Community
Wiki Posts
Search

4 qualifying flights for gold

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2015, 3:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
4 qualifying flights for gold

Doing some research now into the BAEC program to see if its worth switching over to. Wanting to clarify the qualification requirements for Gold

It does seem that I need to fly solely BA metal (with a BA code) at least four times to get gold. Per the T&C, it seems that IB flight on IB metal does not qualify towards the four qualifying flights on BA? Is my understanding correct?

Read the wiki #4 and got very confused (I think the eligible flights would not include non-BA metals and codes)
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...os-2015-a.html

This is the BAEC T&C

6.2. Card entitlement is based on the number of Tier Points earned or total number of eligible flights taken in a Tier Point Collection Year. Each Member's Card status will be reviewed at the end of each Tier Point Collection Year before the expiry date of the current membership . Tier Points and eligible flights can only be counted once. At the end of each Tier Point Collection Year the Member's Tier Point or eligible flight level returns to zero. Members progress from Blue to Bronze, Bronze to Silver and from Silver to Gold. In order to achieve or retain Bronze status Members must ensure they take at least 2 flights operated and marketed by British Airways during each Tier Point Collection Year in addition to obtaining either the required number of Tier Points or completing the required number of eligible flights. In order to achieve or retain Silver or Gold status Members must ensure they take at least four flights operated by British Airways during each Tier Point Collection Year in addition to obtaining the required number of Tier Points.

Last edited by ermen; Feb 23, 2015 at 8:53 am
Old Feb 23, 2015, 3:56 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
IB marketed flight on IB metal will definitely not count as 1 of the 4. I always thought they had to be BA operated and marketed, but the below only mentions operated for Silver and Gold. Hopefully one with greater knowledge than I will clarify that point for you.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 4:05 am

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
I found IB flights last year at the beginning of my TP year did count. I was not intending or needing them to, but the 4 required sectors indicator disappear after I took 4 IB flights.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 4:14 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Oaxaca
IB marketed flight on IB metal will definitely not count as 1 of the 4. I always thought they had to be BA operated and marketed, but the below only mentions operated for Silver and Gold. Hopefully one with greater knowledge than I will clarify that point for you.
I think they would count.

Eligible flights are defined as those flights marketed or operated by British Airways and those flights marketed and operated by Iberia.
  • 'Marketed' means the flight will have a BA flight number (in your itinerary or on your ticket).
  • 'Operated' means the aircraft that you travel on is a British Airways aircraft (including franchises and BACityflyer).
  • 'Marketed and operated by Iberia' means the flight will have an IB flight number and the aircraft you travel on is an Iberia aircraft (including franchises).
http://www.britishairways.com/travel...s/public/en_gb
Old Feb 23, 2015, 5:02 am

Programs: QR Silver, BA Silver, FB Gold
I think any of the following count:
        Old Feb 23, 2015, 5:05 am
        Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
        Originally Posted by husseinbadr
              Yes, this matches what I copied and posted from ba.com above.
              Old Feb 23, 2015, 8:52 am
              Original Poster

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
              Originally Posted by KARFA
              That's where the confusion / misconception is I think. The concept of BA Flights is in relation to the Bronze and Silver levels where you can do 25 or 50 BA Flights to get to this level.

BA flights is then subsequently defined as
              -flights operated by British Airways, including franchises and BA CityFlyer
              -codeshare flights on other carriers with a BA flight number
              -flights operated by Iberia, including franchises, with an IB flight number

However, to get to Gold, seems like there is a requirement to fly on BA metal (and marketed) 4 times.

But as another poster said, maybe in practice, IB flights do seem to count towards the 4 BA flights quota.

Seems like this program is marginal for me.
              Old Feb 23, 2015, 8:57 am
              FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
              Originally Posted by ermen
              But as another poster said, maybe in practice, IB flights do seem to count towards the 4 BA flights quota.
              It's not just "maybe in practice". It has been officially confirmed by our resident company representative BA Executive Club.
              Old Mar 16, 2015, 2:31 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
              Originally Posted by husseinbadr
                    I had a sudden panic attack that I had made a huge mistake as the set of qualifying flights that will get me to silver is operated by BA but I stupidly bought on AA stock (which I also didn't realize I couldn't upgrade until after I purchased - a rookie mistake).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.