Not quick enough to UUA?

Old Feb 20, 2015, 5:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Not quick enough to UUA?

Been looking at MIA-LHR F availability on the 208 on Sunday for weeks. I've been looking several times a day and nothing close on any day. I checked our CW seats earlier and two on the UD were suddenly available. I quickly logged into expertflyer and F2 had changed to F0. If it was an FTer then good work! I guess there could be other explanations (people changing seats or flights and the F seats sold, op-ups etc) but it seems quite a coincidence.

Having never been in the nose of a 744 I would have loved the chance (not often on those routes). Also, in connecting to DUB on Monday so a CCR breakfast would have been great too (wife is off home so I'll be on my own by that stage)!

Ah well, can't complain about the UD and the arrivals lounge breakfast.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 7:57 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Sunday's 208 is very full in all premium classes so I think it's unlikely that revenue management would open up two ordinary redemption seats in F.

Pure speculation on my part but it's possible that the person who had the 2 CW seats might have used a Gold Guest List redemption to open up space in F?
Old Feb 20, 2015, 8:01 pm
Original Poster

Not quick enough to UUA?

I thought it unlikely too. It was just when I saw that F was full and two UD seats were available that I thought I might have missed something.

Not a problem, UD will be just fine.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 12:03 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I don't think looking at revenue class availability is necessarily a good guide for UuA availability - although if all booking classes are at O or C for a cabin I imagine that does suggest there will also not be any reward availability. Just because it was F2 does not mean there were any reward seats available.

Enjoy the UD.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 12:07 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by gustavmahler
I've been looking several times a day and nothing close on any day.
Once a day, first thing UK time, is sufficient. If you are within 2 weeks of travel there may be a case for looking more often, but almost all availability is made available around 01:00 London time. The exceptions to this are when there are major changes to availability in buckets and/or and existing reservation is cancelled and the availability is returned to redemption buckets. That typically doesn't happen so often, and if it did it's more likely close to departure or if there is already some redemption availability.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 3:03 am

Programs: BA Gold & HH Silver
Maybe, someone has paid for the Cabin they want to sit in, instead of saying how nice it would be to sit there...

I highly doubt F2 Commercial Availability would be released as Avios, especially as F2 is sometimes actually only F1 due to the occasional overbooking of F by 1.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 5:34 am
Original Poster

Not quick enough to UUA?

Thanks! I completely agree with all the above, was just curious when I noticed the change. We'll be very happy on the upper deck.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.