Aargh! API is driving me crazy!

Old Feb 20, 15, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thatsthebadger View Post
Some routes demand the details be entered every time - eg SA.
Really?

Then why is this demand only made when I fly BA? They are the only airline who make me reenter basic API data that's already in my BAEC profile, 100% of the time. Every single other airline could not care less.

Indeed, not a big deal, and certainly not the main reason I've long since turned my back on BA, but it certainly hasn't endeared them to me.

Johan
Old Feb 21, 15, 5:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Nope, no new passport and no new route either, just home to Malta. I only had to do it for myself and the OH, which was bad enough, but my sympathies go to those who have had to it for their entire families.. There really is no excuse in this day and age. The details are already on the BA system for goodness sake.
Old Feb 21, 15, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by gypsyjaney View Post
There really is no excuse in this day and age. The details are already on the BA system for goodness sake.
If they're in your BAEC account properly, then MMB should auto-populate. It works for me, and it seems to work for most of us who expect it to do this. So you might want to check that part of your BAEC account.

On the routes where you have to re-enter the API after confirming your seat but before printing a boarding pass, you just have to do it.
Old Feb 21, 15, 1:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Bronze
I'm afraid it makes me feel like Violet Elizabeth Bott - scream and scream- and scream....!

Search this Thread