularly.

Have a good flight. ^

golfmad Feb 25, 2015 6:02 am

I can't imagine what I'm going to have for dinner tonight let alone start thinking about something in June or July :D

bafan Feb 25, 2015 6:29 am

Lets face it, the choice is going to be between 'beef', 'chicken' or 'fish' - with 2 dishes being hot and 1 being cold....

JustTheOne Feb 25, 2015 7:52 am

Originally Posted by bafan (Post 24411797)
Lets face it, the choice is going to be between 'beef', 'chicken' or 'fish' - with 2 dishes being hot and 1 being cold....

Don't forget there'll be some sort of cheesy pasta concoction too...!

BHDATC Feb 25, 2015 9:56 am

and a salad to go with the salad the meat eaters get...

Kryssa Feb 25, 2015 11:33 am

Thanks all. I know it might seem kind of silly thinking about what I'm going to eat in 4 months, but I am excited about CW. I have been an economy flyer my entire life and just a few months ago we took the leap in to business for the first time. Have since flown ANA and United business long haul :)

mario Feb 25, 2015 3:26 pm

Easy enough to figure out what you get in CW looks like.

Go to your nearest Tesco and look for the Tesco Value meals. That's what a CW meal looks and tastes like.

A couple of years ago it would have been more like "Tesco Finest" but all the penny pinching has taken its toll.

angatol Feb 25, 2015 3:34 pm

machotspur Feb 25, 2015 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by JustTheOne (Post 24411493)
Congrats on your first CW flight - I hope you enjoy it! BA doesn't publish menu details in advance for CW, unfortunately (just First, one month or so in advance on request).

I am on my 'First BA First' in three weeks time, to Tokyo, and my wife and I are both quite fussy eaters.
It would be great to obtain copies of the menus in advance of the flights as you suggest.

How do we do this please ?

Jenzo Feb 25, 2015 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by machotspur (Post 24415144)
I am on my 'First BA First' in three weeks time, to Tokyo, and my wife and I are both quite fussy eaters.
It would be great to obtain copies of the menus in advance of the flights as you suggest.

Email you first.

The _Banking_Scot Feb 25, 2015 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by machotspur (Post 24415144)

Hi,

If you contact You First they will be able to help you.

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...d=youfirstform

Regards

TBS

MADPhil Feb 25, 2015 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by angatol (Post 24415129)
My tip on BA is to go for fish and not meat. Normally I don't eat much fish but it always seems a lot harder to get wrong in the air compared to meat!

The two offerings in WTP from LHR to ORD on March 21 seem to be steak or Cumberland sausage. I suppose it will be harder to get the latter wrong!

SJC AA Feb 27, 2015 8:36 pm

Same two choices for LHR-SEA in March:

Seared fillet of British beef with smoked potato fondant, broccoli, carrots and a tellicherry black pepper sauce

Grilled Blythburgh free range Cumberland sausages, creamy mashed potatoes, roast butternut squash, green beans and a red wine and onion gravy

(Anyone have suggestions between the two?)