Concorde room JFK (BA TO AA connecting flight)

Old Feb 18, 15, 2:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold

I will be flying LHR-JFK on BA First will i have access to the CR for my connecting flight to GRU on AA in First..
Old Feb 18, 15, 2:40 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by moonbeam View Post
I will be flying LHR-JFK on ba first will i have access to the CR for my connecting flight ti GRU on AA in First..
No, your onward flight is in another terminal and there is no access route on arrival in Kennedy. You can use the Flagship lounge in T8, which isn't a patch on CCR, but it's probably the best lounge in the AA network and has great views over the apron.
Old Feb 18, 15, 2:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
No, your onward flight is in another terminal and there is no access route on arrival in Kennedy. You can use the Flagship lounge in T8, which isn't a patch on CCR, but it's probably the best lounge in the AA network and has great views over the apron.
Thanks man
Old Feb 18, 15, 5:04 am

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
There are two sets of lounges at AA's JFK T8. You need to head to lounge that is nearest the security check-point not the one in the satellite building. Just follow signs to the Admiral's Club. It is one common entrance/reception but when you flash your AA F BP, they will give you a keycard to access the Flagship lounge which is to the side of the reception area.
Old Feb 18, 15, 5:22 am

Programs: BAEC Solid Gold Dancer
Don't get too excited about the prospect of the Flagship lounge. It does have a small buffet and a self-serve bar, but it's not a life changing experience :-)
Old Feb 18, 15, 5:53 am

Programs: AA EXP/LTP 4MM, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH Dia, SPG Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by SCSA View Post
Don't get too excited about the prospect of the Flagship lounge. It does have a small buffet and a self-serve bar, but it's not a life changing experience :-)
Contrary to CCR, you mean...?
Old Feb 18, 15, 6:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
But it is considerably better than the Admirals Club(s)
Old Feb 18, 15, 6:19 am

Programs: Still dealing with the loss of my BA Concorde Room Card

Do they give you a key card @ JFK? I've always gotten it at LAX but my times @ JFK there was always someone there to open the door. Same goes for LHR now that I think of it.
Old Feb 18, 15, 6:37 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by bdohmen View Post
Do they give you a key card @ JFK? I've always gotten it at LAX but my times @ JFK there was always someone there to open the door. Same goes for LHR now that I think of it.
Sometimes there is a key card at T8, sometimes someone walks you through, depends on staffing levels. The LAX ones are hotel style plastic card, the JFK cards have various lumps of metal on them to prevent people walking off with them.
Old Feb 18, 15, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by Justonemore View Post
But it is considerably better than the Admirals Club(s)
Whatever lounge will provide a "life changing experience"...?
Old Feb 18, 15, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by bdohmen View Post
Out of interest, i'm guessing the Flagship at LHR T3 isn't all that....a definite third behind F lounge and Cathay's lounge?
Old Feb 18, 15, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by onobond View Post
Whatever lounge will provide a "life changing experience"...?
None, unless you happen to meet your future wife in one perhaps...nonetheless one can be better than another and in my opinion the flagship lounge is better than the admirals club
Old Feb 18, 15, 8:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
Out of interest, i'm guessing the Flagship at LHR T3 isn't all that....a definite third behind F lounge and Cathay's lounge?
I understand the only "pro" of the Flagship at LHR T3 is its wifi speed; important to some passengers.
Old Feb 18, 15, 8:01 am

Programs: AA EP 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Indeed. It is reputed to have the fastest wifi, although the BA F lounge has always had sufficient connectivity for me.

Depends if you're downloadingandbreakfast I suppose...

Old Feb 19, 15, 10:28 am

None, unless you happen to meet your future wife in one perhaps...nonetheless one can be better than another and in my opinion the flagship lounge is better than the admirals club
We certainly agreee on that.

Search this Thread