Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 25, 2018, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This gives the lounges options available for BA passengers departing from LHR T3. If you flight is departing from T3 you will not have access to the T5 lounges - including Concorde Room - since you must have a same-day T5 boarding pass to get airside in T5. If your flight is from T3, then you need to use the T3 lounges, your boarding pass will not work in T5. As it happens there is a good range of lounges available in T3, details below.

For breakfast options for BA Gold / Emerald / First travellers, there is a photo guide in post 291, click here. Note the Qantas lounge only opens at 08:00 hrs.

LHR Terminal 3 First Class Lounges

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...e-reviews.html

LHR Terminal 3 Business Class Lounges

Print Wikipost

Best T3 OneWorld Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2019, 3:23 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
CX Lounge changes over at 11:30
sotonjoe likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 4:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Anyone know when the QF lounge a la carte dinner starts being served from and if it is available to non QF ticketed passengers?
Old Apr 21, 2019, 4:24 pm

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Originally Posted by doctoravios
Some bad news for those of you who like The Botanist. Qantas have stopped serving it in their T3 lounge. Here is the most recent gin bar menu:

Pfftt hardly a top notch selection there
Old Apr 21, 2019, 5:21 pm

I've been skipping the CX F reataurest lately for early afternoon flights in favor of AA F. AA serve the same menu all day, meaning you can have breakfast past 12noon. The full English bap is really quite good. Plus I like to grab a couple of evian bottles for the flight.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 10:52 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
Relaxing in t3

Good morning society
I pretty much know all the T3 ow lounges.. In respect of champagne 🥂😍🤔
What if it comes down to laying down?
I can't really recall a real rest area anywhere besides the one pay lounge.
Which is in ur opinion the best place to rest?
Arriving today at t5 around 9..and flying out of t3 to Mia after 4?
Thnx
Old Apr 29, 2019, 2:18 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Vasco Pridat
Good morning society
I pretty much know all the T3 ow lounges.. In respect of champagne 🥂😍🤔
What if it comes down to laying down?
I can't really recall a real rest area anywhere besides the one pay lounge.
Which is in ur opinion the best place to rest?
Arriving today at t5 around 9..and flying out of t3 to Mia after 4?
Thnx
A hotel!

In all seriousness, I don’t recall seeing a rest-type area in any of them, so I would recommend considering it.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 2:31 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold
Originally Posted by Neilgcal
Anyone know when the QF lounge a la carte dinner starts being served from and if it is available to non QF ticketed passengers?
I think it's about 18:30 last time I was in there. It's available to everyone.
Old May 1, 2019, 6:59 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Current LHR CX F champagnes. Prefer the LP, nice crisp and clean. The Vesselles is drinkable but slightly yeasty nose I don’t like. Not a big rose fan but Layton’s is good, not too sweet which is what I dislike with most rose. My preferred is LP by a clear margin; but the other two are worth trying.

Last edited by KARFA; May 1, 2019 at 9:03 am
Old May 1, 2019, 2:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
We'll be in T3 on Friday morning. Which is the best business class lounge for breakfast?
Old May 1, 2019, 2:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by bigwalrus
We'll be in T3 on Friday morning. Which is the best business class lounge for breakfast?
36 pages of previous comments, I'm sure the answer is here already. Why not just check out a couple for yourself and see what you like.
Old May 1, 2019, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by dougzz
36 pages of previous comments, I'm sure the answer is here already. Why not just check out a couple for yourself and see what you like.
Checking on a mobile, with posts spanning over 4 years and mostly focussed on the F lounges, the search was unfortunately fruitless.
Old May 1, 2019, 2:31 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer

Checking on a mobile, with posts spanning over 4 years and mostly focussed on the F lounges, the search was unfortunately fruitless.
Probably Cathay is the short answer but scanning upwards a few pages will give you the idea. Qantas if it's not too early and you prefer lighter, healthier options. If you have family with you a case could be made for American due to the sweets and American food options. Just check your belongings before departure.....
bigwalrus likes this.
Old May 1, 2019, 2:50 pm

Programs: BAEC - Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Just check your belongings before departure.....
Really?! Have things gone walkies in there?

And yes, I’d agree with Cathay if you fancy a bit of a fry-up and some drinks, or Qantas if you want a fabulous fry-up combined with other choices. I’d probably settle on the side of Qantas for breakfast as the choice is superb; there’s a wider range of cooked items than Cathay. Then pop into Cathay if you fancy a cocktail or two.
bigwalrus likes this.
Old May 1, 2019, 3:00 pm

Thanks, both. Qantas sounds like the best option I reckon. What “American food options” are available in the AA business lounge? Are we talking pancakes, bacon and maple syrup?

I can see the posts above with breakfast but they all appear to be F dining rather than J breakfast buffet, or am I missing something?
Old May 1, 2019, 3:05 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Thanks, both. Qantas sounds like the best option I reckon. What “American food options” are available in the AA business lounge? Are we talking pancakes, bacon and maple syrup?

I can see the posts above with breakfast but they all appear to be F dining rather than J breakfast buffet, or am I missing something?
These Goldies just get everywhere I'm afraid, but there are some snippets about life outside of the Emerald track if you look for them. AA indeed do those sorts of US style breakfast items and their catering company has a good reputation. It can be quite busy however, since their passenger peak is earlier than the other lounges.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.