Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Struggling to MFU man-Yul via LHR plus strange prices

Old Feb 18, 2015, 4:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G, BA Silver, Flying Blue, VLM, VT Traveller, PC Platinum, BW Diamond

ok so there is availability on the dates I am looking for but I noticed the following:

Man-LHR-Yul-lhr-man in Y+ is cheaper by £300 than LHR-Yul-LHR

There is availability for LHR-Yul-LHR to MFU but I cannot book it when I start in Manchester, I just keep getting an error and it will not price it :-/

My friend is travelling LHR-Yul outbound on the same day, but in Y, unsure whether to MFU both ways. It's on a 787 which seems to have a nice cabin, plus I think the price goes up for taxes if I upgrade the outbound leg.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 4:31 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
The domestic sectors are likely the issue, you will need to call to book and UuA in one transaction.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 4:43 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
For a UuA from WT+ to CW you should be paying the difference in carrier surcharge - it isn't a tax difference. The carrier surcharge applicable is route specific, generally though the longer the route the more the surcharge. For example starting from the UK the additional surcharge for CW over WT+ for a return to NYC is around £106 so the cost of doing a UuA for a return should be 20k avios and £106, and 10k avios and £53 for a one way UuA.

When I have had WT+ bookings with domestic connections I have never managed to get it to do a UuA via MMB and have always had to call to do it.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 4:46 am

I find it very interesting that the call centre folk invariably call it a difference in taxes.

That can't be just one or two people getting confused. Must be a training issue.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by windowontheAside
I find it very interesting that the call centre folk invariably call it a difference in taxes.

That can't be just one or two people getting confused. Must be a training issue.
We've discussed this before. It seems the call centre agents often don't receive a breakdown in the taxes/surcharges on their screen -- it is just quoted as taxes, hence the confusion. If the agent is providing a manual quote then the taxes and surcharges are broken out and the agent could refer to them separately.
See for example this post:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23600587-post8.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.