Old Feb 25, 2018, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This gives the lounges options available for BA passengers departing from LHR T3. If you flight is departing from T3 you will not have access to the T5 lounges - including Concorde Room - since you must have a same-day T5 boarding pass to get airside in T5. If your flight is from T3, then you need to use the T3 lounges, your boarding pass will not work in T5. As it happens there is a good range of lounges available in T3, details below.

For breakfast options for BA Gold / Emerald / First travellers, there is a photo guide in post 291, click here. Note the Qantas lounge only opens at 08:00 hrs.

LHR Terminal 3 First Class Lounges

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...e-reviews.html

LHR Terminal 3 Business Class Lounges

Print Wikipost

Best T3 OneWorld Lounge

Old Jul 8, 2018, 3:20 pm

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by CMK10

My only complaints are the booze is a little subpar and they're very limited in terms of snacks. They had a full sit down restaurant with a large breakfast menu but if you just want nibbles you're better off elsewhere.
There's a fully stocked and manned bar in the business class section. They make cocktails too. You can ask any staff member to fetch one for you or you can go and get it yourself. Business class section of CX lounge is really nice too - they have a noodle bar there and a full English breakfast buffet in the morning.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 7:53 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by megaloman
There's a fully stocked and manned bar in the business class section. They make cocktails too. You can ask any staff member to fetch one for you or you can go and get it yourself. Business class section of CX lounge is really nice too - they have a noodle bar there and a full English breakfast buffet in the morning.
Ah that's good to know. Thankfully I wasn't all that hungry so the tranquility of the F Lounge (it was just myself and two others) was great but for future reference it's good to know the J area has more amenities.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 11:42 pm

I've only ever used the F Lounge for CX. On my last trip, just before leaving I went for a wander through the J lounge. I liked what I saw sufficiently, that unless I want to eat a full meal in the F dining area, I think I'll just use the J Lounge instead.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 5:44 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by windowontheAside
I've only ever used the F Lounge for CX. On my last trip, just before leaving I went for a wander through the J lounge. I liked what I saw sufficiently, that unless I want to eat a full meal in the F dining area, I think I'll just use the J Lounge instead.
Came to the same conclusion myself recently.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 10:53 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
This BBR own label champagne has replaced the Baron de Rothschild in the CX F lounge - the BBR is very pleasant Moet is also still available.

However, much as I like the CX lounge the wifi speed in there (and in the BA lounge) continues to frustrate. For serious uploaded and downloading it is still the AA lounge which is by far the best;

Old Jul 21, 2018, 10:57 am

How much downloading do you need to do?!
florens and KARFA like this.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 3:04 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Think I read it somewhere, but can't find it now. Does Qantas now limit the hours for their gin bar to when there are QF flights? I'm traveling through on Friday afternoon and trying to decide between QF or CX lounges (or both...)
thanks
Old Jul 23, 2018, 4:56 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by barneyb
Think I read it somewhere, but can't find it now. Does Qantas now limit the hours for their gin bar to when there are QF flights?
Yes it does, and I'm not sure the lunch departure they have the gin bar either, it seems to be an evening event from what I can see. You can tell as you walk past, since if the gin bar is not operating they ask everyone to go upstairs. If you see a reasonable number of people on the entry level floor then almost certainly the gin bar is in operation.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 5:43 am

Programs: BAEC / Hilton Honors / Accor
Originally Posted by barneyb
Think I read it somewhere, but can't find it now. Does Qantas now limit the hours for their gin bar to when there are QF flights? I'm traveling through on Friday afternoon and trying to decide between QF or CX lounges (or both...)
thanks
My last visit to QF a few weeks ago the gin bar closed at 1pm. I'd personally skip QF if the gin bar is closed and just head to Cathay.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 6:27 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by 1HourPhoto
My last visit to QF a few weeks ago the gin bar closed at 1pm. I'd personally skip QF if the gin bar is closed and just head to Cathay.
You can still order a G&T upstairs though.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by florens
Good question for which I don't know the answer.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 6:56 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by 1HourPhoto
Good question for which I don't know the answer.
I was asserting, not asking.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 8:20 am

I was asserting, not asking.
Ha ha I've just read your post again. That's actually good to know. Thanks 👍
Old Jul 23, 2018, 10:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, *A Gold, Hertz President's Circle, HHonors Diamond
[QUOTE=KARFA;29998337]This BBR own label champagne has replaced the Baron de Rothschild in the CX F lounge - the BBR is very pleasant Moet is also still available.

I noticed this on Saturday and can concur that the BBR is very nice indeed.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 2:08 pm

Programs: KLM, BA Silver, Etihad
Yes but don't ask for a White Russian as they are unable to do it I found out on Thursday.

Gin bar was shut until 6pm.

i did the full tour...

BA Flounge, dingy, dirty and tired

Quantas, empty when I went so felt soulless and obviously the "best cocktail bar" can't do a White Russian

AA - 1970

CX J - good varied seating, made to order noodle bar good

CX F - heaven for comfort and meals (if only the JW Blue was there)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.