Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 25, 2018, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This gives the lounges options available for BA passengers departing from LHR T3. If you flight is departing from T3 you will not have access to the T5 lounges - including Concorde Room - since you must have a same-day T5 boarding pass to get airside in T5. If your flight is from T3, then you need to use the T3 lounges, your boarding pass will not work in T5. As it happens there is a good range of lounges available in T3, details below.

For breakfast options for BA Gold / Emerald / First travellers, there is a photo guide in post 291, click here. Note the Qantas lounge only opens at 08:00 hrs.

LHR Terminal 3 First Class Lounges

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...e-reviews.html

LHR Terminal 3 Business Class Lounges

Print Wikipost

Best T3 OneWorld Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2019, 5:39 am
tor

Lounge Access at T3 Heathrow

BA silver here.

I'm flying Finnair to Helsinki from T3. I have a long layover and I was going to try out a few of the Oneworld lounges - is this possible? i.e. Cathay, Qantas and American Airlines for instance.

Or will it only allow me one lounge access, with one boarding pass? I.e. when the boarding pass is scanned, does that give access once?
GlobalMatt likes this.

Last edited by tor; Jul 26, 2019 at 7:35 am
Old Jul 26, 2019, 5:45 am

Programs: BA Gold
You can use as many as you like until you discover the Cathay lounge is the best!
Old Jul 26, 2019, 6:28 am

Programs: BA Gold / OW Emerald
Originally Posted by Ajm1987
You can use as many as you like until you discover the Cathay lounge is the best!
... but QF has barista coffee, AA has normal-size water bottles, paper coffee cups, and candy all of which may be desirable to take with you on the plane
Old Jul 26, 2019, 6:55 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Yes, you can visit them all.
I highly recommend Cathay for the noodle bar and a nice glass of champagne or one of their cocktails then next door to Qantas for a great gin and tonic and their fantastic squid dish.
BorisBrownBear and AJA_ like this.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 9:47 am

Programs: Mucci Diamond Hairbrush. And Nouveau Bronze
Gin is not my thing but the gin bar in the Qantas lounge looks amazing. The cocktail bar upstairs is excellent too.

Cathay wins for food offerings and general ambiance/decor IMO.
GlobalMatt likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 9:49 am

Programs: All the usual suspects
And AA for the wifi
Old Jul 26, 2019, 9:52 am

Programs: AA EXP/OWE, Marriott Ambassador
I'd certainly find your way to The Cathay lounge, but just be aware of your gate as it can take some time to get to/from once it's posted to the departure boards. They have great capacity controls which helps mitigate overcrowding. If you're flying in F on OW, whether fully paid or on miles/points, you will have a superior dining experience in their F lounge. Since you're a BA Silver (OW Sapphire), you are permitted 1 additional guest. You both must be ticked on a same-day, outbound OW (marketed or operated) flight. The business lounge is also superior to the other options in the terminal. The bathrooms and showers are some of the nicest I've used.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 9:55 am

Can you use T3 lounges if your flight is from T5?
Old Jul 26, 2019, 10:25 am

Programs: Mucci Diamond Hairbrush. And Nouveau Bronze
Originally Posted by oruvin
No, alas. Different buildings, some distance apart, and the lounges are all airside at both.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 2:21 pm

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
The mods are a bit slow tonight in merging this latest T3 'which lounge' thread

To be fair I've picked up a few nuggets along the way, never knew Qantas didn't count children, missed a trick there... and now none of my flippin' holiday flights go from that terminal. Typical...
Old Jul 26, 2019, 2:34 pm

Programs: BA Gold
The AA lounge is one notch better than an average public school canteen.

Good view though!
Fatdickie likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 2:00 am

Programs: BD Gold, BAEC Gold, Hilton HHonors
+1 for Cathay lounge, though without access to the first class area (need to be OW Emerald / BA Gold / ticketed F) I think Qantas lounge probably wins in T3
BorisBrownBear likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 2:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by oruvin
I realise that the search function is a bit poor on Flyertalk, but this gets asked (and answered) about once a week. There are numerous threads if you can find them.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 4:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by eugegall

Good view though!
Interesting description !

Makes one wonder what your assessment might be of the BA facility in T3 ..... the lounge which so few FT-ers even bother to mention. One notch below an average public school canteen, perhaps .....
Old Jul 27, 2019, 6:00 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by eugegall
I always did wonder why the AA (J or F) lounge gets so much grief whereas the equally disappointing BA (J or F) gets so much credit. If anything the AA J lounge has a breakfast buffet over those horrible BA bullet bacon rolls.

Personally, If I wanted something like eggs benny and had access to an F lounge, I'd probably choose AA. Though this is before the CX or QR lounges being open so never tried their choices...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.