Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why can BA customer relation be like AA?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2015, 10:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold (GGL/CCR), HHonors Diamond
Why can BA customer relation be like AA?

So I had a flight on February 2nd from DFW to PVR, which ended up delayed 3 hours and 55 minutes, initial due to bad batteries for the navigation system. Then they switched us to another plane, which just had arrived from PVR. So cleaning, international security search (drugs anyone?), etc dragged on. The they lost the catering between gate D29 and D21. So we ended up taking off 3 hours and 50 minutes late and arrived another 5 minutes later.

What annoyed me the most was the less than stellar communication towards the last 2 hours of this delay by the gate agents. I had multiple updates on the mobile app that the departure was sliding further back and back.

Last night I felt bored enough to finally write to customer relations about that. Less than 9 hours later I had a reply. And minutes later a voucher to use at a later point, which I didn't ask for.

Why can't BA answer customer relation contacts in such a timely manner?
Old Feb 10, 2015, 10:23 am

Be careful of what you wish for......................

http://www.frugaltravelguy.com/2015/...-me-crack.html
Old Feb 10, 2015, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold (GGL/CCR), HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by bealine
Be careful of what you wish for......................

http://www.frugaltravelguy.com/2015/...-me-crack.html
As the article writer says on the top, he puts AA agents usual at the top. And my comparison wasn't about phone agents (booking) but about customer relation contacts. How long does BA take to answer anything? Even for GGL status holders I have never heard of anything than several days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.