Best T3 OneWorld Lounge

Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 13, 20, 5:30 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Prospero
Wiki Link
This gives the lounges options available for BA passengers departing from LHR T3. If you flight is departing from T3 you will not have access to the T5 lounges - including Concorde Room - since you must have a same-day T5 boarding pass to get airside in T5. If your flight is from T3, then you need to use the T3 lounges, your boarding pass will not work in T5. As it happens there is a good range of lounges available in T3, details below.

For breakfast options for BA Gold / Emerald / First travellers, there is a photo guide in post 291, click here. Note the Qantas lounge only opens at 08:00 hrs.

LHR Terminal 3 First Class Lounges

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...e-reviews.html

LHR Terminal 3 Business Class Lounges

Print Wikipost

Old Sep 12, 17, 3:35 am

Originally Posted by kwisstan View Post
I​​​​​​I will admit, I grab 4/5 and then toast with butter, remove the bacon and make my own.
I'm only half joking when I say they probably reuse them and this is the reason why they are so hard
Old Sep 12, 17, 4:52 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC Gold, AY+ Platinum, HH Diamond, Nordic Choice Hotels Silver, IHG Diamond Elite, Avis PP
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
November (not sure it's overdue, mind). It currently looks like Cathay at least 3 months before opening, but there were special factors there.
I have a flight out of T3 on November 3rd, which is probably going to be too early if it doesn't open right on November 1st!
Old Sep 12, 17, 5:01 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC
Originally Posted by bjorns View Post
Where is the new Qantas lounge located?
Between the BA and Cathay lounges.

I tried to sneak a peak through the plywood lift-up hatch yesterday morning, but some spoilsport has put white plastic over the window.
Old Sep 12, 17, 5:04 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC
Originally Posted by aaupgrade View Post

CX J lounge doesn't open until 0730.
I don't think this is correct - I'm there fairly regularly at 0630 and its open. perhaps that is weekends.

Last edited by TheJayHatch; Sep 12, 17 at 5:05 am Reason: Clarity
Old Sep 12, 17, 5:30 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TheJayHatch View Post
I don't think this is correct - I'm there fairly regularly at 0630 and its open. perhaps that is weekends.
Yes, it is just Sunday when the CX lounge opens at 0730. I think every other day it opens around 0500-0530.
Old Sep 12, 17, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
November (not sure it's overdue, mind)...
Back in February, over on the Qantas forum, Genius1 had posted a link which stated March 2017 as the proposed original opening date. That article, from the Australian Business Traveller, was subsequently updated in June and now includes this quote:

A source associated with the lounge's construction tells Australian Business Traveller that the project team is now targeting "late September, definitely October" as the opening date.
Not to worry. It is what it is.

Palmer
Old Sep 12, 17, 6:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hertz pres circle, SPG Gold, hilton diamond
Interesting, I was in the CX business lounge at the end of august, and thought it was great. The noodle and dim sum bar in particular, and moet on demand at the bar.

I'm back there at the end of November in F so hope the Qantas lounge is open to compare. I don't recall ever going to a Qantas lounge so don't really know what to expect. I'm a bit lazy so cant imagine myself going to 4 lounges to check them out, I think 2 is my max!
Old Sep 13, 17, 3:42 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
If you're flying in F, then you'd have 8 lounges to check out - all the business and all the first ones!

Just get to T3 in the morning for an evening flight, and move once an hour...
LPQ and LCSinTexas like this.
Old Sep 13, 17, 3:48 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Etihad Gold, Hilton Diamond
What time does the noodle bar open at the CX lounge?
Old Sep 13, 17, 4:02 am

Programs: BA GGL, CR
I'm flying to Vegas tomorrow for the big fight so will do a Lounge trawl. Haven't done that for years as normally flying either on business or with kids.
Old Sep 15, 17, 6:40 am

Heathrow Club World Lounge Access

It will be our first time flying Club World from Heathrow T3 to Miami in November. We have a U class ticket (we upgraded from WTP using POUG). I am a bit confused about what lounges we can access. Is it just the BA Club lounge or can I get access to other One World lounges at Terminal 3 & Miami?
Old Sep 15, 17, 6:43 am

Location: 15 minutes west of LHR, Stockholm, or somewhere inbetween.
Programs: BAEC Gold GGL, CCR, GfL, Mucci des Recherches des Consommations Exotiques.
Originally Posted by Stuartgrn View Post
It will be our first time flying Club World from Heathrow T3 to Miami in November. We have a U class ticket (we upgraded from WTP using POUG). I am a bit confused about what lounges we can access. Is it just the BA Club lounge or can I get access to other One World lounges at Terminal 3 & Miami?
Flying in Club World, you can access all OW business class lounges at T3.

Currently, most people here would recommend the Cathay Pacific Business Class lounge as the best of the lot.
Old Sep 15, 17, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by bjorns View Post
Flying in Club World, you can access all OW business class lounges at T3.

Currently, most people here would recommend the Cathay Pacific Business Class lounge as the best of the lot.
Thanks for this information. From what I have been reading online the Cathay lounge puts the BA offering to shame?
Old Sep 16, 17, 7:34 am
Suspended

what is the best lounge in lhr t3

hi all can you help
what is the best loungue in t3 ..lhr we are flying cc with ba
Old Sep 16, 17, 7:35 am

Programs: BA Gold
Cc? Cathay is the best lounge if you're eligible (Gold Card holder / Flying First)

Search this Thread