Longest Flight in BA's Network for A319?

Old Feb 20, 15, 2:26 pm
Original Poster

I recently looked at my upcoming IST to LHR route and saw that the plane scheduled is an A319, which surprised me for a four hour route. I have nothing against the model of the plane, but the new seat configuration seems to leave legroom to be desired.

So does anyone know longest route BA has utilizing this plane?
Old Feb 20, 15, 2:34 pm

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Originally Posted by absolutboy20 View Post
I recently looked at my upcoming IST to LHR route and saw that the plane scheduled is an A319, which surprised me for a four hour route. I have nothing against the model of the plane, but the new seat configuration seems to leave legroom to be desired.

Are you booking a long way in the future? It will actually likely be an A320 on IST, the A319 is used as a placeholder for Airbus sectors in Europe until the timetable and equipment is sorted.

PFO/LCA/TFS are probably the furthest that A319s are sent by BA. The first two are around 5 hours flying time.
Old Feb 21, 15, 3:09 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Accor Sil, Black Cineworld Unlimited, Tastecard

From basic memory (and a rather "fun" source), the 319 range is greater than the 320 (not sure about the BA config/ engines though) so don't assume that the smaller plane shouldn't be used for longer routes.
Old Feb 21, 15, 4:08 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by absolutboy20 View Post

Pretty sure I've been on one to TFS in the past, though that's not quite as long a flight as PFO/LCA.

In new config, I don't think there will be any legroom difference between 319 and 320 (not sure about exit rows).
Old Feb 21, 15, 5:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A319 exit rows had excellent legroom in old config - will be even better in the new.

Search this Thread