Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA launches yet another non-LON flight.. (CBG-GOT)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA launches yet another non-LON flight.. (CBG-GOT)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2017, 5:32 am

Programs: LuxExpress VIP
And here are we talking probably AstraZeneca not Alitalia, right? My mistake.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 5:32 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by 1010101
Their global headquarters is in Cambridge.
And they have a big office in MAN, and I guess GOT
Old Oct 25, 2017, 5:45 am

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
Originally Posted by vanaema78
Can anyone enlighten me why does AZ staff need flights to CBG?
Our Global HQ is in Cambridge, there is a big office and manufacturing facilitys in both Alderley park & Got, plus 2 offices dotted around the UK (like im in the Luton office)
Old Oct 26, 2017, 6:12 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Flying Blue Gold
The flights aren't showing up on SkyScanner now, which ties in with what we've been told: flights available for AstraZeneca employees and affiliates only, only bookable on our own internal travel website or through our agent.

The CBG private terminal is really just a few sofas and a coffee machine. Security is in a fenced off area in one of the hangers.

I'm one of the ones who've been pushing for this for the last couple of years - MAN-GOT has been a pain since SunAir scrapped the direct flight. No more early morning dashes down the A14 or Russian roulette with changes in BRU or CPG. I'd hoped the route would have actually been CBG-MAN-GOT-MAN-CBG, but I know there were issues with Marshall's at CBG regarding working hours of local ATC and security. The new routing will allow them to work within the working time directive.
The fare structure seems to be set up so everyone gets 60 tier points for a return trip from MCR.

As Aidy says, there's a big R&D centre just outside Gothenburg, and Macclesfield is AZ's 2nd biggest manufacturing site.

I've got 1 trip booked already for the start of December but will look to squeeze another one in before then, but have a QR trip to Sydney next week to top up the tier points....

Last edited by Teemo70; Oct 26, 2017 at 6:15 am Reason: Spelling...
Old Oct 26, 2017, 2:54 pm

Programs: BA, VS, LH, HHonors
Originally Posted by Teemo70
The flights aren't showing up on SkyScanner now, which ties in with what we've been told: flights available for AstraZeneca employees and affiliates only, only bookable on our own internal travel website or through our agent.

The CBG private terminal is really just a few sofas and a coffee machine. Security is in a fenced off area in one of the hangers.

I'm one of the ones who've been pushing for this for the last couple of years - MAN-GOT has been a pain since SunAir scrapped the direct flight. No more early morning dashes down the A14 or Russian roulette with changes in BRU or CPG. I'd hoped the route would have actually been CBG-MAN-GOT-MAN-CBG, but I know there were issues with Marshall's at CBG regarding working hours of local ATC and security. The new routing will allow them to work within the working time directive.
The fare structure seems to be set up so everyone gets 60 tier points for a return trip from MCR.

As Aidy says, there's a big R&D centre just outside Gothenburg, and Macclesfield is AZ's 2nd biggest manufacturing site.

I've got 1 trip booked already for the start of December but will look to squeeze another one in before then, but have a QR trip to Sydney next week to top up the tier points....
Would be surprised if flights would be open to the public, I think the demand from MAN GOT will be prettty high already.

Now, if you can influence an additional leg GOT to BMA (Bromma).....
Old Oct 26, 2017, 3:12 pm

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Shame it won't open to the public, I've missed the CBG-GOT flights, but would love to take the MAN-CBG-GOT now
Old Oct 27, 2017, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by Teemo70
I'm one of the ones who've been pushing for this for the last couple of years -
Thanks for the insight Teemo70.

You couldn’t possibly consider pushing for these to be opened to the public too, could you?
Old Oct 28, 2017, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How busy is this shuttle? Out of interest.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 10:23 am

The flights are showing on skyscanner albeit at an eyewatering Ł1600 return. Couldn't find any avios availability on ba.com but perhaps if you call them?
Old Nov 2, 2017, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Armodeen
The flights are showing on skyscanner albeit at an eyewatering Ł1600 return. Couldn't find any avios availability on ba.com but perhaps if you call them?
I suspect that is an error. Perhaps a YY YIF fare.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 12:36 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Indeed, there are no fares between MAN and GOT filed by EZ (Sun-Air). There is only
Fare Basis Airline Booking Class Trip Type Fare Cabin
CIF YY C Round-Trip 1626.00(GBP) B
YIF YY Y Round-Trip 1626.00(GBP) E
The flights are visible to ExpertFlyer but all booking classes are zeroed.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They would be filed by BA (on EZ’s behalf) rather than by EZ directly—if they existed.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 2:30 pm

Bummer, I was kinda looking forward to a ride on this unusual route for a paltry sum of avios
Old Nov 4, 2017, 3:23 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
I expect you've missed the boat there, I'm afraid. I just don't see it as likely that these AstraZeneca-oriented flights will be open to the public again. I was on one of the last public CBG-GOT-CBG flights for a day trip, to see the Cambridge airport terminal before it finally closed (to scheduled transport). I used to be a regular there, when they had useful flights to Amsterdam.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.