FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Eligible Flights Question (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1654677-eligible-flights-question.html)

DOHUA Feb 13, 2015 8:59 am

Eligible Flights Question

Hi Everyone,

Had a look online and couldn't see an answer to this, so a quick question.

I have just reached 600 tp's for the first time after escaping the clutches of another airline and a freak 8 months of more travel than usual. :p My account is reflecting the 600tp's but says I have only done 3 out of the 4 necessary eligible flights.

Now, I have only flown 3 eligible flights since I hit bronze, but I have done far more than 4 since the start of my earning year.

Is this a problem I need to contact BA about or is it a case of needing 4 eligible flights after hitting bronze? Flying MAN-LHR-DXB on Sunday so was hoping to use the lounge for the first time but maybe I will have to wait a bit longer! :D

Thanks in advance,

DOHUA

r00ty Feb 13, 2015 9:06 am

My understanding would have had it as 4 eligible flights in the earning year.

Check your statement and then contact them if you have doubts (using the list of flights from the TP statement).

It might be a leftover bug from the days of points resets on reaching a tier.

KARFA Feb 13, 2015 9:06 am

Have you flown 4 eligible flights?

Eligible flights are defined as those flights marketed or operated by British Airways and those flights marketed and operated by Iberia.
•'Marketed' means the flight will have a BA flight number (in your itinerary or on your ticket).
•'Operated' means the aircraft that you travel on is a British Airways aircraft (including franchises and BACityflyer).
•'Marketed and operated by Iberia' means the flight will have an IB flight number and the aircraft you travel on is an Iberia aircraft (including franchises).

Reward bookings and agency or industry discounted bookings are not eligible.

paul4040 Feb 13, 2015 9:16 am

Eligible Flights Question

This is a well known bug. The counter shows (wrongly) how many qualifying sectors you have flown since you last changed status.

It is sectors flown in your membership year that matters. Give it three days.

DOHUA Feb 13, 2015 9:18 am

Thanks guys, yep I have flown around 20 BA operated flights but almost all on the cheapest economy tickets, does that matter?

DOHUA Feb 13, 2015 9:19 am

Thanks Paul, that explains it!

KARFA Feb 13, 2015 9:20 am

Originally Posted by DOHUA (Post 24345038)
Thanks guys, yep I have flown around 20 BA operated flights but almost all on the cheapest economy tickets, does that matter?

No. If you have done 4 or more revenue eligible flights in your current earning year then you should be fine. No idea why you are stuck on 3. Probably best to call and question.

EDIT: paul4040 has worked it out

DOHUA Feb 13, 2015 9:25 am

Thanks for your help anyways Karfa, much appreciated, hopefully it will be sorted by Sunday night.