Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 25, 2018, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This gives the lounges options available for BA passengers departing from LHR T3. If you flight is departing from T3 you will not have access to the T5 lounges - including Concorde Room - since you must have a same-day T5 boarding pass to get airside in T5. If your flight is from T3, then you need to use the T3 lounges, your boarding pass will not work in T5. As it happens there is a good range of lounges available in T3, details below.

For breakfast options for BA Gold / Emerald / First travellers, there is a photo guide in post 291, click here. Note the Qantas lounge only opens at 08:00 hrs.

LHR Terminal 3 First Class Lounges

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...e-reviews.html

LHR Terminal 3 Business Class Lounges

Print Wikipost

Best T3 OneWorld Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2019, 1:55 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Anyone recently enter CX F T3 Lounge at LHR at 10 AM? When I last passed through (dec 2018) the lounge dragon would not let me into the F lounge claiming overcrowding. I eventually prevailed but it was quite the fight, and was wondering if that was an isolated incident. (Their flight leaves 11:20).
Old Jan 3, 2019, 2:17 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by beachfan
Anyone recently enter CX F T3 Lounge at LHR at 10 AM? When I last passed through (dec 2018) the lounge dragon would not let me into the F lounge claiming overcrowding. I eventually prevailed but it was quite the fight, and was wondering if that was an isolated incident. (Their flight leaves 11:20).
I was in there on 28.12.18 and it was nearly full by the time we left (0930).
Old Jan 3, 2019, 5:34 am

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Originally Posted by beachfan
I find that it is quite crowded around that time, and usually head to other lounges until around 10:45.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 6:02 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
What does the CX lounge do for breakfast (either in the C or F side)? I've been there for noodles in the afternoon, but I have an 10am AA departure and I am wondering what is the best option for an early departure.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 6:05 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by dcmike
What does the CX lounge do for breakfast (either in the C or F side)? I've been there for noodles in the afternoon, but I have an 10am AA departure and I am wondering what is the best option for an early departure.
You can find the breakfast menu over at the CX Forum:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30503047-post62.html
dcmike likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 6:14 am

Thanks! Chicken Congee seals the deal for me - love it!
Old Jan 3, 2019, 6:23 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by dcmike
Thanks! Chicken Congee seals the deal for me - love it!
There is also a photographic comparison of all the lounges' breakfasts - admittedly with a Western bias - in post 291 above.

Best T3 OneWorld Lounge
dcmike, florens and squawk like this.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 7:10 am

CWS how do you keep up with all this? Thank you!
Old Jan 3, 2019, 12:40 pm

Programs: BAEC: Bronze; Marriott: Gold
I’m guessing time of day and/or day of week could make one lounge appear better than another due to the traffic caused by the host airlines flights.
We’ll be flying BA F to CPT on a Sunday evening, so expecting to be in the lounge between 7 and 8:30pm on the Sunday. Which lounge would be best for this time?

Also, if we were to stick with the BA F lounge, d9 they still serve the full CCR menu to F passengers for pre-flight dining, or is it just the regular lounge menu?

Thanks.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 12:51 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by bakera
I’m guessing time of day and/or day of week could make one lounge appear better than another due to the traffic caused by the host airlines flights.
We’ll be flying BA F to CPT on a Sunday evening, so expecting to be in the lounge between 7 and 8:30pm on the Sunday. Which lounge would be best for this time?

Also, if we were to stick with the BA F lounge, d9 they still serve the full CCR menu to F passengers for pre-flight dining, or is it just the regular lounge menu?

Cathay has flights at 20:30 and 22:00 hrs approx. Qantas has QF2 to SIN at 20:45. On any given day it can be quiet or busy, regardless of flights, it's difficult to be definitive about it. The CCR dinner menu is served to First travellers (and CCR but they need to see the card) if travelling to SA. The CCR lounge menu is also available to anyone in the First lounge.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 1:06 pm

Programs: BAEC: Bronze; Marriott: Gold
Thanks CWS. We may just stick to the BA lounge then for the CCR dinner menu and better wine selection.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 12:07 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Just booked LHR-PRG-LHR and noticed that it leaves from T3. How wonderful, I thought, as I much prefer the T3 GF over T5. A bit of old world charm (or something).. And, I don't particularly like the CX lounge either (must be the odd one out here).
Old Jan 7, 2019, 1:58 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by itsmeitisss
After all the hype on here about the CX lounge, I tried CX F lounge yesterday. I didn't have as much time as I usually have as the terminal was a zoo with a long long queue even for Fast track security. But bearing in mind the hype with people saying it is better than the CCR, I was underwhelmed. It's nice, but I wouldn't say it was better than the CCR. I had teh dim sum basket and the soup, which was very nice, but no Benedict on the menu now. I'm unconvinced in whether it was better than the BA GF in T3. It's smaller for sure. I was flying AY, so I used the CX lounge as their board updates the AY flight, while in BA lounge it lists the AY flight but with no updates. For anyone flying AY through Helsinki, the premium lounge is closed until March, so everyone is squeezed into the main lounge. Much of the seating is reserved for AY's GGL equivalent, and it is a zoo as AY is still selling lounge access. Also no glasses - self service beer, but thin plastic glasses as they have no kitchen while the refurb to the Premium area is done,.
Anyone who says the T3 CX F Lounge is better than the CCR is crazy. The only way the CX lounge is better is for watching planes, being able to sit in front of a window and watch takeoffs is great. Otherwise it's a good First Class Lounge but the CCR is a First Class Lounge+. Furthermore, I don't like having to either eat restaurant food or go to the business class lounge for snacks. I do think it's better than the T3 GF which I find crowded and dingy and badly lit.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 2:15 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by CMK10
Anyone who says the T3 CX F Lounge is better than the CCR is crazy. The only way the ........................................
There is a world of difference between holding a different opinion to your own (and no doubt that of many others too), and being ‘crazy’.

In similar vein, almost all my recent flights on Qatar in J and Oman Air in J (with just a couple of exceptions) were better in all respects than my last BA sector in F.

Always worth remembering that these are not empirical facts or matters of science or mathematics - but merely personal, totally subjective, analysis.

:D! likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 2:41 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The CCR dinner menu is served to First travellers (and CCR but they need to see the card) if travelling to SA. The CCR lounge menu is also available to anyone in the First lounge.
Hang on, so are First Class passengers able to be treated differently in the BA F lounge in T3? I wasn't aware of that. I'm flying F in August to LAS and was just planning the CX lounge, but didn't regard it as anything special having been in all those F lounges as a Gold card member. I assume no LPGS too. That's the bit I miss from T3.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.