Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA ZRH-LCY then onwards to BA LHR-SEA on Business Class same day, lounge access?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA ZRH-LCY then onwards to BA LHR-SEA on Business Class same day, lounge access?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2015, 9:35 am
Original Poster

Question BA ZRH-LCY then onwards to BA LHR-SEA on Business Class same day, lounge access?

Hi all,

I'm looking to book an Avios rewards flight on BA ZRH-LCY - first flight out. I need to run a couple of errands in central London then I'll be on a BA LHR-SEA Business class flight (cheapest business class service) at 15.30.

Both tickets will be purchased separately. In a previous thread I was asking if I could have the bags linked through and received confirmation that I can indeed do this.

My question is will I be able to use the lounge at ZRH on the ZRH-LCY leg, even when I'm flying from LHR-SEA on the same day? Normally I believe this would be OK however it's a different airport - not sure how BA categorises this?

NB I know I can fly form ZRH to LHR and not have this problem at all but I need to be in central London for the day so just wondering if possible.

Thanks all.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 9:38 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Yes, you should be able to. Show your SEA boarding pass at the desk in ZRH to get access to the lounge.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 9:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stu1985
Yes, you should be able to. Show your SEA boarding pass at the desk in ZRH to get access to the lounge.
thank you - just checking is this a hard rule that I WILL be able to get in or is this down to the discretion of the people at the desk?
Old Feb 18, 2015, 9:42 am

Programs: BAEC
Do they always transfer bags from LCY to LGW?
Old Feb 18, 2015, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by SCSA
Do they always transfer bags from LCY to LGW?
No. They don't ever transfer bags between airports. The passenger has to collect them, transfer and then check the bags at the second airport.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 9:48 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I don't understand the bag being "...linked through...". LCY and LHR are separate airports. There is no through checking of bags if you arrive and depart from any combination of two of the three LON airports served by BA (LHR, LGW, LCY). If you arrive at one and depart from another it is your responsibility alone to transport yourself and your bags between the two airports - and that transfer is at your expence. BA do not transfer passengers or bags between any of the three airports.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 9:51 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Originally Posted by MitzEclipse

Both tickets will be purchased separately. In a previous thread I was asking if I could have the bags linked through and received confirmation that I can indeed do this.
I don't know who told you that this would be okay, but bags are never transferred between airports in London. You need to pick up your bags in LCY and re-check them at LHR.

If both arrival and departure were at LHR there wouldn't be a problem. But LCY and LHR are different airports with a whole city between them...!
Old Feb 18, 2015, 9:56 am
Original Poster

sorry that's my fault - it was ZRH-LHR, LHR-SEA in the previous example.. ignore the part about the bags!

thanks for the confirmation re lounge... look forward to it.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 10:04 am

Programs: BAEC
Sorry..LHR

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.