Wiki Posts
Search

Hilliergram at the gate

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2015, 4:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GfL (GGL&CCR)
Hilliergram at the gate

Has anyone else started receiving messages at the gate when your boarding pass is scanned from Mr. Hillier thanking them for their loyalty etc...
Old Feb 23, 2015, 4:49 pm

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Originally Posted by Quin
Has anyone else started receiving messages at the gate when your boarding pass is scanned from Mr. Hillier thanking them for their loyalty etc...
No... Did this happen today?

I often receive text messages about surveys when my BP is scanned at a point in the airport (usually security or the lounge).

Is it a text/SMS?
Old Feb 23, 2015, 4:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GfL (GGL&CCR)
No it's the person checking the boarding pass who gets a message on iPad or screen and then reads it out loud, holding up the process further and eliciting raised eyebrows from people around
Old Feb 23, 2015, 4:59 pm

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
No it's the person checking the boarding pass who gets a message on iPad or screen and then reads it out loud, holding up the process further and eliciting raised eyebrows from people around
How embarrassing!
Old Feb 23, 2015, 10:37 pm

Programs: Mucci; BA, LT GGL; QF, platinum; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Yes, happened a few days ago - what a ridiculous new attempt at recognition. Hillier and his team really must commission a new PR company.

I know I have used a lot of avios up recently but only yesterday got a missive "If your current Avios balance doesn’t quite stretch to a reward flight or upgrade, purchasing Avios is a great way to boost your balance." I only have 1.4 million avios left! Also note they use Avios not avios!! Can't even get that right.

Dear James - the Hilliergrams are the biggest off-putting part of BAEC. Please follow BAEC FT rants on this topic!!
Old Feb 24, 2015, 12:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by morges1
what a ridiculous new attempt at recognition.
+1
Old Feb 24, 2015, 1:06 am

Programs: GGL, BA lifetime Gold, Many Hotel Sparkles
Last week, for the first time is as far as I can remember the purser popped back to check that I was okay, would I like anything and the crew staffing Euro traveller referred to me by name at all times.

I thought it was nice
Old Feb 24, 2015, 1:27 am

Originally Posted by BugAlugs
Last week, for the first time is as far as I can remember the purser popped back to check that I was okay, would I like anything and the crew staffing Euro traveller referred to me by name at all times.

I thought it was nice
I had this on LHR-LAX in Y recently - got a visit from CSM who was able to find me a lip balm from a CW amenity bag as I'd forgotten to pick some up from Boots - absolutely made my flight and not something I would have been cheeky enough to ask had the CSM not come visiting.

Back on topic though, I ordinarily dislike being 'recognised' when around other people as I just find it embarassing - I can't think of many worse places to do this than at the gate.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 1:53 am

How completely ham fisted.

Talk about 20 years out of date.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 2:12 am

Programs: BA BLUE BADGE
Whenever I get these "recognitions" I sympathise with the crew member. They don't want to do it, they don't know you and it all feels silly. I use to stop them as they started but that just made the situation more ridiculous. So it's a false polite smile whilst a false polite statement is made.

They should automate them as a Stephen Hawkins type voice so you can press the button as many times as you want if that's your thing. You could have them at security, in the lounge, at the gate and even as part of IFE if you want.

In that way you leave the rest of us alone to get on with the real world.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 2:17 am

Originally Posted by Lioneye
Whenever I get these "recognitions" I sympathise with the crew member. They don't want to do it, they don't know you and it all feels silly. I use to stop them as they started but that just made the situation more ridiculous. So it's a false polite smile whilst a false polite statement is made.

They should automate them as a Stephen Hawkins type voice so you can press the button as many times as you want if that's your thing. You could have them at security, in the lounge, at the gate and even as part of IFE if you want.

In that way you leave the rest of us alone to get on with the real world.
+1

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.