Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 25, 2018, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This gives the lounges options available for BA passengers departing from LHR T3. If you flight is departing from T3 you will not have access to the T5 lounges - including Concorde Room - since you must have a same-day T5 boarding pass to get airside in T5. If your flight is from T3, then you need to use the T3 lounges, your boarding pass will not work in T5. As it happens there is a good range of lounges available in T3, details below.

For breakfast options for BA Gold / Emerald / First travellers, there is a photo guide in post 291, click here. Note the Qantas lounge only opens at 08:00 hrs.

LHR Terminal 3 First Class Lounges

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...e-reviews.html

LHR Terminal 3 Business Class Lounges

Print Wikipost

Best T3 OneWorld Lounge

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2019, 3:10 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
Originally Posted by KARFA
Current LHR CX F champagnes. Prefer the LP, nice crisp and clean. The Vesselles is drinkable but slightly yeasty nose I don’t like. Not a big rose fan but Layton’s is good, not too sweet which is what I dislike with most rose. My preferred is LP by a clear margin; but the other two are worth trying.
Great testing. See, I luved the Vesselles for its nose. Thought what a great surprise .
Always good to have a choice ..
I totally agree on the rose
Old May 1, 2019, 3:13 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
These Goldies just get everywhere I'm afraid, but there are some snippets about life outside of the Emerald track if you look for them. AA indeed do those sorts of US style breakfast items and their catering company has a good reputation. It can be quite busy however, since their passenger peak is earlier than the other lounges.
Thanks a lot. Clear to me now. We'll see what we fancy on the day before heading in. I'll grab a few photos to add to the thread if I get the chance.
Old May 3, 2019, 3:31 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Called in to AA initially, as we fancied a few pancakes. Unfortunately, the choice was limited and no pancakes were to be found.

Moved over to Qantas instead, where the coffee was delicious and the buffet much more appealing. The overall atmosphere of the place is on another level to the AA lounge.

No chance to compare the CX lounge for breakfast unfortunately, but a thumbs up for QF regardless.
Old May 3, 2019, 11:19 am

Hi. In terms of good runway views, in what order would people place the lounges? Thanks.
Old May 3, 2019, 11:42 am

Programs: Mucci, Diamond Status & on the Supreme Council des Conseillers, BA Ag, Bonvoy GFL/Plat, xVS Au
Originally Posted by northeastflyer
Hi. In terms of good runway views, in what order would people place the lounges? Thanks.
Cathay. No contest.
Old May 3, 2019, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by KeaneJohn

I would say CX J Lounge for breakfast, you will have sausage, beans, scrambled eggs, bacon as hot items probably mushrooms too as well as the typical cold (smoothies, detox shots, yoghurts in the fridge). They have a manned bar with Moët I believe and a range of cocktails. I’d thoroughly recommend their Bloody Mary and.Expresso Martini.

Dont think QF Lounge will be open then and it’s been a while since I’ve been in BA J or AA J for breakfast.
Was there for brekkie a few weeks ago and was very impressed with the quality of food - leagues ahead of BA GC. Asian scrambled eggs with chilli a particular highlight
Old May 3, 2019, 1:52 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by northeastflyer
Originally Posted by gliderpilot
Cathay. No contest.
Or the BA First Lounge dining room since that has a runway view.
KeaneJohn and TravelManBiz like this.
Old May 3, 2019, 1:57 pm

Programs: UA *G, BA Silver
I was in the Cathay lounge this morning – their breakfast menu is nothing like what it was, but the food is still excellent.

What I have never seen comments on here is the Cathay showers which have monsoonal rain heads. They are not as spacious as some other lounge showers (Qantas F lounge at LAX, for example), but they are well laid out and seriously wake you up! I now know that I'd rather shower at the Cathay lounge than at the hotel before I leave for the airport.
Old May 4, 2019, 11:29 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Hi,

Just wanted to share my experience recently when I had a layover of about 6 hours at T3. This is with assumption of Emerald/First class cabin situation.

I arrived around 3 pm in LHR, my recommendation would be to in the following order if you want to lounge hop.

1- Qantas lounge - if you are in for the Gin&Tonics [other than that, I find this lounge to be substandard compared to their other lounges. I did not like their salt&pepper squid here and the lounge was packed after 5pm]. I had to wait for my turn to take a shower later in the evening - which I believe there is no wait in the other lounges.
2 - BA First section - it is not too busy and it is what it is on offer. I was mainly here for my spa appointment and stayed just a bit.
3. Cathay First section - this is the better lounge out of all 3 due to the relatively calm lounge even though they had a delayed flight on my day, I still found chairs and it was calm.
4. AA First - only if you have/want to visit all 4 OW lounges in T3.

Cheers!
Old May 19, 2019, 6:55 am

Just wondering if anyone has / could point me to a recent menu for CX F lounge T3?

Cheers
Old May 19, 2019, 7:33 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by andymcdonnell
Just wondering if anyone has / could point me to a recent menu for CX F lounge T3?

Cheers
collection of F lounge menus in this thread:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...e-menus-6.html
Old Jun 11, 2019, 3:59 am

Programs: AB BA Waterloo Mama Mia
T3 Heathrow One World lounge hopping

Am I breaching any rules if I invite my 14 year old daughter into Galleries...have lunch with her and leave her there while I invite my wife into Cathay lounge space permitting there and then returning to Galleries to meet up with my daughter there later?
Old Jun 11, 2019, 4:10 am

Originally Posted by testycal
Am I breaching any rules if I invite my 14 year old daughter into Galleries...have lunch with her and leave her there while I invite my wife into Cathay lounge space permitting there and then returning to Galleries to meet up with my daughter there later?
Yes, assuming you have normal guesting privileges you are breaking the 'one guest' rule. It's not one guest per lounge, or even one guest at a time. It's just one passenger.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 4:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by testycal
You also need to be careful leaving an unaccompanied minor in the lounges. Most likely breaching UK licensing rules.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 5:27 am

Programs: BA Bronze, IHG Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by bhbloke
You also need to be careful leaving an unaccompanied minor in the lounges. Most likely breaching UK licensing rules.
As International Airports (airside, anyway) are exempt from most provisions of the Licensing Act 2003, I think that's unlikely. Whether it's a sensible thing to do or not is another matter!

A teenager alone in e.g. a pub is unlikely to break the pub's licence anyway. Some pubs have their own rules of course, and nearly always blame 'licensing laws' for simply not wanting kids in their pub.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.