FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Best T3 OneWorld Lounge (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1653179-best-t3-oneworld-lounge.html)

CatchThePigeon Aug 17, 22 9:32 am

I confess to not having a palate that appreciates Champagne as much as some do. I like a glass of fizzy stuff now and again but not sure I'd manage to distinguish between an LPGS or a bog standard Cremant. I bear no grudge to those that "like" Champagne solely because of the price factor and are especially excited to have a glass when travelling. Personally, I thoroughly enjoy tasting the different still wines available in lounges/onboard and for that reason I'll always pop into the BA lounge.

On T3 lounges, I think QF has gone downhill somewhat and agree with a few others that it feels rather sterile. CX has got everything I want in a lounge and I keep hoping that BA will give their lounge a bit of a revamp or at least a spring clean and new carpets.

krispy84 Aug 17, 22 10:12 am

Originally Posted by CatchThePigeon (Post 34522131)
On T3 lounges, I think QF has gone downhill somewhat and agree with a few others that it feels rather sterile. CX has got everything I want in a lounge and I keep hoping that BA will give their lounge a bit of a revamp or at least a spring clean and new carpets.

The QF and CX lounges have quite different design aesthetics. I think this accounts for the strong views on both sides.

scubadu Aug 17, 22 10:57 am

Originally Posted by krispy84 (Post 34521982)
I think you’ll find it’s a preference thing, some like to drink it when available, others, including you, don’t. 😁<snip>

Originally Posted by CatchThePigeon (Post 34522131)
<snip>I bear no grudge to those that "like" Champagne solely because of the price factor and are especially excited to have a glass when travelling.

Agreed. And just to be clear, I've got no beef with those who enjoy Champagne (never understood "champers" either, you are literally saving one letter, but that's probably a discussion for another day! :D) And I do, on occasion enjoy a glass.

That said, it literally has never been, nor ever will be, a deciding factor on the airport lounge where I choose to park myself. Nor do I think its effective criteria for deciding whether or not a lounge should even actually exist (which is what some FTers sort of imply)

Regards

krispy84 Aug 17, 22 11:10 am

Originally Posted by scubadu (Post 34522443)
(never understood "champers" either, you are literally saving one letter, but that's probably a discussion for another day! :D)
Regards

I’m with you there 👍

The wine is called Champagne, not champers, bubbles etc, and never ‘shampoo’. The very thought of the latter makes me cringe.

scubadu Aug 17, 22 3:43 pm

I apologize if I am hijacking this thread, not sure if its the best one but seems related. Also, I'm confident this has undoubtedly been answered and I tend to be one those "did you search?" type FTers, but in this case I have searched (quite a bit actually, even using Google) but cannot quite find the answer.

So many threads/questions on "I'm flying from T5, but can I go to T3 for the lounges" My question is a derivative. Flying AA metal into LHR @ T3. Then have a BA connecting flight out of T5. However, unfortunately, we have a very long layover (6+ hours). So my question is, since arriving in T3 anyhow is there any way to just stay there a few hours and visit a lounge before we transit to T5 for our connecting flight.

I suspect the answer is no, but wanted to confirm before writing off the possibility all together. We will be HBO only, if that matters.

Regards

PGberkshire Aug 17, 22 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by Flexible preferences (Post 34521730)
Looks nice, and I like the banana bread a lot. However, I'd prefer to see a sneeze-guard and the chilled items kept refrigerated.

Isn't it a chiller/cold plate built into the worktop?

PGberkshire Aug 17, 22 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by scubadu (Post 34523376)
I apologize if I am hijacking this thread, not sure if its the best one but seems related. Also, I'm confident this has undoubtedly been answered and I tend to be one those "did you search?" type FTers, but in this case I have searched (quite a bit actually, even using Google) but cannot quite find the answer.

So many threads/questions on "I'm flying from T5, but can I go to T3 for the lounges" My question is a derivative. Flying AA metal into LHR @ T3. Then have a BA connecting flight out of T5. However, unfortunately, we have a very long layover (6+ hours). So my question is, since arriving in T3 anyhow is there any way to just stay there a few hours and visit a lounge before we transit to T5 for our connecting flight.

I suspect the answer is no, but wanted to confirm before writing off the possibility all together. We will be HBO only, if that matters.

Regards

No

Smid Aug 17, 22 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by scubadu (Post 34521876)
This may cause heads to explode in this forum, but amazingly not everybody cares about/even likes "champers." :eek:

This may also cause heads to explode in this forums, but you can also choose not to drink it.

It being available is something which does feature in the choosing criteria given that at one point only in the J lounges, it was only really easily available in the CX J lounge (unless you wanted to chase poor servers around in the BA J lounge). Not in any other Oneworld, or Priority Pass or (now) Amex lounges. Thus it might feature as on-topic on a thread about "Best T3 Oneworld Lounge".

I've got absolutely no interest in Gin, but I don't take offense if someone wants to stock a good one.

(Personally, I found "Champagne" (to stop all the tutting), quite a nice experience on a plane. However, mixing drinks with other ones such as spirits or beer, or even red wine, before it doesn't work. So my plane experience involves "Champagne" in the lounges beforehand, if possible, then on the plane).

Flexible preferences Aug 18, 22 2:58 am

Originally Posted by PGberkshire (Post 34523659)
Isn't it a chiller/cold plate built into the worktop?

Ah - could be.

225SG Aug 23, 22 3:06 am

Currently in the Qantas lounge after a pre 8am visit to the BA lounge. Ba offering for breakfast was OK and the Qantas self serve is not bad, better hot food options but very nice coffee as mentioned. Nice and quiet in the Quantas lounge as first OZ flight isn't until 12 apparently.

EDIT: Managed to get into the Cathy lounge. Brighter but busier. Dimsum was nice and actual champagne as opposed to sparkling wine which was better if no LPGS.

I think we did the lounge hop in the correct order, early with BA, in Qantas at 8 and then finish with Cathy and dimsum.

Fast track was short in queue but longer in time than it needed to be due to people seemingly still unable to grasp the 100ml liquid rule...

salut0 Aug 23, 22 3:30 am

Originally Posted by 225SG (Post 34537731)
Currently in the Quantas lounge

Counterintuitively, the name is actually an acronym for Queensland and Northern Territory Aerial Services Ltd (Q.A.N.T.A.S) so no U.

225SG Aug 23, 22 3:44 am

Originally Posted by salut0 (Post 34537767)
Counterintuitively, the name is actually an acronym for Queensland and Northern Territory Aerial Services Ltd (Q.A.N.T.A.S) so no U.

That's what you get for getting up early.. :)

lsquare Aug 23, 22 4:07 am

Originally Posted by 225SG (Post 34537731)
Currently in the Qantas lounge after a pre 8am visit to the BA lounge. Ba offering for breakfast was OK and the Qantas self serve is not bad, better hot food options but very nice coffee as mentioned. Nice and quiet in the Quantas lounge as first OZ flight isn't until 12 apparently.

EDIT: Managed to get into the Cathy lounge. Brighter but busier. Dimsum was nice and actual champagne as opposed to sparkling wine which was better if no LPGS.

I think we did the lounge hop in the correct order, early with BA, in Qantas at 8 and then finish with Cathy and dimsum.

Fast track was short in queue but longer in time than it needed to be due to people seemingly still unable to grasp the 100ml liquid rule...

IMO, if you can't get a la carte at the QF lounge, then it's a waste of time to go there. I would skip the BA J lounge as there was nothing special and it was jam-packed when I was there. At T3, it's either CX J/F or AMEX Centurion Lounge. I don't have access to CX F, but soon, I'll join the rank of BAEC Golds and have access. I keep reading CX F has really good food. I'll find out for myself soon enough!

xenole Aug 23, 22 4:15 am

Very poor today.

Asked for a menu in the CX lounge, sat down and then nothing. Sat and sat then walked out.

QF lounge. Some tables occupied, others covered in used plates etc. Had to ask for a table, and then asked, after a wait, if I wanted just to sit down or eat. Yes, i want to casually sit down in the restaurant bit.
10 mins later, after getting a drink, still no-one has come near anyone.

It's as the staff couldnt give a £%&* today. Don't want to be having to chase up people to do what they're paid to do. No issues before.

lsquare Aug 23, 22 4:18 am

Originally Posted by xenole (Post 34537827)
Very poor today.

Asked for a menu in the CX lounge, sat down and then nothing. Sat and sat then walked out.

QF lounge. Some tables occupied, others covered in used plates etc. Had to ask for a table, and then asked, after a wait, if I wanted just to sit down or eat. Yes, i want to casually sit down in the restaurant bit.
10 mins later, after getting a drink, still no-one has come near anyone.

It's as the staff couldnt give a £%&* today. Don't want to be having to chase up people to do what they're paid to do. No issues before.

You could have also gone to the Centurion Lounge.