Wiki Posts
Search

Seat selection 777

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2015, 8:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: Now BAEC Brown, fallen from 10 yrs BAEC Gold; Oyster 60+ Travelcard
Seat selection 777

just booked CW for Mrs GL2 and I for LHR - BOM on a 241 at T-355 - no F available and only 2 CW. Will almost inevitably pay to reserve seats being non status and not wanting to sit in middle seats. Two questions ( I have searched forum for the answers):

1. on a 4 class 777, are there any particularly good or bad CW window/aisle seats? (forum suggests take seatguru with a pinch of salt) and
2. If I pay to seat select and subsequentl availability allows UUA to F, do I get a refund of my seat fee?
Old Feb 17, 2015, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
For good/bad seats, try http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...lub-world.html
Old Feb 17, 2015, 9:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: Now BAEC Brown, fallen from 10 yrs BAEC Gold; Oyster 60+ Travelcard
Thanks, knew the answer must be somewhere, just couldn't find it.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 9:21 am

Programs: BAEC Silver/OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by GateLouse2
2. If I pay to seat select and subsequentl availability allows UUA to F, do I get a refund of my seat fee?
Afraid not.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 9:35 am

Programs: BA GGL
The issue you have is the multiple seating configurations of the J cabin on 777s, and that this far out you do not know which you will get. There is a bit of a problem with window alignment if a view is important to you. I had a similar query recently and determined that row 13 windows are universally good across the 777 fleet. As a couple I am not sure though as you would be in ying-yang format and may prefer one of the middle pairs, or two adjacent aisle seats.
Also, forget seatguru and use TheBASource instead is popular advice around here!
Old Feb 17, 2015, 10:04 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by GateLouse2
Originally Posted by wb1969
Afraid not.
Are you sure that is right wb1969? I think answer may be yes not no.

Refunds
When and how you can claim a refund

You can claim a refund for reserved seats if:
You have paid for an upgrade and do not wish to pay the difference in order to reselect your seat in the alternative cabin.
and also seat selection is free in F, so since there is nothing due for seat selection in F I think it is at least arguable that the CW seat selection fee is refundable.

See the sticky here as well:

BA also permits a paid seating refund if you have voluntarily purchased an upgrade pre travel.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 10:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, MeliaRewards Gold, Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by wb1969
Afraid not.
Not true in my experience - I have had the seat selection fee refunded to me before following an upgrade to F.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Rows 10, 12 and 15 are missing windows and I would recommend avoiding these. All other window seats are fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.