Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First lounge Tel Aviv

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2015, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

First lounge Tel Aviv

Does anyone know if there are any facilities for a First class lounge in Tel Aviv?

A few years back, first class passengers got a different lounge invitation (I think it said v.v.i.p) which would give access to a 'private room' within the Dan lounge near the C gates. It was nothing special but still an attempt to differentiate the first product.

A couple of months ago I flew in F on the route and once again was given the 'v.v.i.p.' invitation. Went to the C gate lounge (which had been renovated since my previous visit) and there was no longer a 'private room' offered. I have since flown in Club and received the standard lounge invite. On that occasion I tried the BA Dan lounge (near the synagogue) but again did not see any difference for first.

So question - why do they continue to give the 'v.v.i.p' lounge invitation to first passengers?
Old Feb 18, 2015, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 8_1_3 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/600.1.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/8.0 Mobile/12B466 Safari/600.1.4)

Good question re the vvip invites as there is indeed no longer an F lounge.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by clubman
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 8_1_3 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/600.1.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/8.0 Mobile/12B466 Safari/600.1.4)

Good question re the vvip invites as there is indeed no longer an F lounge.
If no one else knows, I will ask the question at check-in on Monday.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 2:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Only F lounge in TLV now is ELAL. The normal Dan lounge is now marginally better than the BA Dan+ lounge. Neither is worth looking forward to.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 3:37 pm

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by seaskybound
The normal Dan lounge is now marginally better than the BA Dan+ lounge. Neither is worth looking forward to.
Never mind flying in F. J is just as bad for lounges at TLV!

Definitely something worth complaining to BA about. They are in stiff competition with EL AL from TLV and the Dan/Dan+ lounge offering they have is really pathetic. Not that there IS any other lounge at TLV except for EL AL's. However, the airport is currently constructing a new set of gates, which will no doubt have lounge facilities, and BA should be talking to the people concerned about a better lounge offering for non-EL AL airlines (maybe a separate lounge for OneWorld members?).

Having recently moved to BA from EL AL, the one part of my EL AL Platinum status which is still worth anything to me is the ability to use their lounge before non-EL AL flights ... at least until the end of December 2015!
Old Feb 19, 2015, 1:08 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; AF/KLM FB Silver; M&M LH FTL; LY GLD; HH Diamond; SPG Gold; A-Club Silver; Avis PCI
TBH - point is somewhat moot as BA will no longer have F on the route from the end of March.

Also, the previous F room was not really of much value.

I'm not sure BA has F lounges at all airports with an F service, besides TLV. I guess sometimes it's impractical.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.