Old Feb 25, 2018, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This gives the lounges options available for BA passengers departing from LHR T3. If you flight is departing from T3 you will not have access to the T5 lounges - including Concorde Room - since you must have a same-day T5 boarding pass to get airside in T5. If your flight is from T3, then you need to use the T3 lounges, your boarding pass will not work in T5. As it happens there is a good range of lounges available in T3, details below.

For breakfast options for BA Gold / Emerald / First travellers, there is a photo guide in post 291, click here. Note the Qantas lounge only opens at 08:00 hrs.

LHR Terminal 3 First Class Lounges

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...e-reviews.html

LHR Terminal 3 Business Class Lounges

Print Wikipost

Best T3 OneWorld Lounge

Old Jan 28, 2018, 1:23 pm

Programs: Mucci, Diamond Status & on the Supreme Council des Conseillers, BA Ag, Bonvoy GFL/Plat, xVS Au
Originally Posted by Ldnn1
The menus change within the day - so you may see certain items at one hour and other items at another hour.
Thanks, hopefully will be lucky next time. I love Char Siu Buns
Old Jan 28, 2018, 1:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Senior Railcard & Bus Pass
Originally Posted by gliderpilot
Thanks, hopefully will be lucky next time. I love Char Siu Buns
This was the all day dining menu in the CX F lounge on 19th January. The Dim Sum Basket had one Char Siu Bau and two Har Gau. The grilled seabass main course was totally lacking in flavour that day and we wished we had gone back to the AA F lounge for lunch.

Old Jan 28, 2018, 3:19 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Has the menu been laminated now?
Old Jan 28, 2018, 4:19 pm

Programs: BA GGL, NH SFC, IHG Diamond, Radisson VIP, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
The CX F was rubbish and I will not go back. I ordered a soft drink, starter and main. I had to wait for the drink to be served for 30min, then the starter didn't show up after 1 hour! I had to go to the gate and left the lounge. The BA F is the best for me.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 4:35 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by Dark Blue
The CX F was rubbish and I will not go back. I ordered a soft drink, starter and main. I had to wait for the drink to be served for 30min, then the starter didn't show up after 1 hour! I had to go to the gate and left the lounge. The BA F is the best for me.
I have definitely not been impressed with the service in the restaurant and particularly the drink portion. Found it easier to just go get my own. The food did actually come out in a reasonable amount of time in all my visits though. Servers seem to struggle to keep up. I think I have determined the CX lounge isnt for me also but dont know that I would call it rubbish. I have only visited a few times though.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 10:03 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
The CX F was rubbish and I will not go back. I ordered a soft drink, starter and main. I had to wait for the drink to be served for 30min, then the starter didn't show up after 1 hour!
Who waits 30 minutes for a soft drink and leaves after one hour without being served their starter?!! Drinks are available on a self-serve basis, and I’d be bending the ear of the waiting staff if my food order didn’t appear after 10-15 minutes.

From memory there’s no more than a dozen tables in the F dining section and on our most recent visit two or three waiting staff were in attendance.
dodgeflyer and FlightNurse like this.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 10:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
The CX F was rubbish and I will not go back. .................The BA F is the best for me.
I’m framing this one for posterity

I find the service - not to mention overall quality - to be very good indeed in CX T3.

Mind you, this particular report might help my personal campaign to keep the CX lounge as uncrowded as possible .......
Old Jan 29, 2018, 12:55 pm

Programs: BA GGL, NH SFC, IHG Diamond, Radisson VIP, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer

Who waits 30 minutes for a soft drink and leaves after one hour without being served their starter?!! Drinks are available on a self-serve basis, and I’d be bending the ear of the waiting staff if my food order didn’t appear after 10-15 minutes.

From memory there’s no more than a dozen tables in the F dining section and on our most recent visit two or three waiting staff were in attendance.
There was only one staff member serving in the dining area. Many people were redirected to the business lounge for dining and everyone in the F dining had similar waiting times. I was initially told the main would take 30-40min, but it was OK with me at that time but eventually the drink was served after 30min. Yes, I fetched water but the drink I ordered was only available from the menu. I don't know if it's an isolated case but it's only my experience with the CX F, I just go to the BA F.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 1:00 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Sounds like a temporary staff shortage to me, CX usually have 2 staff in the First restaurant area and the chef running around too occasionally. If it was recent, many, many airlines and support companies were ravaged by the Australian flu epidemic between mid December and until quite recently. CCR had a few days well short on staff for example. Dare I say it here, but all lounges have their off days occasionally.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 2:57 pm

I have followed this thread with interest but I am now wondering if it has been hijacked by CX fanatics!

I recently visited most of the T3 lounges. The QF lounge was pleasant but rather bright. The food looked good but not outstanding. The Daily Telegraph was available.

In the CX F bit it seemed claustrophobic to me. I wanted to experience the noodle bar so had to go into the J side. They gave me a binger to alert me to the availability of my choice but would not serve it in the F side. I went back to the F side and the dim sum appeared so they sorted that out but it was just rather dull food. Nothing special otherwise.

I went to the BA lounge. It was relaxed and had good food and wine. I stayed there. They had a rum tasting going on; I don't drink rum (since a nasty experience in 1971 that involved too many rum and blacks) but it seemed to me they were trying to make the lounge experience something that enhanced (not in the BA sense) the visit. I was flying F on JL so never bothered with food in the lounge.

When I go again to T3 then if there is not time to lounge crawl then the BA F lounge is the one for me.

(Sorry, never tried the AA lounge on my mast visit but have been there before and not liked it.)
Old Jan 29, 2018, 3:34 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Thanks Greenpen.

A view slightly against the tide....
While I enjoyed the superior CX F food and service, the space, ok food and better wine and /champagne are more important to me. If I have the time, I dine in CX F and relax in BA F.

Last edited by TravellerFrequently; Jan 29, 2018 at 3:39 pm
Old Jan 29, 2018, 3:59 pm

...The BA F is the best for me.
I agree, but it depends on how long I have. The last few times at T3, I've got through security at around T-60 and I've found myself going to the BA lounge. It's predictable - maybe a quick snack from the hot buffet and a drink, sit for 20 Minutes, then off to the gate. If it's breakfast time, it's quicker to self serve at BA from the hot buffet.

If I wanted to relax for hours and dine with waiter service, the CX menu and lounge is great. It just means hanging around the airport for longer.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Have lounge question, will be arriving LHR on AA in F then connecting to BA in J to DUB what lounge access will we have in T5?
Old Mar 4, 2018, 2:33 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Have lounge question, will be arriving LHR on AA in F then connecting to BA in J to DUB what lounge access will we have in T5?
This isn't really the right thread, but as advised in the replies to your other post, your best option is Galleries First in T5, the other option being Galleries Club in South, North or T5B. I can't think of a good reason using GC in this circumstance.
FlightNurse likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 2:34 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
galleries first lounge in T5 based on your inbound F flight assuming connecting on same day. Keep hold of your inbound bp as you’ll have to shown that at GF reception.
FlightNurse likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.