Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

lounge access for bronze progressing to silver on flight

Old Feb 15, 15, 2:42 pm
Original Poster

So I am midway on my BOS-LHR return and will have 595 status points added within in a few days.

I am flying LHR-BOS on Friday, and after that flight will be silver.

any way to get lounge access at T5 being 5 points short of silver status?

any suggestions on approach and how to ask?
Old Feb 15, 15, 2:49 pm

Stand at the bottom of the escalator and accost politely ask all the passing status pax if they'll guest you into a lounge?

Old Feb 15, 15, 2:50 pm

Programs: BAEC
I don't think you will be able to get in if you are 5 TP short. If you'd flown the required number of flights, and were just waiting for the TP to post, then you'd have a case with relevant documentation (I've done this before at T5).

Best option for you is to check out the Lounge Meet Up thread.
Old Feb 15, 15, 2:57 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
You could nip up to a domestic or Europe location on Monday or Tuesday, that would probably push you over in time for Friday. Cheapest I can spot is 50 for LGW to EDI on Monday. But for that money you could have a good time in one of the various paid-for watering holes in T5.
Old Feb 15, 15, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador
You have to actually be Silver to be eligible for lounge access.
Old Feb 15, 15, 3:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold....er now Silver...er now Bronze
Originally Posted by Smasha314 View Post

any suggestions on approach and how to ask?
The best approach is not to ask.
Old Feb 15, 15, 4:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold, BMI Blue, Hilton Gold
I agree with the posts above - when I've flown flights that would take me to Gold which haven't posted they have let me in, but I wouldn't ask if I was short....
Old Feb 15, 15, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by shorthauldad View Post
Stand at the bottom of the escalator and accost politely ask all the passing status pax if they'll guest you into a lounge?

I will not bite this time
Old Feb 15, 15, 5:13 pm

Programs: BA Brown
As G1 says, you are not silver, you are still bronze, so you might as well be 295 short as you will still be bronze then.

FP
Old Feb 15, 15, 5:19 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Silver
Originally Posted by shorthauldad View Post

That happened to me last Monday eve. About five people all asking everyone who got on the elevator. First time for me.
Old Feb 15, 15, 5:29 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
Originally Posted by thatsthebadger View Post
That happened to me last Monday eve. About five people all asking everyone who got on the elevator. First time for me.
At LHR? T5 has its faults, but it's not that bad. You can at least buy a meal and a drink there (and shop like shopping is going out of fashion, if that floats your boat).
Old Feb 16, 15, 4:10 am
Original Poster

I know I am 5 points short, but this flight will take me to silver, just kinda asking for recognition of this flight's status points before I get on .... clearly from all you responses, not!

thanks for the info, so general consensus is don't waste my time asking ...
Old Feb 16, 15, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Smasha314 View Post
I know I am 5 points short, but this flight will take me to silver, just kinda asking for recognition of this flight's status points before I get on ...
You're just kinda asking for recognition in advance, of something that will only be recognised after you've got there.

And remember that it may take a day or two for your flights to post to your account, and then it may take a further day or two before your new status shows. Only when your new status shows will you be eligible for lounge access. Having the points post to your account isn't enough, and flying the flights but not having the points post to your account certainly isn't enough.

Search this Thread