Complaints via BA.COM about recent flight

Old Feb 23, 15, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold GUF Thai Airways Royal Orchid
Complaints via BA.COM about recent flight

Is it possible to complain via my online exec account about a recent flight?
I was looking for a more efficient way that emailing direct or using the 'contact us' link
Old Feb 23, 15, 1:21 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, HHonors Gold, VS Red.
I can't see what is inefficient about using the Help & Contacts page webform, please enlighten me?
Old Feb 23, 15, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

The amount time they take to answer my complaints plus I feel as though it's a begging exercise rather that something that BA take seriously otherwise I wouldn't want to complain about the same petty issues time after time.
I don't complain to get some 'miles' rather I want the problems fixed.
I feel as though I am being paid very slow lip service
Old Feb 23, 15, 1:49 pm

Depending on the specifics, it might be something best done by phone... Call the Gold line and ask to speak to Customer Relations, at least that way you end up lodging the complaint with a named Individual. Can you give a bit more detail on the issues? Collective wisdom of Flyertalk may be able to assist with the best way forwards and a frank opinion on whether you are flogging a dead horse in regards to fixing things (sad to describe it this way, but its the truth.)
Old Feb 23, 15, 1:59 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Rather ask for advice here and call them. I logged a complaint via the online form last week (delays, shambolic boarding, rude Purser, fruit flies on aircraft) and got the most chopped up cut&paste answer back. The guy even tried to convince me that Frank van den Post is doing regular trips to ensure service excellence. Replied back advising to update templates, as van den Post is leaving/left this month...
Old Feb 23, 15, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by MrsBiggles View Post
Rather ask for advice here and call them. I logged a complaint via the online form last week (delays, shambolic boarding, rude Purser, fruit flies on aircraft) and got the most chopped up cut&paste answer back. The guy even tried to convince me that Frank van den Post is doing regular trips to ensure service excellence. Replied back advising to update templates, as van den Post is leaving/left this month...
Frank van der Post was certainly known for keeping his finger on the pulse and personally checking things were as they should be. Met him a couple of times, great to chat with and a Customer service perfectionist.
Old Feb 23, 15, 2:27 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by Nightbus to Dalson View Post
The amount time they take to answer my complaints plus I feel as though it's a begging exercise rather that something that BA take seriously otherwise I wouldn't want to complain about the same petty issues time after time.
Do you consider your complaints petty? If so, it's probably not worth your while complaining about them.
Old Feb 23, 15, 2:29 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Autocorrect can be a pain. Doesn't know 'der' apparently..

Good for you that you'd met him, Frank has left/is leaving BA this month: http://www.marketingmagazine.co.uk/a...r-post-departs

So he is keeping his fingers on things, for 4 more days.. (if he hasn't left yet)
Old Feb 23, 15, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by MrsBiggles View Post
Autocorrect can be a pain. Doesn't know 'der' apparently..

Good for you that you'd met him, Frank has left/is leaving BA this month: http://www.marketingmagazine.co.uk/a...r-post-departs

So he is keeping his fingers on things, for 4 more days.. (if he hasn't left yet)
There were whisperings of his departure for some time before it was confirmed to the public. A real loss to BA.
Old Feb 23, 15, 2:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
No matter the channel, it is routed through CRM software and is tagged with your status. Phone calls can be best used to resolve a problem which can be fixed. But, BA won't change its boarding process because of a call. On the other hand, if 15% of the passengers on your flight complain about the same thing, e.g. boarding issues, it all filters through the system and change might (I stress might) happen.

Cut and paste is the way of the world. Best way to send in a comment is to focus on the one thing which was important to you and make that comment no more than 2-3 declarative sentences. That way, the agent scanning these, who likely has 30-40 seconds to generate a stock response, can focus on something you consider important.

If you think it's "petty" it is definitionally "petty" and you should ignore it and BA will too!
Old Feb 24, 15, 1:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia View Post
Do you consider your complaints petty? If so, it's probably not worth your while complaining about them.
The way BA deal with my previous complaints lead me to believe that they are indeed petty.
I talk to crew who almost beg me to complain as 'they listen to people like you'.
I beg to differ.
I commute long haul & pay for every single flight, that's ok.
I don't get upgrades, that's ok.
What isn't ok is customer service & repeated issues that I find on nearly every long haul.
My last flight had avod go down (again) & was rebooted a number of times.
Debris on my tray table & food from a previous flight in various places (again)
Seat kept slipping from 'landing/takeoff' setting when getting ready to land.
This last issue was a repeat from a month ago when I was sat in the same seat.
I don't know if it was the same plane but it was the same route.
No first choice of meal (again)
I don't bother with complaints about the state of the showers in T5 or the lack of quality newspapers/mags in the lounge nor the awful long haul breakfast as I usually just take some extra fruit from the sugar-laden club kitchen.
Petty, moi?

Search this Thread