Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Just when you thought you'd seen it all... (eBay)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Just when you thought you'd seen it all... (eBay)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2015, 2:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by Leeski
I just use my Nectar card or Clubcard for this, as I have copious spares at home!
Originally Posted by paulwuk
Some hotels require a card to turn the power on, but don't check its a valid door card. It's useful for that.
I just strategically fold the little paper envelope the room key comes in.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 3:12 am

Originally Posted by oubsc22m
Maybe not, but I suppose it depends how vindictive the large organisation would want to be. Pour encourager les autres!
I have a collection of vintage movie posters and they all have "property of the National Screen Service" or something similar printed on them. That doesn't stop people buying/selling them, even through major auction houses and I've never heard of one of them being raided.

BA and their lawyers have bigger fish to fry.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 3:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Silver
Late autumn we had a big clear out in my house which turned into a mini competition between myself and SWMBO as to who could make the most cash in the process. I sold 3 Gold luggage tags for Ł17, Ł21 & 13 via ebay auctions.

I just used nail polish removal and cotton wool to remove the name and number.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 3:49 am

Under Offer status it states Declined?
Old Feb 13, 2015, 3:53 am

Originally Posted by RDinJER
I just used nail polish removal and cotton wool to remove the name and number.
I've found the cards lose the name and number merely by living in a wallet for a few months.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 4:03 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by Polomarc
Under Offer status it states Declined?
They have listed a Buy It Now price of Ł79.99 but are also accepting any offers, the price of which is not publicly displayed which the seller can accept or decline. The offers could all be for Ł0.01.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 4:35 am

Originally Posted by nux
They have listed a Buy It Now price of Ł79.99 but are also accepting any offers, the price of which is not publicly displayed which the seller can accept or decline. The offers could all be for Ł0.01.
Thanks, forgot how Ebay works.
Wonder how much a used card with a laminated A4 of lounges & airport visits would go for?
Old Feb 13, 2015, 6:47 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
At least they'll smell good:

All my Items are from a Smoke And Pet Free Home
Old Feb 14, 2015, 5:25 am

Programs: BA Ex Club Gold, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Diamond, Avis Presidents Circle
Out of curiosity, what are peoples views on the following scenario?

A frequent flyer gets to GGL level and is offered the partner Gold or Silver cards, but has nobody to give them too, or no one they know are interested in them. Would it be unreasonable for them to sell the opportunity to have the cards to someone who may not travel enough to get lounge access etc in their own right, but who might be interested in paying to have a card?

I hasten to add that I am not in this position - I have several people jockeying for position should I ever get to the dizzy heights of GGL!
Old Feb 14, 2015, 5:33 am

Programs: ABBA
That would be highly imorral and most likely get you thrown out of the club if caught.

Family? Collegues? Friends? Sure.
Old Feb 14, 2015, 6:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by sheppy26
Out of curiosity, what are peoples views on the following scenario?

A frequent flyer gets to GGL level and is offered the partner Gold or Silver cards, but has nobody to give them too, or no one they know are interested in them. Would it be unreasonable for them to sell the opportunity to have the cards to someone who may not travel enough to get lounge access etc in their own right, but who might be interested in paying to have a card?

I hasten to add that I am not in this position - I have several people jockeying for position should I ever get to the dizzy heights of GGL!
They have been openly auctioned for charity before and I'm pretty certain they'll also have been given out for certain favours in return as well. Doing such a thing through Ebay would be silly though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.