Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 25, 2018, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This gives the lounges options available for BA passengers departing from LHR T3. If you flight is departing from T3 you will not have access to the T5 lounges - including Concorde Room - since you must have a same-day T5 boarding pass to get airside in T5. If your flight is from T3, then you need to use the T3 lounges, your boarding pass will not work in T5. As it happens there is a good range of lounges available in T3, details below.

For breakfast options for BA Gold / Emerald / First travellers, there is a photo guide in post 291, click here. Note the Qantas lounge only opens at 08:00 hrs.

LHR Terminal 3 First Class Lounges

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...e-reviews.html

LHR Terminal 3 Business Class Lounges

Print Wikipost

Best T3 OneWorld Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2019, 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by florens
LP now available at the self pour bar. Confused!
Laurent Perrier, Joseph Perrier and Layton brut rose all self pour in CX F this morning... no a drop of Moët in sight which pleases me 😝 although I do miss the berry bros and rudd a little
lkrt likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 8:07 am

Programs: BAEC Gold-GGL
My partner and I did CX, QF and AA lounges at the end of January on our way out to Oz. Arrived at LHR about 1230 and flight was scheduled for1750 - plenty of time to shop and relax.

Had lunch in CX with a cocktail and some fizz. Then on to QF to sample some novel gins (there weren't many I hadn't tried!). Then we made it into AA just in time to catch sunset over the airfield with a lovely glass or two of Saint Emilion.

As we handed over our CX boarding passes to the chap on AA reception, he asked if we were 'doing the lounge tour' and apologised for AA not being as fancy as CX. Seems like it's definitely a common thing and well accepted. None of the lounges were busy - QF and AA pretty much empty.

As we left AA to head to our gate, the chap on reception asked what we thought and I said it was the best location for catching a sunset and the wine was spot on. He was pretty happy with that! And I pinched a few boiled sweets from the bowl on the way out for take off
Old Feb 24, 2019, 12:01 pm

Programs: AB BA Waterloo Mama Mia
Originally Posted by KARFA

have a look at the T3 FCC post in the T5 connections - it shows you how to exit T3 and either head out or to go to the airside buses
Looked but cannot find it..would be obliged when you have a moment to provide a link. Thank you
Old Feb 24, 2019, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by testycal
have a look at the T3 FCC post in the T5 connections - it shows you how to exit T3 and either head out or to go to the airside buses
Looked but cannot find it..would be obliged when you have a moment to provide a link.
A Guide to Connecting at LHR T5

The diagram is at the very bottom of that post.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 12:19 pm

Programs: AB BA Waterloo Mama Mia
Looking to be guested at FRA April 19 2016

Originally Posted by testycal
Looked but cannot find it..would be obliged when you have a moment to provide a link. Thank you

Is it #383 ? If yes, a summary of arriving T3, entering T3 for lounges during lengthy stopover AND then wising to transfer to T5 is appreciated as I am confused by the layout. Starting at T3 main seating area is helpful thank you
Old Mar 1, 2019, 3:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver | Flying Blue Gold | Accor Gold
So, due to a slight booking mishap I'll arive at LHR next monday at 10:25 while my flight to BCN only departs from T3 at 18:20.
Not too fuzzed about going into town as I'd rather check out some of the t3 lounges (never been before!) and work on my dissertation.

Is there a limit on how early you can clear security and how early can you enter lounges?
And which lounge would be the best option to get some work done in a relative calm environment.

Thanks!
Old Mar 1, 2019, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by InsomniaBA
So, due to a slight booking mishap I'll arive at LHR next monday at 10:25 while my flight to BCN only departs from T3 at 18:20.
Not too fuzzed about going into town as I'd rather check out some of the t3 lounges (never been before!) and work on my dissertation.

Is there a limit on how early you can clear security and how early can you enter lounges?
And which lounge would be the best option to get some work done in a relative calm environment.

Thanks!
Hi,

There is no limit especially as you will be connecting.

The Cathay lounge might get a little busy until about 1130-noon ( depending when the first flight to HKG leaves) then will quieten down before getting busier again mid afternoon for the evening flights.
The business lounge ( very far end ) might be a good spot or in the F lounge if yuo go to the windows and walk along to the far end might be ok.

Qantas upstairs might be ok.

Not sure abot AA and there may be a few people dotted around the BA Galleries F lounge.

Regards

TBS
InsomniaBA likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 1:09 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
If working I prefer the AA flagship lounge and sat at the high tables, plenty of space to spread out papers and laptop, lots of power points, and very fast WiFi.
orbitmic and InsomniaBA like this.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 1:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
If working I prefer the AA flagship lounge and sat at the high tables, plenty of space to spread out papers and laptop, lots of power points, and very fast WiFi.
Agreed. Or if wifi is not needed, around the times the OP will be in, I'd say there are actually pretty good chances of space and quiet in the BA lounges.
InsomniaBA likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 2:50 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
I hadn’t appreciated the QF lounge focused on gin. However, went there on Monday as Galleries Club was busy and I had to sit in the bit by the computers (I think they call it the Work & Entertainment Area). Just wanted somewhere comfortable to sit & read my book.

Was v impressed with QF, was directed upstairs & took seat facing the apron - had a Portobello Road G&T and at 1:30pm there were only a handful of others in there.
InsomniaBA likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 4:35 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver | Flying Blue Gold | Accor Gold
Thanks for the input all!
CX for a bite and AA to get some work done it is I guess
Old Apr 4, 2019, 8:37 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
beer choices?

Will be in T3 on Sunday evening, and rather than wine I quite fancy a beer. I'm usually T2 on a Sunday evening, so I know that the LH lounge has Speckled Hen and the SQ lounge has London Pride, but what about the T3 OW lounges?

BA will have Mosaic, which is a fine beer but a rubbish lounge. Anyone know what's available in QF (Little Creatures?) or CX? Or even AA, although I imagine it will be Bud/Bud Light/Coors....

Thanks
Old Apr 4, 2019, 12:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I haven't had a beer in the CX lounge for a while but from memory they had London Pale Ale, San Miguel, Tsingtao, Heineken and Guinness, maybe some others and a cider too. These are all in the fridge in the First lounge not sure what they have behind the bar next door.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 12:46 pm

Programs: Mucci, Diamond Status & on the Supreme Council des Conseillers, BA Ag, Bonvoy GFL/Plat, xVS Au

CX have Carlsberg on tap

Old Apr 5, 2019, 5:18 am

One World member lounges LHR T3

Hi. I'd like a bit or clarification on what choices of other airline lounges I have departing T3 in Club Europe? I had read that I can use a few including CX and QF? Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.