Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will LHR-BKK will revert to 4 class?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2015, 6:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Will LHR-BKK will revert to 4 class?

Having seen the post about the resumption of F to Las Vegas etc, and I realise the reasons there, but any chance we may get F to BKK again?
Old Feb 18, 2015, 6:46 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by johnaalex
Having seen the post about the resumption of F to Las Vegas etc, and I realise the reasons there, but any chance we may get F to BKK again?
LAS was due to the old F/ new F 744 changeover, as this is almost complete they have added it back on. BKK has been for the last few years 777-200 3 class so no i dont think it will revert.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 10:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Originally Posted by Jenzo
LAS was due to the old F/ new F 744 changeover, as this is almost complete they have added it back on. BKK has been for the last few years 777-200 3 class so no i dont think it will revert.
Maybe if I start a petition???
Old Feb 23, 2015, 10:55 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
I think the only way the service will change to 4 class, is if a new style plane is introduced for the journey - 787-9 for example.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 3:53 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Titanium Lifetime/UA/JetBlue
I think this is highly unlikely. The full fare J loads are horrendous, mostly redemptions and upgrades. The flight is generally full but very low yield and I think we are struggling to compete to be honest with the Middle East carriers. A friend that has connections at TG says they struggle too and fill with low fares.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 9:44 am

Programs: BA Gold,, Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by markzz2
I think this is highly unlikely. The full fare J loads are horrendous, mostly redemptions and upgrades. The flight is generally full but very low yield and I think we are struggling to compete to be honest with the Middle East carriers. A friend that has connections at TG says they struggle too and fill with low fares.
I do hope that they don't cancel the service. I like a direct flight to BKK rather than changing at DOH. I do have to say though that the return isn't all that interesting because it is all day time. Both my next trips to BKK, I am getting CX to HKG which leaves at 19:00 and then connecting to one of the BA flights to LHR. Get a full night's sleep and also spend an entire day in BKK.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 10:01 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Thai are dropping one of their 2 daily flights from 01 July (but upgrading that to the A380) - but cutting Economy Seats from LHR by between 89-215 seats a day.

I think BA will be one of the beneficiaries are there are plenty of people who care not about mileage systems but will pay a premium to fly non-stop.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
This is likely to be mutually reinforcing. The new times are dreadful and no F is suboptimal so the smart choice is now to pick another carrier, which results in depressed loads etc.

The timing is fundamentally wrong for an Asia flight and this rules out BA to BKK for me. I have however flown BA to HKG in F then connected to CX.

CX all the way through to BKK in paid J seems a much better option than BA direct too, with a better product and more TP's at keener prices.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.