Thank god for great crews

Old Feb 12, 15, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Location: Manchester but from Yorkshire better known as Gods country
Programs: BA Gold, , Sandals plat
Thank god for great crews

Having just enjoyed my second family holiday booked through BA.COM I have yet again been left frustrated at the ineptness of the back room team. I posted this after my Christmas trip

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ode-share.html

Incidentally still no compensation for Involuntary down grade with both sides blaming each other customer relations in BA blatantly lying to me but I follow up on this over later when I finally get it sorted.

On this occasion I added our latest grand daughter to the booking after she was born and received a confirmation to changes to the booking email. I was then telephoned every three or so days re which hotel room the baby was going in. After each call I calmly explained that I had passed on this information during the previous calls and I was told it was a systems failure.

On the day of the flight one of my daughters whom had had a very traumatic time with premature twins and was having her first holiday in almost two years and the families very first ever business class experience. We all 19 presented ourselves for check in and although we were on three tickets too speed things up we were spread across several desks. On my daughters booking there were 4 adults two children and three infants. My son ,wife and the new born were checked and off to the lounge, when it became apparent there was a problem. Yet again BA had not ticketed properly and whilst they had added the new baby they didn't issue the ticket. As a result my daughter, her husband, two babies and two other children under six had to stand at the desk (Over 1 hour) whilst this was sorted which was done leaving them just enough time to make it to the gate. So what was to be a one off experience visiting the lounge was spoilt.

Any way rant over back to my original title. The cabin crew were so fantastic that this incident was quickly forgotten, but it's time the back office product/teams upped their game to deliver the consistency the the professional product the guys at the sharp and striving to do
Old Feb 12, 15, 11:13 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by PJSMITH0 View Post
Yet again BA had not ticketed properly and whilst they had added the new baby they didn't issue the ticket. As a result my daughter, her husband, two babies and two other children under six had to stand at the desk (Over 1 hour) whilst this was sorted which was done leaving them just enough time to make it to the gate. So what was to be a one off experience visiting the lounge was spoilt.
I am very glad this worked out ok in the end but I can only imagine the annoyance at the check in experience, it tends to induce panic even when everything is actually going to be OK. And of course it should never have happened. Did you try OLCI beforehand? If so, was there a message there about the booking being unticketed?
Old Feb 12, 15, 11:16 am

Programs: BA Bronze, HHonors Gold, VS Red.
Unrelated however, next time you do a trip with 19... I suggest you speak to the Groups Team, who will probably do you a very healthy deal on one booking.
Old Feb 12, 15, 11:20 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
The "lounge experience" is highly overrated.

Problems like this are the reason one gets to the airport early. I am glad you had the foresight to do that and avoid major problems.

Search this Thread