FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Best T3 OneWorld Lounge (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1653179-best-t3-oneworld-lounge.html)

LCY8737 Oct 2, 22 11:44 am

Originally Posted by GumshoeW12 (Post 34648454)
The CX lounge says it opens at 0530. Qantas wonít be open and AA hasnít reopened post Covid so itís between CX and Centurion.

I'd rather go BA than centurion. Not a big fan of the bar concept and the food options seemed unattractive (at least not to my taste).

lsquare Oct 2, 22 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by m8_rotate (Post 34647936)
I flew to Porto last weekend, not sure about QF but CX lounge is open until the last CX Departure normally around 2100hrs.

Sounds like CX is closing later now. Earlier this summer, it was between 17:30-18:00.

Originally Posted by LCY8737 (Post 34648541)
I'd rather go BA than centurion. Not a big fan of the bar concept and the food options seemed unattractive (at least not to my taste).

AMEX CL has better food but is very strict about the three-hour entry window.

Originally Posted by GumshoeW12 (Post 34648454)
The CX lounge says it opens at 0530. Qantas wonít be open and AA hasnít reopened post Covid so itís between CX and Centurion.

​​​​​​​Technically, COVID isn't over yet. I don't think WHO or even the British government has declared the pandemic is over.

LondonAussie Oct 2, 22 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by m8_rotate (Post 34647936)
I flew to Porto last weekend, not sure about QF but CX lounge is open until the last CX Departure normally around 2100hrs.

QF is the same, open until boarding closes on their evening flight to Sydney via Singapore at around 8:30pm.

marcopizzaiuolo Oct 2, 22 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by LCY8737 (Post 34648541)

sorry, but you must be really one of the few that would say that the BA Business Lounge has better food then the Centurion Lounge.

There is no real context about food and drinks offering (including the cocktails), and also about the design / ambience, hence I wanted to see if Cathay or Qantas would be better contenders vs Centurion as I will probably fly out of T3 quite often over the near future.

the only negative points about the Centurion Lounge, if it is important for some, is the lack of natural lighting /outside views

LCY8737 Oct 3, 22 2:07 am

Originally Posted by marcopizzaiuolo (Post 34649245)
sorry, but you must be really one of the few that would say that the BA Business Lounge has better food then the Centurion Lounge.

There is no real context about food and drinks offering (including the cocktails), and also about the design / ambience, hence I wanted to see if Cathay or Qantas would be better contenders vs Centurion as I will probably fly out of T3 quite often over the near future.

the only negative points about the Centurion Lounge, if it is important for some, is the lack of natural lighting /outside views

I suppose it is a matter of personal taste... I would rate the lounges CX > AA > BA > QF > AX. But the good thing about T3 is that there is something for everyone, and I for one will not compete for seats in the AX lounge. :D

marcopizzaiuolo Oct 3, 22 3:46 am

Originally Posted by LCY8737 (Post 34650088)
I suppose it is a matter of personal taste... I would rate the lounges CX > AA > BA > QF > AX. But the good thing about T3 is that there is something for everyone, and I for one will not compete for seats in the AX lounge. :D

surely personal taste is involved but there is also general consensus, and the Centurion lounge is known to have better food..

last time I was there there was both a spectacular slow cooked beef dish (melt in the mouth) and sea bass filets, to a level that I have never found in a BA business lounge both at Heathrow and Gatwick, but also a great selection of desserts.

the question may be around wanting a platinum card to access it if one has already OneWolrd status and/or fly in Business Class, but in the three flights I took flying CE from T3 recently I have rather gone to the Centurion Lounge than use the BA one.

xenole Oct 3, 22 3:47 am

To me, it depends on the menu in the BA lounge.

CX if I want free flow champagne, dim sum basket, fish and chips, mini shortbread, a decent shower etc.
QF if I want salt n pepper squid, espresso etc.
AA for the candy bar area.
BA if they're doing pie and mash.

I tend to hit all of them to see what's what though.

LCY8737 Oct 3, 22 5:14 am

Originally Posted by marcopizzaiuolo (Post 34650189)
surely personal taste is involved but there is also general consensus, and the Centurion lounge is known to have better food..

last time I was there there was both a spectacular slow cooked beef dish (melt in the mouth) and sea bass filets, to a level that I have never found in a BA business lounge both at Heathrow and Gatwick, but also a great selection of desserts.

the question may be around wanting a platinum card to access it if one has already OneWolrd status and/or fly in Business Class, but in the three flights I took flying CE from T3 recently I have rather gone to the Centurion Lounge than use the BA one.

You will have to count me out of that perceived consensus.

I am not a big fan of lounge food at the best of times (exceptions being made for the CX F wonton soup and the - sadly discontinued - CCR smoked salmon). I did try said Amex sea bass and found it dry, beef I do not like in general. What mostly disturbed me about the Amex lounge was that it was very busy. An issue to which I shall not contribute again.

allset2travel Oct 3, 22 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by xenole (Post 34650191)

CX if I want free flow champagne, dim sum basket, fish and chips, mini shortbread, a decent shower etc.

+1.
That the order I will follow on my next transit. :tu:

lsquare Oct 4, 22 5:28 am

You think AA and BA are better than AMEX CL? LMAO!!!!

Originally Posted by marcopizzaiuolo (Post 34650189)

​​​​​​​IMO, CX and AMEX, and even QF easily surpass BA. Unless something big changed since my last visit in June 2022.

Grace B Oct 6, 22 2:59 am

I tend to agree with you.

I think QF is vastly overrated.

lsquare Oct 6, 22 3:44 am

Originally Posted by Grace B (Post 34658510)
I tend to agree with you.

I think QF is vastly overrated.

A la carte is the reason why QF surpasses BA.

TWCLAM Oct 6, 22 6:49 am

Originally Posted by xenole (Post 34650191)

I remember on our 1st visit to the QF lounge years ago, soon after it's revamp, the OH proposing marriage to the waiter who delivered the salt n pepper squid. To save his blushes I assured him that having discovered the Green Ant Gin myself she was all his if he brought the remaining stock out but I wouldn't be held responsible when it dawned on her that it was actually the chef she was after.

As additional datapoints the Dan-Dan Noddle's were freely available in the J CX lounge last week about 10:30 ish. Perhaps a raised eyebrow when I offered to save us all time & accept the champagne bottle in it's entirety besides my seat but not a refusal

Grace B Oct 7, 22 12:27 am

Originally Posted by lsquare (Post 34658562)
A la carte is the reason why QF surpasses BA.

Fair enough, but I'm not interested in a la carte in airport lounges...

GDOCP Oct 9, 22 4:00 pm

Hi everyone - jumping on this thread for some advice. I'm flying out of T3 in AA J this coming Friday, and will need to do some work including a Teams call whilst I'm in the airport. Which of the T3 lounges would be best for working from do you think? Do any of them have cubicles for phone calls (I'll be using a headset needless to say but would be good to minimise disturbance to everyone else)? I'm BA Gold so obviously I have plenty of options...

Thanks.