Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Keep an eye on your ex Dub itineraries

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2015, 10:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Originally Posted by jock
Am I right in saying that the CLT flight from Dub is a B757 all year round? I always try to fly to PHL at least its on the A330. Is a larger a/c a factor?
It's a seasonal service with mostly A330's. Ends mid October and back April/May I think.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 10:08 am

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, Hilton Gold, Nordic Choice Gold
Originally Posted by tigertanaka
I have an ex DUB routing to MCO via PHL. The original booking (operated by US but booked with BA) was as follows:
Depart DUB 11:35, arrive PHL 14:05
Depart PHL 15:49, arrive MCO 18:24

US appear to have pulled the 15:49 flight which triggered a change to my flight to:
Depart PHL 18:20 arrive MCO 21:10

Now a 4:15 layover and we arrive at MCO (holiday trip) nearly 4 hours later than planned. This is not ideal as we wont get to the hotel until late in the evening.

In the meantime the original flight has been reinstated (now leaving PHL at 15:50) but there are no seats left in J.

I guess I have the following options:

1) Ask BA to move the PHL-MCO leg back to the 15:50 flight and fly in Y - but would they give me the J tier points? I guess not.
2) Change the routing to DUB-CLT-MCO which means I will arrive in Orlando at 16:24 in the afternoon - much better timings
3) Accept a 4+ hour layover at PHL

Before I call BA can anyone advise on the best strategy for getting option 2?
Called BA, could not do DUB-CLT-MCO as there is no code share on CLT-MCO however the agent put us on PHL-TPA which lands in FL 3 hours earlier than the flight I was booked on. Maybe 45 minutes extra drive but TPA should be quicker to get out of than MCO and we get to the resort at a sensible hour.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 12:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA LTGold; LH Senator; HHGold; Bonvoy Plat
Earlier this year I had to cancel a part flown ex DUB Itinerary (cancelled in London due to sickness). AA have been able to re-ticket the rest of the route later this year (outside the original offer period) for no extra money, and they didn't care about adding a last leg from London to Dublin when I said I wasn't really keen to go back there. So I'm am finishing in London legit this time.

Very impressive I thought!
Old Jun 24, 2015, 2:30 pm

I'm off to HNL (ex-DUB) in August and have had the flights changed twice - it now means that I will have to overnight in NY (previously it was a layover of 6 hours) - I don't mind as I quite fancy a night there, but I am going to call tomorrow to see if I can swop the DUB-LCY leg in favour of EDI-LCY (I live in EDI) to compensate for the additional night in NY. (at the moment I need to travel the night before to Dublin).

Is it likely BA will go for it.....?
Old Jun 24, 2015, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tim0409
I'm off to HNL (ex-DUB) in August and have had the flights changed twice - it now means that I will have to overnight in NY (previously it was a layover of 6 hours) - I don't mind as I quite fancy a night there, but I am going to call tomorrow to see if I can swop the DUB-LCY leg in favour of EDI-LCY (I live in EDI) to compensate for the additional night in NY. (at the moment I need to travel the night before to Dublin).

You might need a justification. Maybe if your whole schedule had changed because of their schedule change.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 3:05 pm

Called BA, could not do DUB-CLT-MCO as there is no code share on CLT-MCO however the agent put us on PHL-TPA which lands in FL 3 hours earlier than the flight I was booked on. Maybe 45 minutes extra drive but TPA should be quicker to get out of than MCO and we get to the resort at a sensible hour.
Given that I am flying CLT-MCO in Sept as part of an ex DUB I'm not sure how much of a valid excuse this is?

Admittedly I did book under the US flight numbers for the extra TPs
Old Jun 24, 2015, 9:42 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
I know several Orlando regulars who choose to fly into TPA over MCO irrespective of price and schedule. Rental car collection is certainly a much quicker exercise IME.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 1:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Agree with the above re TPA - even in Y you can disembark, clear passport control, collect luggage and be in your hire car with 45 minutes. Walk out terminal, cross road and collect car from garage immediately behind desks.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 7:14 am

Programs: BA Bronze
I have a HNL run next week and have been lucky so far with only one round of small changes. For a while now I have noticed my final flight LCY-DUB had removed my seat selection and the website was having a small meltdown when I tried clicked on "more flight information" etc. Was too busy to look into it but finally got round to it yesterday. Tried a dummy booking and the same flight now had a different flight number.

Called the Exec Club line and got my ticket reissued as it transpired that the flight number had changed and they had somehow not automatically reticketed me. All sorted now but I do wonder what might have happened if I had not called up and just tried to online check in when it was time to make the return flight. Not too experienced in this kind of stuff!
Old Jun 25, 2015, 7:21 am

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond
I've had so many flight changes for my holiday -come TP run- in september!

I was tempted to cancel and rebook but then I would lose the extra TP on the babybus and I wouldn't get to annoy chris1979 for 8 hours
Old Jun 25, 2015, 7:42 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by Jamier45
I've had so many flight changes for my holiday -come TP run- in september!

I was tempted to cancel and rebook but then I would lose the extra TP on the babybus and I wouldn't get to annoy chris1979 for 8 hours
I was going to whatsapp you - my normal seat (1A) is now available......

but I haven't moved myself so we are still sat together....
Old Jun 25, 2015, 10:31 am

Just off the phone to BA (45 mins on hold on the "Silver" line to get through...) and it was a NO (not entirely unexpected) although he did give the chance to cancel. The CA checked with a supervisor the flight has to originate and end at the same destination.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by chris1979
I was going to whatsapp you - my normal seat (1A) is now available......

but I haven't moved myself so we are still sat together....
I think nufnuf77 posted that this was his on that day but he his since changed plans
Old Jun 25, 2015, 2:16 pm

Programs: Meow Mix
Gutted that my JFK-LHR is on a 777 now

/AE
Old Jun 25, 2015, 4:23 pm

Just off the phone to BA (45 mins on hold on the "Silver" line to get through...) and it was a NO (not entirely unexpected) although he did give the chance to cancel. The CA checked with a supervisor the flight has to originate and end at the same destination.
This is turning into to a bit of a farce now; after my call today I've just received an email to say that BA003 on the 7/8 is now cancelled - it's not even suggesting an alternative and says I need to call to discuss alternatives.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.