Wiki Posts
Search

2 days, 2 surveys

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2015, 8:35 am
Original Poster

2 days, 2 surveys

Wow - BA are on fire ...

First I had a full on 20 minuter of 'help us shape the future' full of questions about every aspect of the BA experience.

This morning was a 10 minuter about my recent attempts to upgrade using avios ...

Needless to say I gave very honest responses to both.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 9:27 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
I just received one for my last flight LHR-BRU on 7th Feb. In this way I had the chance to tell BA about a little "problem" encountered on boarding, something for which I would have never written specifically.

There was an unknown jacket laid over the armrests of our seats (1F-1D), and a paper bag, with napkins inside, always on one of the seats. I thought the cabin crew would check on the cabin, before starting boarding...
When we saw the thing, I called the FA at the door. He just grabbed the stuff away without a word, almost was annoyed that I called him for that. But if I don't know to whom the stuff belong (there shouldn't be anything on the seats, after all), I'm not going to move it on my own.

Now I'm curious to see if I will never heard back from BA about the survey.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 9:10 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
I received one yesterday after my daily look to see if there was availability to UuA on one of my future flight. The survey focused on the information provided by e-mail and the website for earning/spending Avios, as well as what I was trying to do on the website and whether or not I succeeded. A few other questions about my general satisfaction with BAEC.
I answered honestly, but thought the questions did not help painting a general pictures. No question about the upcoming changes.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by MPH1980

This morning was a 10 minuter about my recent attempts to upgrade using avios ...

Needless to say I gave very honest responses to both.
Got that one too and also gave them my candid thoughts!!
Old Feb 21, 2015, 10:35 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
2 days, 2 surveys

Wow, my first survey from Nunwood today! I fainted. It was about booking reward seats online. There were a lot of questions about BAEC which I was pretty frank about!
Old Feb 21, 2015, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by paul4040
Wow, my first survey from Nunwood today! I fainted. It was about booking reward seats online. There were a lot of questions about BAEC which I was pretty frank about!
Yep had this one twice in two days. I was very frank indeed and gave them some examples of friends of mine affected by the RFS changes who are cancelling their Lloyds Amex cards.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 11:03 am

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Guess BA wants to see how successful their current drive to upset the majority of BAEC members is progressing.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 11:23 am

Programs: BA Gold, QF LTG
I received the Nunwood survey about a recent online Avios booking search, although it was clearly trawling for more information than just about the booking attempt. I was frank and detailed in my responses, but the peculiar thing is that about 30 minutes after completing the survey, I recevied another email inviting me to complete the exact same survey. Bless them for trying.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 3:10 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, L'Accor Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Platinum
I got the Avios survey as well and gave my honest opinion. Although I'm a lowly silver, I have collected a lot of Avios thanks to Raffles and FT and finding long haul availability is harder than finding hen's teeth.

1F
Old Feb 21, 2015, 3:18 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Is there a point in completing the surveys at all?

Can anyone say "I completed the survey and later saw an improvement!" or "I completed the survey and later was contacted by BA about the question I raised?"

When I had joined BAEC I was happy to complete on-board/online surveys, but now I doubt they make any difference.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Ivanerr

Can anyone say "I completed the survey and later saw an improvement!" or "I completed the survey and later was contacted by BA about the question I raised?"
It depends on what sort of effect you expect your survey response to have.

If you're thinking about whether, if you complete the survey, BA will act on some specific comment made by you (and you alone) in your survey response, then no, it is highly unlikely that your view is that important.

But BA do act on aggregated survey results. If, for example, satisfaction with check-in had been receiving an average score of 8 from the 1,000 (or whatever number) people surveyed every day, but this dropped to 7.5, then 7, then 6.5 over several months, then BA will take notice of this. If you don't complete a survey, you get no chance at all to take part in this way of influencing what BA does.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 5:12 pm

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
Originally Posted by Globaliser
But BA do act on aggregated survey results.
If you don't complete a survey, you get no chance at all to take part in this way of influencing what BA does.
Using the same argument, by not completing the survey you have the same effect...i.e you've not lost out on any influence. The response you would have given would have been hidden in the averages....so only if a large proportion of recipients decided not to fill them out then the results would get skewed.

Personally, I get sick of all the surveys and feedback requests theses days (generaly speaking, not just BA)...seems to be illlness of modern times.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by jbfield
Using the same argument, by not completing the survey you have the same effect...i.e you've not lost out on any influence.
That's not what I said. If you complete the survey, you do influence BA, but you do so as part of a large aggregated sample.

If you choose not to complete the survey, you lose out on this method of influencing BA.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 2:39 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Petroleum
Originally Posted by Ivanerr

When I had joined BAEC I was happy to complete on-board/online surveys, but now I doubt they make any difference.
I have been contacted once by them (after several attempts by them to be fair) and given exgratia Avios after a minor moan about being delayed by a technical return to Newark and the tatty interior and flickery IFE on an unrefurbished 772 (I slept through most of it anyway). I was not contacted at all on another occasion after complaining heartily after the seat shifters separated me from my wife at the gate, putting a single traveller in my place! Was able to switch with him but shouldn't have had to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.