A QR Question

Old Feb 19, 15, 10:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver/Hilton Diamond/IHG Spire
A QR Question

Sorry a couple of quick questions as my parents are flying Qatar this weekend. did post this on the QR forum but to no avail. So i thought I would ask the experts

1. My parents are flying on an award ticket Lhr- dxb in J to Doha but then it's ticketed in y from doh to dxb. My understanding of one world rules gives them access to the great lounge at doh to take a shower etc? Am I correct?

2. On the return they are in y to doh then j to lhr. Can they a) use business class checkin at dxb and b) use lounge at dxb (again per one world rules? )? Many thanks as trying to help them out. Cheers
Old Feb 19, 15, 10:27 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Are these connecting flights? If so, they should be able to use the QR DOH Business Lounge and use the Business Class check-in desks. There are showers available in the lounge and food and drink - it is a very big lounge and very difficult to find with dreadful signage. They shouldn't hesitate to ask for directions both to and within the lounge.
Old Feb 19, 15, 10:39 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, Thai Gold, JetPriviledge
Also make sure that they arrive nice and early outbound to sample the LHR T4 QR lounge. Miles better than the CCR with great food and drink. They have a bartender making cocktails.
Old Feb 19, 15, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by Alwaysfly View Post
Also make sure that they arrive nice and early outbound to sample the LHR T4 QR lounge ...
Quite, it's a very good lounge although the lounge at DOH is a big disappointment. Too big, too busy, too impersonal and cold hot food!
Old Feb 19, 15, 10:46 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, Thai Gold, JetPriviledge
Agree its big but they had run out of Biz class champagne when I was there last month and were serving Krug in the lounge so I didn't really notice
Old Feb 19, 15, 11:16 am

Agree its big but they had run out of Biz class champagne when I was there last month and were serving Krug in the lounge so I didn't really notice
I thought they always served Krug - that was the only aspect of the DOH lounge I actually liked!
Old Feb 19, 15, 11:31 am

Programs: BAEC, Marriott, Fans of MO
Also make sure that they arrive nice and early outbound to sample the LHR T4 QR lounge. Miles better than the CCR with great food and drink. They have a bartender making cocktails.
It is a nice lounge but IMO it is NOT as nice as the CCR. The CCR has a much nicer feel, and the bar area is also nicer IMO
Old Feb 19, 15, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver/Hilton Diamond/IHG Spire
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK View Post
Are these connecting flights? If so, they should be able to use the QR DOH Business Lounge and use the Business Class check-in desks. There are showers available in the lounge and food and drink - it is a very big lounge and very difficult to find with dreadful signage. They shouldn't hesitate to ask for directions both to and within the lounge.
These are connecting flights in J.

Thank you all for the answers, I knew this forum would have the answers! Now to make sure my mother doesn't have to many cocktails!
Old Feb 19, 15, 3:26 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Quite, it's a very good lounge although the lounge at DOH is a big disappointment. Too big, too busy, too impersonal and cold hot food!
Just like the CCR then
Old Feb 19, 15, 3:33 pm

... although the lounge at DOH is a big disappointment. Too big, too busy, too impersonal and cold hot food!
Depends on time of day. If you happen to be there between 8:30 and 19:00, it can be VERY quiet. I counted less than 10 passengers recently...

Search this Thread