Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 25, 2018, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This gives the lounges options available for BA passengers departing from LHR T3. If you flight is departing from T3 you will not have access to the T5 lounges - including Concorde Room - since you must have a same-day T5 boarding pass to get airside in T5. If your flight is from T3, then you need to use the T3 lounges, your boarding pass will not work in T5. As it happens there is a good range of lounges available in T3, details below.

For breakfast options for BA Gold / Emerald / First travellers, there is a photo guide in post 291, click here. Note the Qantas lounge only opens at 08:00 hrs.

LHR Terminal 3 First Class Lounges

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...e-reviews.html

LHR Terminal 3 Business Class Lounges

Print Wikipost

Best T3 OneWorld Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2019, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

Yes you will (the BA , AA , CX and Qantas Business lounges)

Regards

TBS
Many thanks, sir!
Old Jan 24, 2019, 1:00 pm

Programs: AB BA Waterloo Mama Mia
Re Cathay T3 access, appears Cathay flights leave around 1130 and 430 during the day so that in between these flights would be a sweet spot for OneWorld status access to minimize entry into a busy lounge environment. Confirmation appreciated
Old Jan 24, 2019, 1:15 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by testycal
Re Cathay T3 access, appears Cathay flights leave around 1130 and 430 during the day so that in between these flights would be a sweet spot for OneWorld status access to minimize entry into a busy lounge environment. Confirmation appreciated
The quiet time is nearer 11 hrs to 15 hours, given the way passengers are sent to the gate, though there are occasionally delays. That said all but the AA Clubs are quiet then, AA gets quiet from about 14 hrs onwards. The BA services are fairly well spread through the day, but early afternoons are quiet nevertheless, particularly at weekends.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The quiet time is nearer 11 hrs to 15 hours, given the way passengers are sent to the gate, though there are occasionally delays. That said all but the AA Clubs are quiet then, AA gets quiet from about 14 hrs onwards. The BA services are fairly well spread through the day, but early afternoons are quiet nevertheless, particularly at weekends.
This is excellent information as my AA flight is scheduled to depart LHR at 14:25....
Old Feb 15, 2019, 8:00 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
CX F lounge champagne today. Laurent-Perrier available in sit down are but self pour is this (didn‘t bother to try):

Old Feb 15, 2019, 8:30 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
Originally Posted by florens
CX F lounge champagne today. Laurent-Perrier available in sit down are but self pour is this (didn‘t bother to try):
That's interesting - I was in there on Tuesday and the Laurent-Perrier was available self pour.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 8:59 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
LP now available at the self pour bar. Confused!
Old Feb 15, 2019, 5:09 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by florens
LP now available at the self pour bar. Confused!
It was self pour when I was there last week.

Back at T3 next week for a HEL B2B so will check. :-)
Old Feb 21, 2019, 7:11 am

Programs: US CP and 1MM; HILTON DIAMOND; MARRIOTT PLAT
Flying in J on BA from CPT to LHR arriving in T3. Have 8 hour layover before leaving from T5. Should I just head to T5 to the BA F lounge? or linger in one of the T3 lounges? Any advice on where to shower?
Old Feb 21, 2019, 7:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/ All the AMEX Plat things
Originally Posted by matthans
Flying in J on BA from CPT to LHR arriving in T3. Have 8 hour layover before leaving from T5. Should I just head to T5 to the BA F lounge? or linger in one of the T3 lounges? Any advice on where to shower?
It’s very unlikely you’ll be able to access any of the T3 departure lounges without a T3 boarding pass. You’re only options are the T5 lounges. However eight hours in T5???
My suggestion would to leave any hand luggage upstairs in T3 just before security, I think it’s £7.50 for three hours. Then you could either get the Heathrow Express to central London which is rather expensive or just get the metro/London underground to Hounslow for a fraction of the price. It’s just a 15 min ride to Hounslow with plenty of shops and places to eat. Head back to T3, collect luggage, then get the free train Transfer to T5 for a few hours. Some would suggest a Taxi to Windsor, but that place just isn’t my cup of tea!!
As far as a shower is concerned, as you’re flying in J, you either have the AA arrivals lounge if flying OW or the T3 arrivals lounge which you can acces with AMEX plat. Plenty of showers also in the T5 departure lounge.
subject2load likes this.

Last edited by Finavia; Feb 21, 2019 at 7:45 am
Old Feb 21, 2019, 7:41 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by matthans
CX would be my choice for shower. When you land follow the flight connections to T3 - there's a bp check before the security check, just tell them you've got 8h connection and want to use lounges in T3. Once you're done with shower and lounges, get back to Flight Connection security - there's an exit door to arrivals/flight connections - take the bus to T5 where you will have to re-clear security again - remember, you need to be at the flight connection at T5 no later than 35 minutes before your departure otherwise you'll get automatically offloaded.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 8:59 am

Quick thoughts T3 BA Galleries vs Cathay business lounge

Had a chance yesterday to sample both during a long T3 layover. While Galleries lounge larger, busier and dated in terms of layout (too much going on and needs re fresh), food was plentiful and tasty (there between 1130 and 130) though deserts lacking. Perhaps I did not look hard enough but did not find fresh juices if they are available. No comments on booze as I did not partake. It was busy but still pleasant.

Cathay lounge subdued with not many passengers between 130 and 430. Food good quality but not as varied at Galleries lounge. Coffee machine very efficient and tasty and better desert offerings. Tried made to order noodle bar which is a good alternative to other offerings. Shower was lovely and clean with useful amenities. No garbage bin however!
Old Feb 22, 2019, 9:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum, ALL Gold, Bonvoy Gold Elite, HHonors Gold
I've only ever visited the T3 BA lounge once, and it was honestly bad. Crowded and tatty, it was noisier and more crowded than the terminal waiting area.

Me and m'missus now have a routine of first hitting the CX lounge for noodles, and then wandering either to the Qantas or AA lounges until the flight.

CX lounge has its noodles, and in my opinion, the nicest decor, as well as the ice cream of course. However, I prefer to pour my own drinks rather than having to ask the meek bartender for cocktails before noon, and their snack selection is a bit lacking in my opinion.

The AA lounge has a self-service bar, better snacks and cookies and candies in jars. It was also very quiet around the time we last went. I've also heard good things of the showers and WiFi in the AA lounge, albeit I haven't utilised them personally.

Qantas has got be with their crumbly scones, but they too suffer from a bartender and a heavy focus on having a large selection of gins - which would be great if I liked gin.

Therefore, CX for noodles and the AA for spending time is my go-to routine in T3. YMMV.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by megaloman
CX would be my choice for shower. When you land follow the flight connections to T3 - there's a bp check before the security check, just tell them you've got 8h connection and want to use lounges in T3. Once you're done with shower and lounges, get back to Flight Connection security - there's an exit door to arrivals/flight connections - take the bus to T5 where you will have to re-clear security again - remember, you need to be at the flight connection at T5 no later than 35 minutes before your departure otherwise you'll get automatically offloaded.
get back to Flight Connection security - there's an exit door to arrivals/flight connections - this part confuses me....please elaborate TY
Old Feb 22, 2019, 4:51 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by testycal
get back to Flight Connection security - there's an exit door to arrivals/flight connections - this part confuses me....please elaborate TY
have a look at the T3 FCC post in the T5 connections - it shows you how to exit T3 and either head out or to go to the airside buses

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.