FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Best T3 OneWorld Lounge (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1653179-best-t3-oneworld-lounge.html)

Amil Sep 12, 22 3:49 am

Random question. If im ow emerald landed with ba ce in t5 but flying t3 with vs could I use the ow lounges?
​​​​​​​

KARFA Sep 12, 22 3:51 am

Originally Posted by Amil (Post 34592262)
Random question. If im ow emerald landed with ba ce in t5 but flying t3 with vs could I use the ow lounges?

no. you would need to be departing on a oneworld flight.

The _Banking_Scot Sep 12, 22 3:54 am

Originally Posted by Amil (Post 34592262)

hi

No you cannot sorry

You would need to be flying a OW carrier to use the OW t3 lounges

If you can use the vs clubhouse by status or class of travel it is very good in any case

regards

​​​​​​​Tbs

Amil Sep 12, 22 4:06 am

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot (Post 34592271)
hi

No you cannot sorry

You would need to be flying a OW carrier to use the OW t3 lounges

If you can use the vs clubhouse by status or class of travel it is very good in any case

regards

Tbs

figured but worth a shot asking. Vs lounge is a busy shitshow today. But itll still do :)

could have sworn ow rules allowed arrival

megaloman Sep 12, 22 8:30 am

Originally Posted by Amil (Post 34592285)
could have sworn ow rules allowed arrival

AFAIK only AA allows to use lounge before *and* after the flight and I've done it a few times myself, but that's not the standard OW rule.

JIMCHI Sep 12, 22 9:10 am

Originally Posted by ghsbass0406 (Post 34588260)
The Cathay lounge doesn't only serve asian food. Their first class lounge (OWE) is lovely with a sit-down restaurant and offerings such as eggs Benedict and a complete English breakfast. I'd hit up Cathay before any of the others.

Besides CX, does any other OW first class lounge offer a breakfast menu vs. a buffet?

megaloman Sep 12, 22 9:30 am

Originally Posted by JIMCHI (Post 34592811)
Besides CX, does any other OW first class lounge offer a breakfast menu vs. a buffet?

BA F in T3 had some bits to order from memory.

drwook Sep 12, 22 9:32 am

BA F is also the only game in town for black pudding, if you are so inclined.

I'd be inclined to move on after breakfast though.

Grace B Sep 13, 22 2:46 am

Originally Posted by drwook (Post 34592889)
BA F is also the only game in town for black pudding, if you are so inclined.

I assume that this is only to order, not from the buffet as in the old days. I did enjoy the black pudding when I was in there pre-Covid.

Tempus Sep 15, 22 10:54 am

Anyone know if the noodle bar in the T3 Cathay lounge has different operating hours, or if it runs open to close?

marcopizzaiuolo Sep 15, 22 11:55 am

Asked this in another thread but received no answers, so I try again:

family of five, mum and dad Silver, children all bronze (I know it does not make a difference), youngest child 6yo (has been let in without charge fee times in PP lounges, only once charged), flying ET from LHR T3, all same booking. Would we be able to enter in the Cathay Pacific Lounge? Not fancy the BA lounge at T3 and rather go to the Centurion one where all 5 of us will have access, but curious to try the Cathay one for breakfast 6:45am flight, I understand it opens at 5:30am

KARFA Sep 15, 22 12:52 pm

that's quite an ask if i understand the situation, basically you want two additional guests beyond the normal entitlement. i think the exception for CX is like BA, so only under 2 year olds don't count as guests.

i think the best way would be to ask nicely and hope they allow it, but expect that they will say no. better get practicing the face :)

https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/...5476.jpg?w=620

marcopizzaiuolo Sep 15, 22 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 34602948)
that's quite an ask if i understand the situation, basically you want two additional guests beyond the normal entitlement. i think the exception for CX is like BA, so only under 2 year olds don't count as guests.

i think the best way would be to ask nicely and hope they allow it, but expect that they will say no. better get practicing the face :)

https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/...5476.jpg?w=620

sorry, but if I understand the entitlement, I am asking only for one extra entry: ( I probably should have written “Mum and dad both silver”)

each of the silver parent can guest one child, which leaves the younger without entry entitlement… the kids love the Centurion Lounge so I may ask if we can get all in and if refused, can walk fast back to the centurion lounge

KARFA Sep 15, 22 1:18 pm

ah apologies yes five, for some reason i was convinced you wrote six so two parents and four children.

NickB Sep 25, 22 6:03 am

The restaurant in the QF lounge was not open yesterday before lunchtime, presumably because the MEL flight that normally leaves at 11:55 had been delayed until 18:30, resulting in the restaurant opening from 4pm-ish onwards rather than in the morning. Fair enough.

Rather more disappointingly, the gin bar was closed and bartenders in the upstairs bar would only serve the beefeater gin. That it is the first time I experienced that. I have on occasion visited the lounge in the afternoon when the restaurant was closed and it has never been an issue getting one of the gins from the gin bar. Not so yesterday at lunchtime. Not impressed.