Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 25, 2018, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This gives the lounges options available for BA passengers departing from LHR T3. If you flight is departing from T3 you will not have access to the T5 lounges - including Concorde Room - since you must have a same-day T5 boarding pass to get airside in T5. If your flight is from T3, then you need to use the T3 lounges, your boarding pass will not work in T5. As it happens there is a good range of lounges available in T3, details below.

For breakfast options for BA Gold / Emerald / First travellers, there is a photo guide in post 291, click here. Note the Qantas lounge only opens at 08:00 hrs.

LHR Terminal 3 First Class Lounges

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...e-reviews.html

LHR Terminal 3 Business Class Lounges

Print Wikipost

Best T3 OneWorld Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2018, 2:33 am
Ziz

Programs: BA Silver
I love the CX lounge. When I was last in T3 the QF lounge was being refurbished but I hear it's great. That comment is basically just to hedge off a response of "nooooooo are you crazy?!" My question is: is there a reason OneWorld hasn't combined forces to offer a single lounge in T3 (of considerable size of course)
Old Mar 19, 2018, 2:35 am

Originally Posted by Ziz
My question is: is there a reason OneWorld hasn't combined forces to offer a single lounge in T3 (of considerable size of course)
Why would we want that? BA would not want the same level of investment as the more premium carriers would be willing to provide.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 2:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by Ziz
...............My question is: is there a reason OneWorld hasn't combined forces to offer a single lounge in T3 (of considerable size of course)
Heaven forbid.
orbitmic, frandrake and 86BA7 like this.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 3:27 am
Ziz

Programs: BA Silver
I wasn't suggesting they SHOULD. I was just wondering why they hadn't like Skyteam did in T4.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 4:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by Ziz
I wasn't suggesting they SHOULD. I was just wondering why they hadn't like Skyteam did in T4.
Major airlines like to have a dedicated lounge, in their own name, at their home base.

But - that apart - I’d say look no further than the reason given by rossmacd above.. It is not by mere chance that the CX (and latterly, QF) lounge has quickly become the go-to quality option at T3.

Old Mar 19, 2018, 2:59 pm

Programs: NZ Gold, BA Gold, QF Silver, IHG Platinum Elite Ambassador, Accor Diamond
Originally Posted by Ziz
Star Alliance had a single lounge at T1 when it occupied it (and only half of the Star Alliance was at T1) and its airlines chose to have three separate ones when they were unified into the new T2. Besides LH which monopolised the main terminal lounge (and so is the lounge for almost all short haul *A flights), SQ, AC and UA all wanted their own spaces because LHR is such a critical hub for their operations. Hardly surprising BA has lounges at T3 given the amount of operations there, but again AA and CX regard LHR to be a key premium location for their operations (in competition with UA and SQ no less), and QF took the opportunity to use the ex. SK lounge site to lure OWS/E cardholders to its space as well as saving on most of its premium passengers using competitors' lounges. JL had a lounge at T3 at one time too.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
AA's flagship lounge is pretty good.
Originally Posted by Smid
Which is their F lounge. I said business. Unless they let BA Silvers into their F lounge like they do in the US.
Originally Posted by Amil
is there a flagship business like LAX? last time i was there in September it was pretty nasty compared to the other available lounges.
AA started granting business class admission to the Flagship Lounge last summer (also to OWS).

Amil, you would've been at LAX either while or before it was refurbed, so the LAX lounge is a different experience now (the oneworld lounge in TBIT is still the better option though).
Old Mar 19, 2018, 4:25 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by wrp96
AA started granting business class admission to the Flagship Lounge last summer (also to OWS).
AA often treats it's overseas lounges differently from their domestic lounges, with AA status passengers not getting access granted. I know that AA granted access to Flagship lounges to business passengers is the US last summer.

If that is also true of the AA F lounge in LHR T3, then I wonder why bother having a business lounge. It sounds as if nobody should be in it, if business and F and status above Sapphire have access to Flagship F lounge.

From what I recall last summer, it wasn't a bad one even at OWE level, so I'd be using the AA F lounge when I go to silver in April if that holds true... It is also a LOT smaller than the AA business lounge.

However, if you have not got into LHR T3 AA as a OWS/Business passenger, I don't believe you. I'd like to hear of someone who has...
Old Mar 19, 2018, 4:57 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
It seems the LHR lounge is still an International First Class Lounge and not a Flagship. AA states access for OWE and F only. At LHR OWS/J would use the AC or one of the other oneworld J lounges.

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...hip-lounge.jsp
Old Mar 19, 2018, 5:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP.
Originally Posted by wrp96

Amil, you would've been at LAX either while or before it was refurbed, so the LAX lounge is a different experience now (the oneworld lounge in TBIT is still the better option though).

I was at the AA Flagship Business in LAX recently and preferred the food options over the TBIT ... I think I confused you I had meant I was in the LHR T3 AA last September and I wasn't a fan at all unless there is some Flagship room for Business that I didn't see or was newly built.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 4:31 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
Not sure if it is just me but I always feel unwelcome going to the the AA lounges at T3 when not flying AA?

First response is always "do you realise that BA have their own lounges?" followed by "well we won't be announcing your flight here so make sure you keep track of time".

Compared to the CX or QF where you're greeted with open arms.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 5:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, Flying Blue Plat, UA Silver, Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador
I am in the Cathay lounge now, and it is superb and very welcoming.
Also creme eggs at reception!
wheatbeer likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 6:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by redpalmetto
I am in the Cathay lounge now, and it is superb and very welcoming.
Also creme eggs at reception!
I didn't see the creme eggs! Time to go for a wander, I think!
Old Mar 30, 2018, 6:28 am

It's also interesting that on the AA site, it's list LHR as "coming soon" for a flagship lounge. Does anyone know when the refurb is scheduled to take place?
Old Mar 30, 2018, 6:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Sixt Gold
Originally Posted by Ziz
I guess there is also a brand/product consideration to be made. When I was based in TPE flying all the time CX, I welcomed the "family feeling" of CX lounges across Asia and in major European hubs. As I entered the lounge, I felt much closer to home. To this date, when I happen to visit the CX lounge at CDG (which is still in the old design I was used to) and LHR T3, the smell alone reminds me of those years.

While I do really love the BA brand, I cannot say they deliver their lounge experience with the same consistency (not to mention the overall level). Same can be said for AA (even though the new Flagship ones are going the right direction).

Thus, if I were a major international airline caring about my premium image, I would never agree to dilute my brand and customer experience by sharing my lounge with other airlines.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.