Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold reserving row 1

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2015, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

Gold reserving row 1

So newly gold and try gin to move to row 1 for my partner an dI for a flight to DBX in May. I was told today by YouFirst that both parties need to be gold which i was unaware of. Any ideas when it is possible to move to row 1, is the usual T-72 hours game that non-golds have to play or can you get in sooner?
Old Feb 16, 2015, 12:35 pm
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
This is correct. If a passenger is not BA Gold or oneworld Emerald they will have to wait until 3 days before the flight at which point they can select 1A/K.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

Great. makes sense, thanks
Old Feb 16, 2015, 12:50 pm

Programs: LH FTL, BA Silver, Thameslink Delay Repay
Just to add, the T-3d game is indeed correct but I believe this only applies to longhaul (which this flight is of course).

I've always been able to select Row 1 seats for my travel companions on shorthaul CE flights at any time.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 1:51 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, Hilton Diamond, Marriott GOLD, Accor Club Gold
Other thing to say is that I've tired of row 1 on overnight flights. It depends on what kind of plane you are on, and if you are flying solo or as a couple. On a 747 row 1 is lovely if a pair, but otherwise I find you are too close to the other passenger (especially if they snore). On a 777 I find row 1 too close to the galley, and the preparations for breakfast can be a pain....
Old Feb 16, 2015, 3:17 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Does the same apply to an Old F cabin being used for CW?

Or is it just that the software cannot cope with calling these seats as CW and a simple phone call to CS will secure 1K for Mrs Harry?

Or are the throne seats reserved for Golds even if the cabin is being sold as CW?
Old Feb 16, 2015, 3:19 pm

Programs: BA Gold....er now Silver...er now Bronze....er now Blue
Originally Posted by HarryHolden68
Does the same apply to an Old F cabin being used for CW?
yes.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 11:24 pm
Original Member

Gold reserving row 1

I'm not so sure. Recent trip to Vegas on OF as CW. 1A and K appeared occupied when I selected seats way in advance. However at t-3d they became open. I tried to reserve but they said they were bassinet seats and I could not book them, same at t-1d and OLCI. Same on return. I'm gold btw.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.