FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Best T3 OneWorld Lounge (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1653179-best-t3-oneworld-lounge.html)

xenole Aug 23, 2022 4:10 am

Originally Posted by lsquare (Post 34537832)
You could have also gone to the Centurion Lounge.

Don't believe I have access.

Anyway, just popped into the BA lounge and handily, the lunch menu is out at 11am (ish), so ham & veg pie and mash (with vegan gravy) - got to be better than what will be on offer on my flight :)
Nice to mix things up a bit as well.

lsquare Aug 23, 2022 4:13 am

Originally Posted by xenole (Post 34537907)
Don't believe I have access.

Anyway, just popped into the BA lounge and handily, the lunch menu is out at 11am (ish), so pie and mash - got to be better than what will be on offer on my flight :)
Nice to mix things up a bit as well.

I don't know why I assumed you had an AMEX Platinum. I have one in my wallet for LHR T3 in case I get bored of the food at CX J.

Smid Aug 23, 2022 6:39 am

Originally Posted by xenole (Post 34537827)
Asked for a menu in the CX lounge, sat down and then nothing. Sat and sat then walked out.

A menu? I assume in the CX F lounge? CX J lounge doesn't do menus or waiter service.

Last time I was in CX F they didn't do food outside the sit down dining area. Did you go into the F sit down dining area asked for a table, then asked for a menu, and they didn't bother coming to give you a menu? Were there many others in there, it isn't big?

xenole Aug 23, 2022 9:15 am

F section yes. Few people in there. 3 singles, a group of 4 who were already eating and one or two couples, all who had been there before I arrived.
Someone else who was there before me left without anyone coming near him as well, and someone else was there half the time I was in there.

They did pick up a little in the Qantas lounge, but all seemed to be sullen, emotionless autonomons doing the bare minimum one step at a time. Nothing pro-active or really active.
Could well have been, or have a promising career ahead of them as BA crew ;)

krispy84 Aug 23, 2022 9:46 am

Originally Posted by xenole (Post 34538602)
F section yes. Few people in there. 3 singles, a group of 4 who were already eating and one or two couples, all who had been there before I arrived.
Someone else who was there before me left without anyone coming near him as well, and someone else was there half the time I was in there.

They did pick up a little in the Qantas lounge, but all seemed to be sullen, emotionless autonomons doing the bare minimum one step at a time. Nothing pro-active or really active.
Could well have been, or have a promising career ahead of them as BA crew ;)

Pre-Covid there was a friendly and very effective female manager in the QF restaurant section. I would see her often at breakfast time. I haven’t flown from T3 much since so not sure if she’s still working there.

lettezilla Sep 1, 2022 1:48 am

Niche question-- one of my favourite things about morning flights in the beforetimes was enjoying a glass of fizz (prosecco is fine, doesn't have to be Champagne), and a hot breakfast, especially hash browns. We've got an AA flight on Saturday morning out of T3 and I'm wondering where to aim? Between us, he's got access to the BA Business lounge and equivalents, and I've got AmEx Plat and Priority Pass.

The last few times we've flown since the pandemic, BA had stripped down their offering to just breakfast sandwiches and no hot buffet, so no hashbrowns. I'm guessing this isn't the kind of thing Cathay do, either. Flight will be boarding before 7am so Qantas won't be open early enough to be an option. My one experience in the AmEx lounge was early on and they were still working out menus, but at that point they were clearly attempting "elevated" breakfast food, which didn't quite work. I even could pop into the Priority Pass lounge if that's the best option, just to grab a hashbrown and then go sit in Cathay for the nicer environment. Couldn't tell from the photos posted of the AA lounge what might be in the chafing dishes, but that might be an option?

So as I said, a niche request, but any T3 hash brown spotting since the pandemic would be most appreciated!

drwook Sep 1, 2022 2:04 am

I'll caveat that I've not been in there since covid struck, but if I recall rightly the Cathay lounge did actually have a fairly good cooked breakfast - no black pudding but otherwise good enough.

Smid Sep 1, 2022 3:43 am

Originally Posted by lettezilla (Post 34562960)
We've got an AA flight on Saturday morning out of T3 and I'm wondering where to aim? Between us, he's got access to the BA Business lounge and equivalents, and I've got AmEx Plat and Priority Pass.

For fizz, I think the AA and PP lounges won't have them in any form (PP tends to make out the likes of Prosecco is expensive like champagne). BA should have self-pour champagne in F and J lounges, Cathay has order at the bar champagne in J, self pour in F. I'm not sure if it is bar or self pour sparkling wine in Qantas (I must go sometimes). And Prosecco in the Amex Centurion lounge.

I've never been in early enough to see the breakfasts apart from pre-covid BA J and AA.

AviationMoose Sep 1, 2022 4:39 am

Originally Posted by 225SG (Post 34537731)
Currently in the Qantas lounge after a pre 8am visit to the BA lounge. Ba offering for breakfast was OK and the Qantas self serve is not bad, better hot food options but very nice coffee as mentioned. Nice and quiet in the Quantas lounge as first OZ flight isn't until 12 apparently.

EDIT: Managed to get into the Cathy lounge. Brighter but busier. Dimsum was nice and actual champagne as opposed to sparkling wine which was better if no LPGS.

I think we did the lounge hop in the correct order, early with BA, in Qantas at 8 and then finish with Cathy and dimsum.

Fast track was short in queue but longer in time than it needed to be due to people seemingly still unable to grasp the 100ml liquid rule...

Did they not have champagne back in the BA lounge? It was when I was last in T5 Galleries, and I thought it was back at T3, too.

Donsyb Sep 1, 2022 6:40 am

Originally Posted by Smid (Post 34563117)
For fizz, I think the AA and PP lounges won't have them in any form (PP tends to make out the likes of Prosecco is expensive like champagne). BA should have self-pour champagne in F and J lounges, Cathay has order at the bar champagne in J, self pour in F. I'm not sure if it is bar or self pour sparkling wine in Qantas (I must go sometimes). And Prosecco in the Amex Centurion lounge.

I've never been in early enough to see the breakfasts apart from pre-covid BA J and AA.

pre covid, AA always had champagne. And they have champagne in New York and T3 arrivals.

Haven’t been to the T3 departures since covid to
confirm as we travelled just before they switched back from T5.

Smid Sep 1, 2022 7:14 am

Originally Posted by Donsyb (Post 34563410)
pre covid, AA always had champagne. And they have champagne in New York and T3 arrivals.

Haven’t been to the T3 departures since covid to
confirm as we travelled just before they switched back from T5.

This is interesting, after trying some reviews of AA's Admiral lounge here here and here, trying forcing it on a google search, and looking at a picture here, I've found no mention of Champagne being served in the old J lounge (Admirals). There's Prosecco clearly in that picture, but the others don't feature anything which looks like fizzy stuff of any kind. We did pop in about... 2015 for a while to look, but I think we had F access, so just skipped through.

No-one has confirmed so far whether the new AA J lounge (whatever it is now called) has Champagne of any kind, be it self pour, bar (which didn't look as if it had) or chase down a server.

Just to make it clear, I'm not doubting you if you saw it in J, but did you mean F? I've no experience of AA JFK lounge, and I think the AA T3 arrivals probably did have it when I was in that before. Head for points couldn't find any in their review, but it could have been tucked away somewhere secret.

Donsyb Sep 1, 2022 7:27 am

Originally Posted by Smid (Post 34563500)
This is interesting, after trying some reviews of AA's Admiral lounge here here and here, trying forcing it on a google search, and looking at a picture here, I've found no mention of Champagne being served in the old J lounge (Admirals). There's Prosecco clearly in that picture, but the others don't feature anything which looks like fizzy stuff of any kind. We did pop in about... 2015 for a while to look, but I think we had F access, so just skipped through.

No-one has confirmed so far whether the new AA J lounge (whatever it is now called) has Champagne of any kind, be it self pour, bar (which didn't look as if it had) or chase down a server.

Just to make it clear, I'm not doubting you if you saw it in J, but did you mean F? I've no experience of AA JFK lounge, and I think the AA T3 arrivals probably did have it when I was in that before. Head for points couldn't find any in their review, but it could have been tucked away somewhere secret.

is there a separate AA J lounge in T3? I only remember one (but could be wrong - I’m which case it would have been F). The lounge we went to even offered champagne as you entered.

Donsyb Sep 1, 2022 7:29 am

Originally Posted by Smid (Post 34563500)

JFK admirals club is self pour, and is usually Taittinger or similar.

it’s possible T3 was on request, like BA galleries? Other than the glass offered on arrival.

KARFA Sep 1, 2022 7:30 am

Yes there was a AC to the left of reception and an F lounge to the right. The F lounge did have free pour champagne. Not sure about the AC either pre covid or now. I am in on Saturday morning and if I have time I may go and check.

KARFA Sep 1, 2022 7:31 am

Originally Posted by Donsyb (Post 34563540)
JFK admirals club is self pour, and is usually Taittinger or similar.

Just to check, you mean JFK AC or the JFK Flagship lounge? That sounds more like the Flagship offering to me.