Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Do Chase Sapphire Points transferred to BA Avios keep your account active?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2015, 12:04 pm
Original Poster

Want to keep my Avios alive- just transferred Chase Sapphire points to BA Avios and want to know if the transfer qualifies to push out Avios expiration for another 36 months? I spent over 30 minutes twice on the line with BA Exec Club member services in the US and could get someone to pick up to answer my questions!!
Old Feb 22, 2015, 5:27 pm

I believe that for Avios activity on the account, be it a redemption, transfer or earning of miles extends the expiration. The Chase transfer has been my plan to extend my miles as my expiration nears in August.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 11:56 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Yes, a transfer in from a partner (hotel, credit card, etc.) counts as activity - you've created new Avios, having converted from the partner.

Transferring Avios between different Avios programmes via Combine my Avios does not count as activity, that would just be shuffling Avios between BA/IB/Avios Group.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.