More worrying news - Mr. Lord to leave

Closed Thread

Old Feb 28, 17, 2:02 pm

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AFKL ULTI, WOH Lifetime Globalist, IC Royal Ambassador
Its a pity that under Walsh the good have to leave when they stick to their beliefs.
The BA Management is willing to sacrifice a lot for profit....
Old Feb 28, 17, 10:16 pm

Programs: BAEC silver
Originally Posted by MumbaiDan View Post
Its a pity that under Walsh the good have to leave when they stick to their beliefs.
and that of course is pure speculation. Head hunters often entice happy staff away from jobs when companies make "too good to refuse offers".
Old Mar 1, 17, 2:43 am

Programs: BA GOLD, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MumbaiDan View Post
BA as a company has always been driven by profit first and foremost, I see nothing changing since WW et al.
Old Mar 1, 17, 3:31 am

Programs: MSC (Miles Slut Club); Cunard- Diamond 300+; Princess- Elite 200+; Royal Caribbean- Diamond; QF LTG
Originally Posted by stevie View Post
BA as a company has always been driven by profit first and foremost, I see nothing changing since WW et al.
There are two ways to make a profit:
1, Make yourself upmarket and so people is willing to pay a premium (er...the High-End club girl approach);
2, Nickle and Dime every passer-by in the corner of the street (er...the street girl approach)

There are two different results to the two approaches:
1,High-end girl approach: Your patrons will be so excited to see you all the time and take out his wallet and money constantly without notice. And they will stick much longer and sometimes even give commitments (and they know it is one-way street); you earn much more per service and always get bonus gifts like a Luis Vuitton bag or Rolex watch;
2,Street girl approach: your patron is likely to take advantage of you any time they want. They tend to go to other places if the offer is more attractive (either younger, cheaper or whatever). You have to work much harder to earn the dime and you find you can never earn enough in your life time compare to the high-end girls. You also find there are many real world problems and what's worse, once you are on the street, you will never be able to turn yourself back to the high-end girls.

What happens in BA appears to be that the former high-end girl is bullied by Alex Cruz and co. to become a street girl and to compete with other experienced street girls. So the people used to understand the high-end club business will unfortunately leave not because the street competition is tough. But ultimately they understand you can never be in the club again once you lowered yourself to the standard of the street girls. That is why it is a worrying scene when the real talent that understand customer service is leaving this company. Soon the customers will follow.
Old Mar 1, 17, 4:29 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Accor Sil, Black Cineworld Unlimited, Tastecard
Originally Posted by chongcao View Post
There are two ways to make a profit:
1, Make yourself upmarket and so people is willing to pay a premium (er...the High-End club girl approach);
2, Nickle and Dime every passer-by in the corner of the street (er...the street girl approach)
can you think of an example where 1 has worked in a volume industry? I.e. not a niche market where a relatively small number of customers are willing to fork out for your high-end girl but in a mass market.
Old Mar 1, 17, 4:33 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by chris1979 View Post
can you think of an example where 1 has worked in a volume industry? I.e. not a niche market where a relatively small number of customers are willing to fork out for your high-end girl but in a mass market.
I don't really think its comparable to the airline industry, but (in isolation) the obvious answer to your question is the iPhone.
Old Mar 1, 17, 5:03 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Accor Sil, Black Cineworld Unlimited, Tastecard
Originally Posted by Paralytic View Post
I don't really think its comparable to the airline industry, but (in isolation) the obvious answer to your question is the iPhone.
and how many phone companies have gone bust trying to be the leader in the market?

I don't disagree with the theoretic argument of 'premium product sells' but I am not sure it works in the airline industry / in a mass / volume market.
Old Mar 1, 17, 5:51 am
Senior Mod and Moderator: Aegean Miles&Bonus and British Airways

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Spire
We now appear to be branching well off-topic on what was already a resurrected thread, where the additional contributions didn't really have much to do with the original subject. This therefore seems like an appropriate time to close this thread.

/mod