Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 25, 2018, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This gives the lounges options available for BA passengers departing from LHR T3. If you flight is departing from T3 you will not have access to the T5 lounges - including Concorde Room - since you must have a same-day T5 boarding pass to get airside in T5. If your flight is from T3, then you need to use the T3 lounges, your boarding pass will not work in T5. As it happens there is a good range of lounges available in T3, details below.

For breakfast options for BA Gold / Emerald / First travellers, there is a photo guide in post 291, click here. Note the Qantas lounge only opens at 08:00 hrs.

LHR Terminal 3 First Class Lounges

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...e-reviews.html

LHR Terminal 3 Business Class Lounges

Print Wikipost

Best T3 OneWorld Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2019, 5:28 am

Programs: Aadvantage platinum; IHG Spire
We have swapped guests before in the same lounge - my partner took his mum in to the BA 1st lounge for a glass of champagne then brought her out and went back in with his dad. He had no problems.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 5:58 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Cathay aren't bothered about guesting family members - provided they are not too busy, so you should be able to invite both without issue. Ditto American incidentally. The plan as explained isn't one that I could endorse.

Alternatively buy lounge access in T3.
mcgahat likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 7:09 am
Jed

Programs: BA Gold, AA 1MM lifetime gold, Starwood gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Qantas will also allow children under 18, without them counting as your guest.

I wouldn’t recommend substituting guests in and out , as that is not the intention of the guesting system.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 7:55 am

Programs: AB BA Waterloo Mama Mia
I do not need to leave daughter in the lounge as I can remain with her and then have her wait in the common area while I guest my wife in ...is the swapping out guests inappropriate and an abuse? I personally have long layovers up to 9 hours - do I myself have in out privileges if I want to leave and return to a lounge?
Old Jun 11, 2019, 8:00 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by testycal
I do not need to leave daughter in the lounge as I can remain with her and then have her wait in the common area while I guest my wife in ...is the swapping out guests inappropriate and an abuse?
It's not the worst crime in the world but, yes, I would say that swapping out guests is an abuse of the lounge system. It's intended for you and someone travelling with you to relax before a flight, not for your entire family to take turns to eat and drink at BA's expense.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 8:12 am

You can take them all into the Qantas lounge at the same time, no problem.

As someone else said, Qantas don't count under 18s as guests.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
I do not need to leave daughter in the lounge as I can remain with her and then have her wait in the common area while I guest my wife in ...is the swapping out guests inappropriate and an abuse? I personally have long layovers up to 9 hours - do I myself have in out privileges if I want to leave and return to a lounge?
Many people believe it is (or should be) one guest not one guest at a time or one guest per lounge. Someday BA/AA/QF etc will get together and stop lounge hopping and insist on a passenger being able to only use one lounge for free and if you want to hop around then charge for additional lounge visits.

Of course you can go in and out as much as you like. Many of us do nip out to say visit duty free or just stretch our legs on a long layover.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 9:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
Many people believe it is (or should be) one guest not one guest at a time or one guest per lounge. Someday BA/AA/QF etc will get together and stop lounge hopping and insist on a passenger being able to only use one lounge for free and if you want to hop around then charge for additional lounge visits.

Of course you can go in and out as much as you like. Many of us do nip out to say visit duty free or just stretch our legs on a long layover.
i doubt that would happen as the One World rules govern interoperability but if BA get ‘invoiced for OP + x from one lounge and OP + y for another they could deem it to be against the rules and impose sanctions, downgrades of tiers etc.

The other thing they might do is invoke capacity and direct you to your carriers lounge. AA have been very keen for me to visit the BA lounge on my last few visits. On visiting A.A. F on the Gibraltar do, I asked to speak to the lounge manager to compliment the staff in the dining room. We had a chat, I told her what we were doing and she walked me down to the QF lounge as her cousin was the lounge dragon there. On a subsequent visit when trying to gain entry I was told it was busy and the lounge manager just happened to be walking past and welcomed me back and without being party to the previous conversation beckoned for me to go to the Flagship lounge to get daggers from the lady on the desk. The lounge wasn’t busy at all.
:D! likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 9:09 am

Programs: AB BA Waterloo Mama Mia
Thank you for the thoughtful comments. Family and I rarely travel together and I wanted to show them how the other half lives while I still have status. I certainly can pay for Aspire access if need be but the purpose is not to load up on free food and drinks rather a new and interesting experience.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Perhaps when T3 eventually gets fully redeveloped it will have a single OW lounge and lounge hopping problem solved!
Old Jun 11, 2019, 9:13 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Thank you for the thoughtful comments. Family and I rarely travel together and I wanted to show them how the other half lives while I still have status. I certainly can pay for Aspire access if need be but the purpose is not to load up on free food and drinks rather a new and interesting experience.
As others have said here Qantas have no problem with family members.
Visited all three Business lounges last week and have to say on the day Qantas was the winner if only for the wonderful squid dish, great aromatic G&T's and, above all, amazing attentive staff.
EDIT: All though this does vary from trip to trip and, IMO, is massively dependent on how busy each is so look at QA and CX flight times to choose wisely.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 9:18 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
...is the swapping out guests inappropriate and an abuse? I personally have long layovers up to 9 hours - do I myself have in out privileges if I want to leave and return to a lounge?
The second part is absolutely fine, yes you have in and our privileges. And, as it happens so does your guest, so long as it is the same guest. I can't speak for CX, AA, QF, but I know BA regard swapping out as an abuse, it is tracked in FLY, and people have had their cards seized if it is blatant.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 9:21 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
It's because of the small minority that abuse the system that airlines are constantly tightening up the rules and removing perks
Grace B, YacozA and jwhite9185 like this.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ajeleonard
It's because of the small minority that abuse the system that airlines are constantly tightening up the rules and removing perks
Indeed.

With VS the guest has to be on the same flight as the host (and yes they do check and yes they do enforce it).
Old Jun 11, 2019, 9:45 am

I have a similar conundrum. I am flying out next week with a fox, a chicken and a bag of grain. I would like to take them all into the lounge but I can only carry one at a time.

I can’t leave the fox and chicken together unattended as the fox will eat the chicken, and likewise I can’t leave the chicken and grain together unattended as the chicken will eat the grain. Is there any way I can get all three into the lounge?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.